San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM

We have only one chance to win. If JB finally comes around and plays Edwards 39 minutes at SG, benches Budrick, Kadary at PG, Joe gets huge minutes at sandwich retrieval, Bras gets 49 minutes in the first half, play man buzzer to buzzer, halftime ceremony where he formally reprimands GMac for complete failure to achieve any results, and gives a public service medal to Nate Oats. Do that, and we have a chance.

Welp. Will be in San Diego next weekend visiting friends and staying in the home of a SDSU alum. Thankfully I don't think she cares about the basketball program at all.

We have only one chance to win. If JB finally comes around and plays Edwards 39 minutes at SG, benches Budrick, Kadary at PG, Joe gets huge minutes at sandwich retrieval, Bras gets 49 minutes in the first half, play man buzzer to buzzer, halftime ceremony where he formally reprimands GMac for complete failure to achieve any results, and gives a public service medal to Nate Oats. Do that, and we have a chance.
Or he can do what he did for the first two thirds of the season when we weren’t on the bubble. I’m sorry that you don’t understand how/when this team went from a dumpster fire to a tournament team.

"GREAT match up. Shut down Buddy and we win by 20"

Quote from the SDSU board.

I will ignore the fact he was responding to someone that said it was a bad matchup for them.
What a world ... a team in California draws us and the first thing they say is “shut down Buddy Boeheim”.

who saw that coming in mid-January lol

Gonna be a really tough game. They're probably better than a 6 seed. The key to me will be taking care of the ball. Cannot turn it over, and give them easy buckets. Joe needs to be on point, but if he's shaky then it's Kadary time.

They play slow enough where we shouldn't ever be out of it. Really need a second scorer to step up. I'm thinking AG is the man for the job. Q should be able to get buckets down low as well. And Marek won't be outmatched, so that's gonna be huge. I'd bet it comes down to the last 2-3 minutes, and I like our chances, but this will be a battle for sure.

"GREAT match up. Shut down Buddy and we win by 20"

Quote from the SDSU board.

I will ignore the fact he was responding to someone that said it was a bad matchup for them.
Whats their board

Ugh that couple hours between bracket reveal and game time announcements is the most annoying first world problem ever.
Was gonna ask if we have a tip time yet.

Gonna be a really tough game. They're probably better than a 6 seed. The key to me will be taking care of the ball. Cannot turn it over, and give them easy buckets. Joe needs to be on point, but if he's shaky then it's Kadary time.

They play slow enough where we shouldn't ever be out of it. Really need a second scorer to step up. I'm thinking AG is the man for the job. Q should be able to get buckets down low as well. And Marek won't be outmatched, so that's gonna be huge. I'd bet it comes down to the last 2-3 minutes, and I like our chances, but this will be a battle for sure.

There isn't any real tape on how they played against a P5 team other than UCLA early on who they beat. Nevada got a ton of good looks against them and that game was tight for a while. Our defense will be as important as offense. Expect them to stay honest with Buddy and provide openings for others. We got bad Griffin vs UVA so perfect time to get good Griff. First team to find their rhythm on offense wins by 3 possessions or more imho.

5-8 PG? I don't know - maybe it would be a good idea to start Kadary who has a tremendous post game
Not to mention a bigger longer body to get around, I’m assuming at 5’8” he’s super quick, I can deal with Buddy’s defense if he’s shooting well, but we can’t afford to have Joe and Buddy at the top no matter what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom