Say what you will about the opponent | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Say what you will about the opponent

Richmond has some interesting pieces. Gave Charleston all they wanted as well and they beat VT and ran with UNC. Lets see how they do vs clemson in a couple weeks..
Richmond lost their best 3 players from last year and are picked to finish middle of the A-10. They beat VMI, not VT, and didn’t play UNC. They’re OK. Maybe a bubble NIT team.

the word used to me was options. I love Judah. And if he took the shot, fine. But it doesn't always work out that way. And tonight, Joe, a sr., won us the game.

No beef. Just saying, I’d rather he have the iso and Joe come off the screen.

Joe does what he does. I have no beef with him whatsoever. He was amazing in first half and played some lousy D to start the second half and some bad shots in the second. But to his credit I thought he had some nice long boards and played better d. As far as shot selection. Up to the coach to reign him in the second half

Richmond lost their best 3 players from last year and are picked to finish middle of the A-10. They beat VMI, not VT, and didn’t play UNC. They’re OK. Maybe a bubble NIT team.
charleston beat VT.

you s
I literally just said it….Judah.

Why are you asking me “other than Judah?”

Who cares? Nobody. JUDAH.
You said options . That is plural. If you wanted to say I wish Judah had taken that shot, okay. But you didn't. Judah isn't options. He is another option. One of two we have. That is why

Hey bud, Richmond would need to finish Top 100 for it to be a neutral site Q2.

A-10 had 6 teams Top 100 last year and is not considered as strong this year. They’re also 2-3 with losses to Charleston and Wichita State.

They will finish top 100. They were 85 last year and have one of the best players in the A10. Wichita St, Charleston and SU won't kill their numbers. Not sure why you chose to attack my comment in the first place outside being angry after a win.

Copeland is going to be great, but his talents are a bit redundant and he is not a good enough shooter to displace anyone.
That’s fair. He can’t be worse on the glass than any of our other forwards though.

I did the original write up on Richmond from for this year lol.. it's in a thread I posted.

They will finish top 100. They were 85 last year and have one of the best players in the A10. Wichita St, Charleston and SU won't kill their numbers. Not sure why you chose to attack my comment in the first place outside being angry after a win.

The way I look at it is this: I think we're a bubble team. I'll take *any* win, especially any that isn't a home game.

No beef. Just saying, I’d rather he have the iso and Joe come off the screen.

Joe does what he does. I have no beef with him whatsoever. He was amazing in first half and played some lousy D to start the second half and some bad shots in the second. But to his credit I thought he had some nice long boards and played better d. As far as shot selection. Up to the coach to reign him in the second half
I'm just sick of the Joe bashing. Yeah, he sucks on defense. And he shoots a lot. Too much if we had a load of other options. Right now, we don't. Maybe in a month or two, we will have other options. But he won us that game tonight. I think we can get off of his neck today. Seems on this board, we can't.

I'm just sick of the Joe bashing. Yeah, he sucks on defense. And he shoots a lot. Too much if we had a load of other options. Right now, we don't. Maybe in a month or two, we will have other options. But he won us that game tonight. I think we can get off of his neck today. Seems on this board, we can't.

Agreed

They are not a great team. Neither is Colgate. I’m encouraged by our defense in the late second half and overtime. Including that last sequence where they kept getting offensive rebounds, because we were closing out with urgency and recovering. It didn’t result in a rebound, but it ate clock and gave them no open threes. If we can play defense like we did in the late second half, we could get some good wins this year.

Because I don’t believe it’s a Top 100 win. Richmond lost its best 3 players from last year. I would be surprised if they are a Top 100 team this year. Just calling it like I see it. Burton is good but other than that, they have new pieces all over the place. The fact that they took SU to OT is quite telling.

He showed more effort getting the ball back after an unfortunate shot, that kind of effort goes a long way with people

As much as Joe won us the game, he also almost lost it too.

Those 30+ foot heat-checks 10 seconds in to a possession have to stop.
It’s effectively a TO, which often leads to a break going the other way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom