Schools pausing/cancelling basketball activities... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Schools pausing/cancelling basketball activities...

UAlbany pauses for second time yesterday. They were previously paused for 14 days and resumed practice on November 25.

UAlbany pauses for second time yesterday. They were previously paused for 14 days and resumed practice on November 25.
False alarm? I was told they will be back on the court today as an assistant coach had a presumed positive test. I assume he subsequently tested negative.

NC State/UConn cancelled today due to COVID issues for NC State

Regarding NC State, their last game was against Charleston South. There was an incident during the game that might have contributed to this. A player for CS vomited on an NC State player during the game. Bizarre.

I guess this is what happens when you wear the number zero.

No respect.

1607186957714.png

yeah this is getting...
might be no choice but to do a pause and then a Jan restart - push conf/ncaa tourneys back into April/May
What’s going to be the difference between now and January? They messed up from the jump by shortening the season. If anything they should have started in October so there was more time to play/makeup games.

I don’t think CBS is going to go to a pushed back tourney unless they absolutely have to. And I’m sure they are going to call those shots if the NCAA wants the paycheck.

I don’t think we’re to that point yet

What’s going to be the difference between now and January? They messed up from the jump by shortening the season. If anything they should have started in October so there was more time to play/makeup games.

I don’t think CBS is going to go to a pushed back tourney unless they absolutely have to. And I’m sure they are going to call those shots if the NCAA wants the paycheck.

I don’t think we’re to that point yet

We’ve seen before that it spikes and then flattens and drops.

Hopefully in another month spread will have at least slowed a bit(?) and vaccine distribution will be started.

Maybe January won’t be any better than December, but shouldn’t May be quite a bit better than March?

We’ve seen before that it spikes and then flattens and drops.

Hopefully in another month spread will have at least slowed a bit(?) and vaccine distribution will be started.

Maybe January won’t be any better than December, but shouldn’t May be quite a bit better than March?
I think if you follow the money (the only reason we’re doing this in a pandemic) the last option is moving from March. The trend we’ve seen with viewership in sports played out of season is bad. I think being in March is important for CBB for a number of reasons and they’re going to truck along unless there’s a disaster.

So I agree with you from a common sense standpoint but if that controlled these decisions we wouldn’t be playing basketball at all or there would be 30 bubbles across the country

The NCAA is going to have set a date -- say March 5th, and seasons will just need to end there, whether conference tourneys happened or not. Some teams might have 12 games played some might have 25. The committee's job will be tougher this year.

Then a full two week break, with full quarantine, before going into a hard bubble to complete the NCAA tournament. Only way it can be completed somewhat cleanly I would think. And it would probably not be able to accomodate 64 teams.