San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM

This will be a fun game.

One thing to watch for. Our zone defense isn't as formidable as it usually is... at least with the starting lineup.

It changes in a hurry when the bench comes in, specifically Kadary Richmond. He's a nightmare at the top of the zone.

A lot of us have been clamoring for him to start over Joe Girard. The defense transforms when he's in the game so dramatically, we wonder why Boeheim doesn't start games that way.

Conspiracists suspect that it may be because Boeheim knows he can sucker a team into thinking the zone is soft, and get his opponent playing a little lazy, then wham, Richmond comes in and completely shuts things down and gets two quick steals for easy transition buckets going the other way.
Why stop there? Just start Owens over buddy.

We have several players that can show up real big, especially with all the focus teams will try to put on Buddy. Not sure many of these teams have seen a big man like Dolezaj that can bring the ball up and throw pin point passes. If Joe gets hot he can really burn the coverage on Buddy. Quincy will play tough and as everyone has suggested, if good AG shows...kitty bar the door. LGO
and, if needed, there's 3 guys off the bench that now can be X-Factor based on recent games!

times a little more confusing because the dont have the WC times to eliminate a bunch of games . anyone anytime now so they will pay attention to the big boys later in the day but can also spread some in earlier that wouldnt be a choice in other years.. Gonz as a WC team would never be before 3-4 but could be noon if they wanted..

Maybe they'll go to Tijuana to celebrate tonight :)
Ncaa Basketball Sport GIF by BIG EAST Conference

Possible SD St. distraction alert - I hope the media gets on Head Coach Dutcher this week about leaving to take the Minnesota job. I think there’s a good chance he wants that job. Dutcher grew up in MN, graduated from MN and his dad was head coach there for many years.

Dutcher has like a $7.5 million contract buy out but there is a clause in his contract that his buy out is only $1 million for just the MN job.

This will be a fun game.

One thing to watch for. Our zone defense isn't as formidable as it usually is... at least with the starting lineup.

It changes in a hurry when the bench comes in, specifically Kadary Richmond. He's a nightmare at the top of the zone.

A lot of us have been clamoring for him to start over Joe Girard. The defense transforms when he's in the game so dramatically, we wonder why Boeheim doesn't start games that way.

Conspiracists suspect that it may be because Boeheim knows he can sucker a team into thinking the zone is soft, and get his opponent playing a little lazy, then wham, Richmond comes in and completely shuts things down and gets two quick steals for easy transition buckets going the other way.
Now you've done it.

Possible SD St. distraction alert - I hope the media gets on Head Coach Dutcher this week about leaving to take the Minnesota job. I think there’s a good chance he wants that job. Dutcher grew up in MN, graduated from MN and his dad was head coach there for many years.

Dutcher has like a $7.5 million contract buy out but there is a clause in his contract that his buy out is only $1 million for just the MN job.
Leaving San Diego for Minnesota?

Last few years the times have always been out by now. Wonder if its logistics related to every game being in Indy?

Has to be. Each game is also its own ticket. You don't get 2 games for 1. Reduced capacity.

Probably not an easy decisoin who gets to play in Hinkle and who is in the Colts stadium.

I'd imagine Round 2 will be TBD as well and you won't know based on where we are Friday what timeslot we'd get.

Priceline cancelled my hotel this AM. Not shocked they probably need it for players. But I'd definitely like to know when our game is so I can decide if I am going or punting on this.

Richard Pitino is still there he seems like the kind of coach who can always squirm out of a firing.

Been at Minny for a while now too.

one thing using so many arenas there will be no reason for game start delays 4-5 hrs to allow for cleaning and stuff

I'll be there this weekend. Will be able to find me sitting at Tacos el Gordo.
Had the best time at Fred’s. My son got into a dance off, then the guy hit on him, right in front of his whole family. Very brazen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom