Say what you will about the opponent | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Say what you will about the opponent

The point is that Joe sees himself as an alpha.
What do you see yourself as? Is every one of your comments a smug arrogant arm chair coach remark? Because that’s all I ever see. Clogging these boards.

He just doesn’t get a lot accomplished. Brown has been way more productive.
I like the two of them together. But, Bell hit some shots. Benny covers more ground than Brown.

Yeah, because we have so many other options out there. The kid scores 30 and saved our @ss tonight and still this. There will be certainly games where you guys can go off on him. But not tonight. You would think we lost.
And there were other options to go iso with, with the game on the line. Judah is way better off the dribble. Not even close.

Richmond has some interesting pieces. Gave Charleston all they wanted as well and they beat VT and ran with UNC. Lets see how they do vs clemson in a couple weeks..
i grew up in virginia and the state championships in basketball always go through the richmond area...I realize they arent really a name-brand team...but they are not scrubs by any means, imo

this was a big win, imo

Jesse isn’t getting easy looks because he’s no longer an afterthought on the scouting report. He needs to step up. It’s not that he’s regressed, he just hasn’t been asked to do the things he’s being asked to do.

If Girard played within himself tonight we lose by double digits.

You don’t get the good without the bad.
I disagree. His shot selection grew worse and worse over the course of the game. He’s at his best when he takes smart shots, like he did for most of the first half.

And there were other options to go iso with, with the game on the line. Judah is way better off the dribble. Not even close.
Other than Judah, who? On a night by the way, that Joe has 31 this is the stuff you bring. You want Bell going 1 on 1? Or Jesse. If we could get him the ball? Or how about Benny? Nice dunk late in regulation. We don't have many options.

Brown and Copeland better get a lot of run tomorrow.
I think the pro Copeland fans are going to be disappointed. Appears he’s further out of the rotation than Taylor or Bell.

Last edited:
I’m sorry. I didn’t design the defense. Who else do you want to grab the rebound?
Richmond CRASHES the boards. Benny can’t fight all the guys going for the boards himself. Nobody can. But, he got his hands on the ball often and was in the floor more than anyone. That effort made a difference.

Jesse isn’t getting easy looks because he’s no longer an afterthought on the scouting report. He needs to step up. It’s not that he’s regressed, he just hasn’t been asked to do the things he’s being asked to do.

I think that's fair. He hasn't progressed is a better take then at least offensively. He has been sloppy on D though. He got better late tonight.

Other than Judah, who? On a night by the way, that Joe has 31 this is the stuff you bring. You want Bell going 1 on 1? Or Jesse. If we could get him the ball? Or how about Benny? Nice dunk late in regulation. We don't have many options.
I literally just said it….Judah.

Why are you asking me “other than Judah?”

Who cares? Nobody. JUDAH.

Neutral court bud. Q3 if were home. Q2 as Richmond is likely 70-100
Hey bud, Richmond would need to finish Top 100 for it to be a neutral site Q2.

A-10 had 6 teams Top 100 last year and is not considered as strong this year. They’re also 2-3 with losses to Charleston and Wichita State.

Richmond CRASHES the boards. Benny can’t fight all the guys going for the boards himself. Nobody can. But, he got his hands on the ball often and was in the floor more than anyone. That effort made a difference.

Richmond just got outrebounded by 7 vs Wichita State.

I think you pro Copeland fans are going to be disappointed. Appears he’s further out of the rotation than Taylor or Bell.
Copeland is going to be great, but his talents are a bit redundant and he is not a good enough shooter to displace anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom