Say what you will about the opponent | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Say what you will about the opponent

There is never a ’need’ to heat check.
Steph Curry would like a word….

Hahaha. I’m just kidding, don’t think I’m comparing Steph and Joe. More just saying when one is shooting like Joe the first half, I’m generally fine with a couple of tougher shots until they stop falling. Continued heat checks and bad shot selection after it was clear he was fatigued and they were no longer going in was the issue.

But still, we won’t win without him.

People want to pit Benny against Malik, not you. But, Malik doesn’t get those rebounds either. They were great at building a wall around the basket. Maybe Benny should have given up like everyone else.
How do we know brown wouldn’t have gotten those? He’s shown he’s quite adept.

Listen,I get it. I was just like you last year. I defended Benny constantly. But I’m done. I was wrong. I don’t think the kid has what it takes. It makes me sad, but there’s no time to waste here.

I'm happy for the fans that sat through that and are going tomorrow we won.

I don't have many positives though 5 straight offensive boards with a chance to close out the game?

That's a fair point, but you have to admit, they were flying around on defense and probably had 2 or 3 blocks on those 5 or 6 shots.

Steph Curry would like a word….

Hahaha. I’m just kidding, don’t think I’m comparing Steph and Joe. More just saying when one is shooting like Joe the first half, I’m generally fine with a couple of tougher shots until they stop falling. Continued heat checks and bad shot selection after it was clear he was fatigued and they were no longer going in was the issue.

But still, we won’t win without him.
Exactly right. He just needs someone to yank his leash when he gets to that point. JB did not do that tonight.

Jesse got involved late, but he has to be tougher. Colgate tossed him around too. If we play the Jonnies tomorrow night, our backcourt will have their hands full. This was a huge game for Bell, but he has to rebound a little. Our forwards were nowhere to be found on the boards.

Yes, the number of rebounds wasn't great, but I felt like they were in the right spots on defense, they played pretty well, challenged shots, dove for loose balls - real effort stuff was there tonight.

Listen,I get it. I was just like you last year. I defended Benny constantly. But I’m done. I was wrong. I don’t think the kid has what it takes. It makes me sad, but there’s no time to waste here.
Benny will get a long leash. I think the talent is there.

Listen,I get it. I was just like you last year. I defended Benny constantly. But I’m done. I was wrong. I don’t think the kid has what it takes. It makes mesas, but there’s no time to waste here.

We went from up 5 at half to OT, yet somehow 20 mins of each starting forward was necessary to win.

Ok.

I thought Taylor looked fine out there. I think they both will see more time as the season goes on unless Bell really goes off.
I’d like to see Taylor give Joe a rest from time to time. He was very active in the zone tonight, but he’s just too small to battle inside effectively.

I’d like to see Taylor give Joe a rest from time to time. He was very active in the zone tonight, but he’s just too small to battle inside effectively.
The problem for Taylor at the 2 is Torrence. He will move Judah to the 2 We just can't have both of them off the floor at the same time.

Oof. I don’t see it. Hope I’m wrong, but the sample size is too large for me to ignore.
You and I are older. We have both seen guys come around. He is fortunate that the guys behind him, ready jb, may not be ready at this point so he is going to get more time to figure it out.

The problem for Taylor at the 2 is Torrence. He will move Judah to the 2 We just can't have both of them off the floor at the same time.
I get it, but Symir has been bad this year. And I’d rather keep Judah at the 1 and build for next year.

What talent do you see? Honestly, im curious. His made shots always seem accidental, he can’t drive, and he doesn’t defend or rebound well. Yes, he’s athletic, but he’s not strong.
LOL I actually didn't say I saw talent. I think it is in there. I saw it in the Duke home game last year. I like Brown and Taylor but they haven't been put out there in tough situations yet.

LOL I actually didn't say I saw talent. I think it is in there. I saw it in the Duke home game last year. I like Brown and Taylor but they haven't been put out there in tough situations yet.
Fair Dash.

What talent do you see? Honestly, im curious. His made shots always seem accidental, he can’t drive, and he doesn’t defend or rebound well. Yes, he’s athletic, but he’s not strong.

Benny makes some smooth midrange shots, like that one crossing the lane. He gets up in the air when he tries to block shots. He has a long way to go, but the kid's effort was excellent tonight.

He was scrapping for loose balls, diving on the floor and getting feisty with guys. I have no beef with Benny missing a couple shots tonight. Four steals and four rebounds. Put 'em together and that's not bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom