Say what you will about the opponent | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Say what you will about the opponent

The best thing about this game was Bell. Double figure scorer. I never thought he would do it. That’s huge for this team. When his teammates get confidence in him, he will get more shots. Tonight was the first time he had extended minutes without looking over his shoulder.

This was a low end q2 win. It counts and we will take it. We need another one tomorrow. Doesn't do much for us except avoid an L.

Yeah and there were positives to take and grow on.

It just hurts to see Jim literally NOT COACH in the second half. It was about proving points. Zone, forward rotation, that play at the end. All about proving points. Just brutal stuff.

That’s the problem with both Girard and Williams. They both think they’re better than they are. If they would play within themselves, we would be a much better team.
I agree, and I love Benny. For most of this game he was flying around on defense and going for rebounds against a bunch of white jerseys. But, people hate him for the couple shots he takes.

This was a low end q2 win. It counts and we will take it. We need another one tomorrow. Doesn't do much for us except avoid an L.
A preseason A-10 #7 seed is not Q2. Almost assuredly Q3.

At this point, I'm taking any dubs and just enjoying them.

Let's get one more tomorrow night.

Yep me too. Not getting over excited. This is also our first game 1 early season tourney win since Battle was here right?

I don’t see Joe as an alpha. He is a scorer and the free throw shooter we want at the end of the game, but he is not a one on one scorer like Judah.
I don’t see him as one either. But he’s going to want to be the guy on this team. Judah is the best player and I think understands Joes stature, but also is going to want the big shots.

I think they will make it work most of the time, but it’ll be interesting to see who defers to who in certain situations

Benny's one jumper doesn't make up for

20 of those offensive.. albeit 5 in final sequence lol. Benny is the clear weak spot here
the stats might not be great...but I kept thinking when I was watching that beenny is finally playing like JB wants him to...and that's probably why he played so many minutes...

I agree, and I love Benny. For most of this game he was flying around on defense and going for rebounds against a bunch of white jerseys. But, people hate him for the couple shots he takes.

He wasn’t boxing out. He’s “going for rebounds” because that’s how Jim sets up his zone. With the center flying out at the shooters. If he boxed out, he would have had 10 boards

I don’t see him as one either. But he’s going to want to be the guy on this team. Judah is the best player and I think understands Joes stature, but also is going to want the big shots.

I think they will make it work most of the time, but it’ll be interesting to see who defers to who in certain situations
I think Judah’s figuring it out. The dude needs to become THE leader on this team.

Richmond has some interesting pieces. Gave Charleston all they wanted as well and they beat VT and ran with UNC. Lets see how they do vs clemson in a couple weeks..

He wasn’t boxing out. He’s “going for rebounds” because that’s how Jim sets up his zone. With the center flying out at the shooters. If he boxed out, he would have had 10 boards
Yeah, he can box out 4 guys. It’s his fault.

Yeah and there were positives to take and grow on.

It just hurts to see Jim literally NOT COACH in the second half. It was about proving points. Zone, forward rotation, that play at the end. All about proving points. Just brutal stuff.
You’re wrong. By staying with the same lineup they got defensive stops late and Bell hit some shots. You need to force guys to make plays. Now he knows they can and so do they. That’s huge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom