San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM

It means that they are a good shooting team that had a bad tournament from outside - but won anyway. If Mitchell is good in the high post and they've got two really good jump shooters, that's trouble. Also, Joe vs. a 5-8 guy isn't to our advantage if the the 5-8 guy is really quick.

It goes beyond the tourney. They have not been shooting well over the past 6 games.

I have watched more SDSU games than probably anyone on this board. It comes down to this: we guard the perimeter well, we win. They are not big and they don’t shoot well from inside the arc. If we don’t get out on their shooters we will have a big problem. Let’s have the former happen and not the latter, shall we? ;)

I have watched more SDSU games than probably anyone on this board. It comes down to this: we guard the perimeter well, we win. They are not big and they don’t shoot well from inside the arc. If we don’t get out on their shooters we will have a big problem. Let’s have the former happen and not the latter, shall we? ;)

This. We did well against a UVA team that is crisp and experienced playing the zone. Need to continue that trend.

I dont expect much edwards...but I think he could do some damage if given the chance. SDSU seems pretty small...he might be able to dominate in there.

My guess is Boeheim will go small and play Marek all 40...since SDSU is also a smaller squad...

Will be interesting to see how foul trouble comes into it...both teams are deep enough to be okay...but it could really impact how the game develops.

Huge SU fan, schedules Skiing during first round of march madness. sounds reasonable.
HAM!!
I did not schedule it. I committed to this a few weeks ago. Was not worth me missing this fun trip with some high school buddies. Looking forward to it. And we will watch it, for sure. That's a guarantee, regardless of time.

I did not schedule it. I committed to this a few weeks ago. Was not worth me missing this fun trip with some high school buddies. Looking forward to it. And we will watch it, for sure. That's a guarantee, regardless of time.
actually sounds awesome. have fun.

Gonna be a really tough game. They're probably better than a 6 seed. The key to me will be taking care of the ball. Cannot turn it over, and give them easy buckets. Joe needs to be on point, but if he's shaky then it's Kadary time.

They play slow enough where we shouldn't ever be out of it. Really need a second scorer to step up. I'm thinking AG is the man for the job. Q should be able to get buckets down low as well. And Marek won't be outmatched, so that's gonna be huge. I'd bet it comes down to the last 2-3 minutes, and I like our chances, but this will be a battle for sure.
they were seeded right where there numbers say they should be 6 or 7 seed

Good stuff.

Love the added hyperbole...

Coming at you from SU is a zone playing better than it has all year and unlike any zone you have played all year.

We start a thin Center who is one of the best passing big men in the country. He can handle it and brings the ball up. He will take on your big man one on one off the bounce. Think younger thinner pau gasol.

At pf we have a Bulldog in QG. He is great on the boards and finishes with contact. Can shoot the 3 think of a Paul Millsap.

At SF is Griffin who can get red hot or disappear. When he is off he is replaced by Braswell who is really long, elite defender and can hit the 3 at 6-9.

At SG is Buddy Boeheim who is on a tear scoring at all levels. Elite shooter who is very crafty using a high release. Playing the best he has since coming here.

At PG we have Joe Girard. Scrappy guard who was an elite scorer in HS. He can shoot it when he is on.

At Backup PG is our X factor and the guy you should worry about the most next to Buddy, Paul and Pau. Kadary Richmond is 6-5 and an elite defender at the top of the zone. Most teams struggle to adjust to how long he is and he gets a lot of deflections and steals. He is a true PG at 6-5 with a great handle who can take his man into the lane and setup teammates. Not a shooter but can knock down midrange. Good rebounder. Most unique player you will see all year.

Off the bench as well is 6-11 Jesse Edwards with a 7-5 wingspan. He has come on of late and is a huge obstacle inside. Slowed down the best frontcourt in the country in UNC when he came in.

Looking forward to an NBA caliber matchup ;). Good luck to y'all as well!!
Basically we have:
PG - A slower Brandon Jennings
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - JR Smith
PF - Millsap
C - Skinny Gasol
PG - Penny Hardaway
SF - Robert Horry
C - Rudy Gobert

Also apologize if posted, but game times are announced tomorrow or late tonight?

Think two places where this game will be decided.

Guerrier’s and Marek’s ability to limit fouls, which is also directly effected by JE’s effectiveness in the time he may be granted.

Allen and Quincy being active in the offensive boards. Extend our possessions. SDSU is a low tempo team who does not rebound strongly. If we can allow ourselves second chance opportunities, and limit theres on the other end, I like our chances.

They can score at all levels. They won’t be sloppy. Buddy’s going to be picked up 10 ft off the perimeter I’m sure.

We need to use our length and size.

Football team takes their OL coach.

Hoops team takes them out of the tourney in the first round.

But they'll still have the climate, can't take that away.
And the Firebird chicken sandwich at the Crack Shack.

Think two places where this game will be decided.

Guerrier’s and Marek’s ability to limit fouls, which is also directly effected by JE’s effectiveness in the time he may be granted.

Allen and Quincy being active in the offensive boards. Extend our possessions. SDSU is a low tempo team who does not rebound strongly. If we can allow ourselves second chance opportunities, and limit theres on the other end, I like our chances.

They can score at all levels. They won’t be sloppy. Buddy’s going to be picked up 10 ft off the perimeter I’m sure.

We need to use our length and size.
A third...

Sometimes officiating in the tourney gets weird.

Sharps are pounding San Diego State at -1.5.
This spread will be close to 4.5 by tip-off if you are betting SU wait till as close to tip-off as you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom