Saturday Games and rooting interest | Syracusefan.com

Saturday Games and rooting interest

Cuseball

Starter
Obviously, first and foremost we must beat ND. We beat the Irish and pick up a Quad 2 win and things start looking a little better. Here's the other games where our eyes should be:

• 12PM Michigan State at Indiana: MSU is nowhere to be found on the bubble with a lame resume and a 10-9 record. The Hoosiers reside in the 10 seed range. Best to root for the Izzo's to get the road win. Besides, I still hate Indiana for 1987.
  • 1PM Uconn at Villanova: Uconn is in the last 4 out bucket and while there is no shame to losing to Nova this one would knock them back a bit. We do not want them winning (nor do we ever) as that could make them tough to move out of the bracket. Root for Nova to pound the puppies and maybe have Hurley’s head explode as a bonus.
  • 2:30PM George Mason at VCU: VCU sitting around an 11 seed in latest projections. May win A10 and get an auto bid, but a loss here would severely damage at large hopes. Go Mason!
  • 3:30PM Illinois at Minnesota: Little Ricky’s boys are somewhere in the 10/11 seed range. Losing to Illinois won’t knock them out (big wins Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa) but limits their safety zone.
  • 3:30PM Georgia at Florida: I think Florida is in good shape and probably falls in the 7/8 seed range. However, they are 10-6 and if they lose here their final three games are at Auburn, at Kentucky and Missouri. If Georgia pulls the road upset, the Gators could be in some trouble.
  • 4PM Stanford at Washington State: Stanford is in that last 4 in category. WSU is not awful (wins recently at Oregon and UCLA). Let’s go State!
  • 4PM Auburn at LSU: Whose sleazier Pearl or Wade? I vote Wade. LSU probably a 9 seed and a home loss to a .500 team would keep them in but start to make them nervous.
  • 5:30PM Seton Hall at Georgetown: Go against everything you have been taught and root for Gtown to knock off the Hall. Seton sits in the 10 seed range and has some difficult matchups to end the season. Gtown is so pitiful I think I can force myself to root for them, besides a win helps our SOS.
  • 6PM Louisville at UNC: Louisville is in the 8 seed range while UNC is either one of the last teams in or out. Probably too much to ask for a complete Ville collapse towards season end despite a really difficult schedule. Best to root for the dirty, stripper loving, COVID infested and afraid of the Cuse Birds.
  • 6PM Miss State at Ole Miss: Ole Miss appearing the in the next four out-bucket where we reside. Root for State to knock them off and eliminate them from consideration.
  • 7:30PM DePaul at St. Johns: Highly unlikely to occur, given DePaul is awful, but the johnnies have been prone to losing these type of games lately. St. Johns sits in the next 4 out-bucket along with us and a loss here would be tough to overcome. Go Blue Demons!
  • 8:30PM Colorado State at Nevada: Colorado State is in that last 4 out bucket. Nevada is not a bad team but not under at large consideration. Would be a very good result if we have Nevada knock Colorado State back a few rungs.
  • 9PM Utah at Oregon: Not likely to occur but pulling for the Utes. Oregon probably in the 9 seed range so they would survive the loss but would still like to see it.
Cuse!

Obviously, first and foremost we must beat ND. We beat the Irish and pick up a Quad 2 win and things start looking a little better. Here's the other games where our eyes should be:

• 12PM Michigan State at Indiana: MSU is nowhere to be found on the bubble with a lame resume and a 10-9 record. The Hoosiers reside in the 10 seed range. Best to root for the Izzo's to get the road win. Besides, I still hate Indiana for 1987.
  • 1PM Uconn at Villanova: Uconn is in the last 4 out bucket and while there is no shame to losing to Nova this one would knock them back a bit. We do not want them winning (nor do we ever) as that could make them tough to move out of the bracket. Root for Nova to pound the puppies and maybe have Hurley’s head explode as a bonus.
  • 2:30PM George Mason at VCU: VCU sitting around an 11 seed in latest projections. May win A10 and get an auto bid, but a loss here would severely damage at large hopes. Go Mason!
  • 3:30PM Illinois at Minnesota: Little Ricky’s boys are somewhere in the 10/11 seed range. Losing to Illinois won’t knock them out (big wins Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa) but limits their safety zone.
  • 3:30PM Georgia at Florida: I think Florida is in good shape and probably falls in the 7/8 seed range. However, they are 10-6 and if they lose here their final three games are at Auburn, at Kentucky and Missouri. If Georgia pulls the road upset, the Gators could be in some trouble.
  • 4PM Stanford at Washington State: Stanford is in that last 4 in category. WSU is not awful (wins recently at Oregon and UCLA). Let’s go State!
  • 4PM Auburn at LSU: Whose sleazier Pearl or Wade? I vote Wade. LSU probably a 9 seed and a home loss to a .500 team would keep them in but start to make them nervous.
  • 5:30PM Seton Hall at Georgetown: Go against everything you have been taught and root for Gtown to knock off the Hall. Seton sits in the 10 seed range and has some difficult matchups to end the season. Gtown is so pitiful I think I can force myself to root for them, besides a win helps our SOS.
  • 6PM Louisville at UNC: Louisville is in the 8 seed range while UNC is either one of the last teams in or out. Probably too much to ask for a complete Ville collapse towards season end despite a really difficult schedule. Best to root for the dirty, stripper loving, COVID infested and afraid of the Cuse Birds.
  • 6PM Miss State at Ole Miss: Ole Miss appearing the in the next four out-bucket where we reside. Root for State to knock them off and eliminate them from consideration.
  • 7:30PM DePaul at St. Johns: Highly unlikely to occur, given DePaul is awful, but the johnnies have been prone to losing these type of games lately. St. Johns sits in the next 4 out-bucket along with us and a loss here would be tough to overcome. Go Blue Demons!
  • 8:30PM Colorado State at Nevada: Colorado State is in that last 4 out bucket. Nevada is not a bad team but not under at large consideration. Would be a very good result if we have Nevada knock Colorado State back a few rungs.
  • 9PM Utah at Oregon: Not likely to occur but pulling for the Utes. Oregon probably in the 9 seed range so they would survive the loss but would still like to see it.
Cuse!

Very nice recap! Although I hate to having to be watching the bubble again this year

given the way the schedule has gone had we split with Pitt and beaten Rutgers we still would be on the bubble.. Just so few games to be had that would make us sit easy..

Good stuff. Could maybe merge this with the overall bubble thread.

Very nice recap! Although I hate to having to be watching the bubble again this year
I would have said the same thing earlier in the season, but now would be extremely happy to be in bubble conversations -- obviously work to do just to be in the conversation, but starting to get fun again.

Love that list of games of interest by the OP -- we are off to a very good start today!

one team to add is Col.. In now but lost 2 in a row.. OSU must win with USC/UCLA up next. 16-10 would put them right back on the bubble

Now thats called swallowing the whistle. Probably should have called 3 fouls in stanford in the last 2 possessions..

It also wont help if Ariz beats USC today. better for them to stay below .500 in the pac 12

Looks like a good day for us so far
I happened across a UB game today. They were playing Toledo at home. Thought they might be on the bubble. If they were, the bubble has burst. They lost to fall to 9-7, 7-5 in conference play. The Bulls have been slain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom