Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

Saw a 7-round mock draft recently where Tucker had slipped to the sixth round.

Hope he can effect some damage control and raise his stock a bit.

Saw a 7-round mock draft recently where Tucker had slipped to the sixth round.

Hope he can effect some damage control and raise his stock a bit.
So help me god if my phins dont draft him

Was told something popped up injury wise with Tucker at draft and that’s why he didn’t partake in some of the drills.
Looking back at this, it explains why The Athletic has him going in the 6th round.

That’s great news, I hope he’s healthy and that he can show what he needs to show at his pro day.

This whole situation has been odd. There was clearly an injury throughout the season, not sure if that’s what’s lingered. But some team’s going to get great value for it in the draft.

I feel badly for Sean, if thing’s played out a bit differently, he’s on a completely different draft trajectory. He probably could’ve helped himself by coming back as it dragged on, but the time was now for him.

Hope the Giants can pick him up later in the draft.

GL buddy!

So do NFL people have time that close to the draft to come watch this?

This whole situation really sucks for Tucker. RBs in the modern day NFL aren't typically a coveted commodity to begin with and with this mysterious health issue that's been on-going I expect him to slip pretty significantly in the draft. I do think he can have a productive NFL career, but everything has been going against him to get a big draft payday and sure-fire path to immediate playing time.

This whole situation really sucks for Tucker. RBs in the modern day NFL aren't typically a coveted commodity to begin with and with this mysterious health issue that's been on-going I expect him to slip pretty significantly in the draft. I do think he can have a productive NFL career, but everything has been going against him to get a big draft payday and sure-fire path to immediate playing time.
The Athletic has him as a sixth rounder. He went from a Day 2 player at the end of the season to Day 3.

The Athletic has him as a sixth rounder. He went from a Day 2 player at the end of the season to Day 3.
Mel Kiper said recently that his range is anywhere from 4-7 because of all these unknowns with his health. Said he wouldn’t be surprised if he got scooped early in the 4th or late in the 7th. Hopefully this workout albeit late will help boost him up some draft boards.

Hence my question on how many teams will send a rep to look at a potential day 3 pick?

Hence my question on how many teams will send a rep to look at a potential day 3 pick?
I guess it would also help to know how many other kids are out there looking to get scouted late and how many teams are looking to add RB

I think it depends on how many need an RB2 or RB3, typically teams have 7-10 full-time scouts and I'm sure the workout will be in an area where most teams are good to visit. I could see anywhere from 10-15 teams going to it.

Teams looking for a running back and a potential value pick if he does on the 3rd day. There has been enough evaluation time and time to write reports by now. Shouldn’t really be an issue for teams that have interest.

Teams looking for a running back and a potential value pick if he does on the 3rd day. There has been enough evaluation time and time to write reports by now. Shouldn’t really be an issue for teams that have interest.

Yeah, and it’s not like NFL teams don’t have the personnel or $ to send somebody to check him out, if they’ve got a need at RB.

And however many (or few) attend, Sean is gonna put on a show, because he’s a freak who was made in a lab to crush it at a combine type scenario like this.

We saw film of him recently throwing up 29 reps of 225.

And he’s got pretty elite speed too.

He just needs to do what he does, and prove that he’s healthy, and at least 1 team will realize what a steal he’d be in the 4th-5th round.

If he gets beyond the 5th, I'd be pretty stunned. That would tell me pretty clearly that there's more concern about his issues than we've heard about.

He's going to be a durable player that's productive for as long as his body allows. He's a workhorse and a workout warrior.

If the injury is significant long-term, meaning potentially career threatening, obviously it would affect that outlook.

With RB's being at the bottom of the totem pole value wise right now, he needs all the positive pub he can get from the pro-day.

Shame. This started last fall. If Sean had a 2021 type year, all the current RB draft chatter would be about Robinson, Gibbs, and Tucker, not necessarily in that order. Now it is Robinson, Gibbs and whomever.

But we all thought something mysterious happened in the Louisville game, bothered him all year, and apparently a real thing because it kept him out of the combine, and then our Pro day. Still a mystery to me what it was.
Good news is that he is still on every RB Top 10 draft list that I have seen, mostly 5-7, like this one
some draft running back list
and is now medically cleared. So he will be drafted and it is up to Sean.

On the same topic from what I have heard and seen bergeron is a very solid Round 2 tackle, with very low mock draft variation on this placement. Garrett I have seen as low as second round, but with much more volatility, natch injury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom