Scott Frost thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Scott Frost thread...

If we are batting for him, I'd bet it's with only one Power 5 school, probably Maryland.

As I said before, more qualified candidates than open jobs. Many of which we're not competing with.

There hasn't been much talk nationally about Frost outside of us and Maryland. If we come close on money I would think he come here because of relationship already started with Coyle.

There hasn't been much talk nationally about Frost outside of us and Maryland. If we come close on money I would think he come here because of relationship already started with Coyle.
That plus Maryland has the most inept athletic department in the country.

man-throwing-shoe-at-george-bush.gif
W with the good reflexes.

Don't get it but im not that bright anyway especially if u ask

I wonder if Coyle was talking to Ed O already about becoming AHC DC and RC. Most people thought it was about head coach position but wonder if it was about joining Frost.

Frost
Ed O
Acosta
White

Good start
Not one of the guys being discussed in the running for the HC job are coming to SU to take a Coordinator job. That is not happening. Why would Orgeron or any of these other guys leave a coordinator position where they are for a coordinator position at SU?

Blood Orange said:
Not one of the guys being discussed in the running for the HC job are coming to SU to take a Coordinator job. That is not happening. Why would Orgeron or any of these other guys leave a coordinator position where they are for a coordinator position at SU?

Ed O isn't a coordinator and he works for a guy that's about to be out of a job.

???? Ed O isn't a coordinator.

This. Currently D-line coach at LSU, working for a coach who is (INEXPLICABLY) about to be bought out of his contract.
aka - fired.

Perhaps but i believe alot of talk goes on without knowledge of the media

You know what I mean. He was a coordinator and a head coach in his career. The DL coach at LSU is probably paid more that the DC here. Not to mention the guy is from Louisiana. Why would he take a DC job at a lower lever ACC school unless he was unemployed and completely void of options. If we are talking about this guy for HC and he wants to be HC do you think any of these guys mentioned would "settle" for a coordinator role on a team that has won 9 games in 3 years?

You know what I mean. He was a coordinator and a head coach in his career. The DL coach at LSU is probably paid more that the DC here. Not to mention the guy is from Louisiana. Why would he take a DC job at a lower lever ACC school unless he was unemployed and completely void of options. If we are talking about this guy for HC and he wants to be HC do you think any of these guys mentioned would "settle" for a coordinator role on a team that has won 9 games in 3 years?
False he was never a coordinator
*Edit* Recruiting sure, but not Defensive

Last edited:
Where was he a DC? He has been a RC but not a DC.

phil77 said:
I wonder if Coyle was talking to Ed O already about becoming AHC DC and RC. Most people thought it was about head coach position but wonder if it was about joining Frost.

That was my exact possible situation after soocher posted about EO and Coyle talking.

Sorry, twice Assistant HC and once a HC at an SEC school. I'm sure he'd run up to SU begging to be the DC.

Sorry, twice Assistant HC and once a HC at an SEC school. I'm sure he'd run up to SU begging to be the DC.
His other option seems to be Louisiana Monroe HC, so...

Where was he a DC? He has been a RC but not a DC.
That's really weird, isn't it? He's been coaching for 30 years and was a head coach twice but never a coordinator. Is that a red flag?

I don't think he even wants to be a DC, but DL,RC and AHC I suppose is possible. I really think this is wishful thinking.
If there is a new HC at LSU he will probably want to keep Bebe anyway. He won't be out of a job.

His other option seems to be Louisiana Monroe HC, so...
So being a HC at a D1 program close to your home and family, or a DC at Syracuse, when you actually want to be a HC. I wonder what he'd pick.

So being a HC at a D1 program close to your home and family, or a DC at Syracuse, when you actually want to be a HC. I wonder what he'd pick.
If he got the DC/RC job at Syracuse for say $700 a year or the LM HC job for $1.5 per year. I would think the choice is SU and wait for a better HC job.

If he got the DC/RC job at Syracuse for say $700 a year or the LM HC job for $1.5 per year. I would think the choice is SU and wait for a better HC job.
I disagree. With Peace and Love though. Always with Peace and Love.

That was my exact possible situation after soocher posted about EO and Coyle talking.

He said they had conversations if I recall it wasn't directly related to being the head coach. Couldn't find exact post just saw one where they talked after the game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom