Scott Frost thread... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Scott Frost thread...

IF it is indeed Frost, there should be increased chatter this weekend considering Oregon plays Friday night ... My guess is by Tuesday there are some 'sources' leaking out to the usual sites

Just simple math. Jobs available minus coaches percieved value

If we are looking to hire a coordinator, where's the competition from?

The schools ahead of us are looking for current or former HC's.

You know what I mean. He was a coordinator and a head coach in his career. The DL coach at LSU is probably paid more that the DC here. Not to mention the guy is from Louisiana. Why would he take a DC job at a lower lever ACC school unless he was unemployed and completely void of options. If we are talking about this guy for HC and he wants to be HC do you think any of these guys mentioned would "settle" for a coordinator role on a team that has won 9 games in 3 years?

If his goal is to be a P5 HC again he can come here for a short turn as a AHC/DC or try to do it by being a HC at La. Monroe, they are paying the current guy $200K.

It's obviously not set in stone by any means. But absolutely every indication I've gotten is that Frost is the guy.

image.jpg

It's obviously not set in stone by any means. But absolutely every indication I've gotten is that Frost is the guy.
I hope so. I like his playing experience. I like his coaching mentors. I just have a really good vibe about Frost.

I'm a little nervous that he hasn't been a HC before... I just hope he knows how to handle key situations. Overall, I think I'd be okay with this.

JSOrange97 said:
I'm a little nervous that he hasn't been a HC before... I just hope he knows how to handle key situations. Overall, I think I'd be okay with this.

There are a few coordinators I wouldn't mind rolling the dice with. Frost happens to be 1 of them. If Coyle can some how pair HC Frost up with AHC/DC EO then I would call it a grand slam.

There are a few coordinators I wouldn't mind rolling the dice with. Frost happens to be 1 of them. If Coyle can some how pair HC Frost up with AHC/DC EO then I would call it a grand slam.
Oh, if this were the case, absolutely, I'd take it!

Frost represents a somewhat higher risk than some of the others with HC experience, but probably has a higher upside as well. Since my first priority is offense the choice of Frost is easy to support. His previous playing experience and three years as OC in the PAC 12 gives him a good foundation for game management skills as the big guy. Don't think he will panic and will play chess rather than checkers.

I bet he will demonstrate good leadership skills as most successful QBs seem to have it. The first indication of whether or not he does will be who joins his staff.

For some time going forward, QB recruits will be impressed that he coached Marcus Mariota. I don't think he will have problems in any kid's living room.

I think this is a big hire and if Coyle pulls this off I will be duly impressed. Only time will tell how successful he will be, but this could represent a sea change for the program.

Last edited:
The only thing we know for sure is that Bebe wants the SU HC job!

Or did, until the Tulane job opened up.
Not that Tulane is a "better" job than SU, except if you were a native of LA, and wanted a HC job near home.

I would imagine this dashes any hopes of a Frost (or whomever) HC, with Ed O as the AHC/DC... c'est la vie!

Or did, until the Tulane job opened up.
Not that Tulane is a "better" job than SU, except if you were a native of LA, and wanted a HC job near home.

I would imagine this dashes any hopes of a Frost (or whomever) HC, with Ed O as the AHC/DC... c'est la vie!
Very good observation.

After watching a number of interviews with Frost, he's certainly not Mr. Personality. I usually prefer a head coach with a lot of energy as the team is a reflection of the HC. But he is intense, which is good. And I still value intelligence over anything, and he seems like a fairly bright guy I think. No question he's seen first-hand how some of the best coaches in the history of the sport do it.

I still prefer Babers and Lincoln Riley over Frost but we'll see how it goes.

orangenirvana said:
After watching a number of interviews with Frost, he's certainly not Mr. Personality. I usually prefer a head coach with a lot of energy as the team is a reflection of the HC. But he is intense, which is good. And I still value intelligence over anything, and he seems like a fairly bright guy I think. No question he's seen first-hand how some of the best coaches in the history of the sport do it. I still prefer Babers and Lincoln Riley over Frost but we'll see how it goes. YouTube Video

Earlier in the thread I posted a speech that showed a dry sense of humor and humility. I think he's a bit like Shafer in that he doesn't love talking to the media.

After watching a number of interviews with Frost, he's certainly not Mr. Personality. I usually prefer a head coach with a lot of energy as the team is a reflection of the HC. But he is intense, which is good. And I still value intelligence over anything, and he seems like a fairly bright guy I think. No question he's seen first-hand how some of the best coaches in the history of the sport do it.

I still prefer Babers and Lincoln Riley over Frost but we'll see how it goes.

Love how Frost speaks in dealing with the press. With this clip and some others I have seen online. This is the type of personality you need from your head coach in interviews and when dealing with the media. Can't have your head coach go off and say there are more important things in the world like Isis and telling the media when you get your own team you call the plays you want...etc. You can't have that from your head coach especially during long losing streaks. The bland, say nothing, monotone delivery is how your head coach should act. Not everyone can act like Steve Spurrier or Bobby Bowden when dealing with the press and say funny one-liners and say whatever you want, especially if you don't have the track record to back it up. Frost appears to "know the game" and knows how to deal with the media. Say nothing, be boring, get it over with, and move on.

Love how Frost speaks in dealing with the press. With this clip and some others I have seen online. This is the type of personality you need from your head coach in interviews and when dealing with the media. Can't have your head coach go off and say there are more important things in the world like Isis and telling the media when you get your own team you call the plays you want...etc. You can't have that from your head coach especially during long losing streaks. The bland, say nothing, monotone delivery is how your head coach should act. Not everyone can act like Steve Spurrier or Bobby Bowden when dealing with the press and say funny one-liners and say whatever you want, especially if you don't have the track record to back it up. Frost appears to "know the game" and knows how to deal with the media. Say nothing, be boring, get it over with, and move on.
He is a finance major ... Smart and analytical

Haha - scroll to 4:49 of this video.

"Frankly that's a dumb question."

Might be a little thin-skinned. Or maybe he just doesn't give a poo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom