Schedule Rumors | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Rumors

Im joking. I’m glad you noticed that.
I took it as your availability, what if they play storz on a Wednesday or Thursday??

NYC folk won’t give up a Saturday to see the ole school play at storz when they can drive about 2 hours more and see either Clemson or Fla St on campus.

Put the games at Giants Stadium if you want to see most NYC alumni.

I took it as your availability, what if they play storz on a Wednesday or Thursday??

NYC folk won’t give up a Saturday to see the ole school play at storz when they can drive about 2 hours more and see either Clemson or Fla St on campus.

Put the games at Giants Stadium if you want to see most NYC alumni.

I’d be okay paying UConn on a weeknight in East Hartford. It’s a 45 minute drive. But I’d prefer a Saturday.

Many of the NYC folks aren’t big time SU fans. It’s more about attending a “big-time” event. So I can understand why UConn isn’t attractive to them.

The days of games at MetLife are probably over. But I enjoyed them.

other than cuseguy whos sole reason he wants storz is so he doesnt have to drive over 45 minutes to see the Orange, the rest of you either dont get it or you really really dont get it.

there is no upside here. yes, its a guaranteed win, but so are a lot of close teams not in a region where we already have games.

play the directional michigans, akron, miami oh, even temple, play them all again before storz.

it just makes no sense.

other than cuseguy whos sole reason he wants storz is so he doesnt have to drive over 45 minutes to see the Orange, the rest of you either dont get it or you really really dont get it.

there is no upside here. yes, its a guaranteed win, but so are a lot of close teams not in a region where we already have games.

play the directional michigans, akron, miami oh, even temple, play them all again before storz.

it just makes no sense.

That’s not the only reason I’d like to play UConn now and then. It’s a regional game. We don’t play many of them, and, yes, I’d be fine playing Temple on occasion, Rutgers (we’re doing that), Army (it’s in our future), Penn State, Maryland, and some lesser FCS programs.

I just don’t get the hate for playing UConn. Indiana, Illinois, North Carolina and Virginia are among the schools on UConn’s schedule this year. Clemson has a date with UConn down the road, and now that UConn is an Indy, they’ll be playing a number of P5 programs.

The ACC schedule outside of BC, Pitt, Clemson and FSU does nothing for me. Give me the old Big East schedule any day.

it just makes no sense.

Directional Michigan had the two best offensive guys on the field. Lucky for us they got hurt.

Temple beat a team that boatraced us the the week before.

This is weird, take the win and move on.

Directional Michigan had the two best offensive guys on the field. Lucky for us they got hurt.

Temple beat a team that boatraced us the the week before.

This is weird, take the win and move on.
Teams need games in regions outside their footprint, it helps recruiting. Storz will always find games, just like v the teams listed above.

For Cuse, there is no reason to go to Hartford, none. For all walks of life, never go to Hartford, but I digress.

I’m not with the ‘it legitimizes them’ crowd, just the common sense crowd.
That’s the kind of team we should play at Yankee Stadium.

The Orange would bring 30k of the 40k there and as thanks...we could also beat them in the Dome.

Other than that...no thank you.

There's no exact science. If adding a good P5 program to the schedule is a recipe for disaster then we're probably already a disaster.

I feel like there are name-brand teams we can play that will come close to selling out the Dome, but also are very winnable. Tennessee and Nebraska are perfect examples. Playing those teams would generate a ton of excitement, but we would probably be favored against them at home.

I feel like there are name-brand teams we can play that will come close to selling out the Dome, but also are very winnable. Tennessee and Nebraska are perfect examples. Playing those teams would generate a ton of excitement, but we would probably be favored against them at home.

You wanna give them 2 for 1? Otherwise I think they will either look for another blue blood type name bigger than Syracuse. Or the easiest win possible. They can also afford to pay someone like uconn for a 1 off home game. They aren’t losing a home date to play in the Dome.

That’s why losing Wisconsin sucks we only get one name program a decade to agree to come here and we lost that one.

Teams need games in regions outside their footprint, it helps recruiting. Storz will always find games, just like v the teams listed above.

For Cuse, there is no reason to go to Hartford, none. For all walks of life, never go to Hartford, but I digress.

I’m not with the ‘it legitimizes them’ crowd, just the common sense crowd.
That’s the kind of team we should play at Yankee Stadium.

The Orange would bring 30k of the 40k there and as thanks...we could also beat them in the Dome.

Other than that...no thank you.

If the Yankees host us v UConn they might as well put in field turf and host anything they can. 30K aren't going to that on a dare.

East game, fans between NY and Boston have an easy trip to go ( and I understand you don't go east of River Ave).

You wanna give them 2 for 1? Otherwise I think they will either look for another blue blood type name bigger than Syracuse. Or the easiest win possible. They can also afford to pay someone like uconn for a 1 off home game. They aren’t losing a home date to play in the Dome.

That’s why losing Wisconsin sucks we only get one name program a decade to agree to come here and we lost that one.
We don’t need to play name programs that often in the nonconference we have Florida State and Clemson yearly on the schedule.
Mixing one in every 5-6 years is fine but playing teams like Purdue/Maryland/Rutgers/Vanderbilt are good games for us.
Then sprinkle in LSU/Penn State types once in a while.

When Kaiser said "the Orange would bring 30k" I assumed he was referring to Tennessee playing in a bowl game in Nashville.
Syracuse football fans don’t travel rep
got extinguished with our fans at the Camping World Bowl in Orlando.
We showed up nicely and it was noted.

While we wouldn’t bring 30k to East Hartford the crowd would be 50:50 for the UConn game as our fans would turn out. It would probably be 15k UConn fans 12.5k Syracuse fans and a lot of empty seats.
If we played at Yankee Stadium up the SU total to 20k.

It’s bad scheduling not just because it’s freakin UConn but even JW said we are trying to get 7 home games every year. A 1-1 does not help that effort. A 2-1 probably would. When we play a scrub, it should be a 2-1 if not a 1-0. The goal is 7 home games every single year.

Or six home games in the Dome and one in MetLife of course.

:)

A first grader would know the rules.
- John Wildhack
41DEFAD9-29A3-4809-88FF-B27E4AD315C4.gif

UConn is playing at North Carolina this year in a one off game.
This series announced is de facto 2 for 1 for UNC.
They got UConn this year and gave them the 2026/2027 games.

The meltdown on the Boneyard is going to be immense.
Indeed, they are already melting down.

I think UConn will be able to get the odd home and home with schools that really need to play on specific dates on specific years. UConn has more flexibility than any conference school so they can do that.

If they want to play specific teams at the P5 level, I think they are going to have to do home onlys or 2 for 1s. Most P5 schools just can’t afford the luxury of playing a school like UConn home and home.

It sounds like their AD is doing a good job finding schools with scheduling needs, and I think he did an excellent job getting some schools to switch games and move series out to help them out. It is always going to be a bear for them to find games in October and November, when the conference schedules kick in. They are going to see a lot of games against other independents then. Schools like Liberty and New Mexico State.

We have an opening in 2022 to play them in West Hartford. My fear is that we book that game, with follow up games in Syracuse in 2024 and 2025, and the game in 2022 is played and UConn disbands their football program or drops to the FCS level by 2024.