Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling

Seriously.

Never let the inmates run the asylum, especially in college where there is an exact expiration date on players.
Agreed - was said tongue in cheek. Appeasement is never an option.

I hate the portal
I do as well. It has created more animosity for the team than it has benefited. Everyone is saying that we will get this and that in the portal for next year. I believe it will be like the Doctor Pepper commercial. Our star player (Tucker) leaves through the portal and we get a Punter in return. It is miserable right now being a Syracuse Football fan.

Of sure, the tweet was good from Pitt’s point of view.
Did the tweet really praise Tucker, or just state the fact that he is the leading (top) rusher in the ACC? I think they were just stating the fact.

The “pleased with our performance line”was a needle at Tucker. I don’t actually know if he cares or not, but players sometimes remember or notice those things.
Stating a fact is a compliment on Twitter.

They could of said ‘pitt restored order to the top of the ACC leading rusher board. Pleased with our performance”.

Or it could’ve been much worse, I could go on.

It was fine.

Twitter is not for everyone, like Dorsey.

I see everyone has turned on tucker because of one tweet. Everyone was saying we can’t fire Babers because we will lose tucker and now it’s “he had no right to be a factor in our new OC”

Stating a fact is a compliment on Twitter.

They could of said ‘pitt restored order to the top of the ACC leading rusher board. Pleased with our performance”.

Or it could’ve been much worse, I could go on.

It was fine.

Twitter is not for everyone, like Dorsey.
A team’s official Twitter account took a shot at a specific player from the team they just beat. Not a huge shot, but still a shot.

Sure it’s just Twitter and their right to do so.
The tweet was about complimenting themselves (as you would expect) and not about complimenting Tucker.
Though I suppose being worthy of being
the object of such a tweet is a compliment in itself.

I see everyone has turned on tucker because of one tweet. Everyone was saying we can’t fire Babers because we will lose tucker and now it’s “he had no right to be a factor in our new OC”
Wait….what??

Nobody is saying that.

What they are saying, I hope…is that No player should have a say, but clearly with him here, there is still a chance for the team to be special. So if they smartly read the room, and in essence only do what they should do which is find a QB who can pass and a coordinator who can find a way for that succeed. Then just by lining up, he should be able to rush for 1700 yds.

But If we come back with no QB again, and allow D’s to put 8+ in the box, we are screwed.

And if I was him, and I saw that coming, I’d go.

A lot of people here seem to continue to like the kids when they transfer anyway, so who cares??….

Like others have stated, use it for motivation for next year. It wasn’t only Gilbert that got us in this terrible predicament, it was the entire staff including soft spoken HC Babers. I don’t understand these young athletes these days. Ego takes over the brain.

Everyone hasn't turned on him. But you don't have to say his crap doesn't stink. He is a player. Sooner or later, he won't be here Players can't run your program. Coaches must.

I guess I’m just a traditional old fuddy duddy, but this modern smack talking, from the actual official teams themselves, is tacky at best in my estimation. It does not escape me that I'm a dying breed but I find it to be abrasive nonetheless. Only thing worse than a sore loser is a bad winner.

I think the people saying you can’t fire Dino because we’ll lose Tucker were Dino fans to begin with and that was their excuse to keep Dino.

I don’t think you hire an OC coach for one player that is only going to be here one more year anyhow. But it really seems like Dino is just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks

Tucker does not run the team. Its important he feels valued and heard, but he’s not inking new coordinators. Think we all should take a breather and see how things play out.

I mean, from a TB's perspective, our playbook leaves a LOT to be desired...we all watch a lot of College Football. I have to ask do we even have these IN the playbook, like as dust-off options?

1) Draw play (QB draws, no TB)
2) TB Screen
3) Stretch (see some versions of this but they don't seem by design)
4) TB hook out of the Backfield (middle of the field!)
5) Toss sweep

I feel like what happened is we had a very basic offense that won on Pace and Stretching the Field, then switched to this more methodical offense without actually addressing the play book. Like some plays may not be possible with a fast-paced offense, fine, but we haven't been that for 2 years...but we didn't add any of the plays that traditional teams execute to get their TBs into space

He's not wrong.

AND - if the run is getting stuffed, fine - stop running it so damn predictably.

BUT - there's no reason you can't still keep your best offensive player - by far! - involved in the O,
by throwing him screen or swing passes, wheel routes, flex him out wide, hell - maybe a halfback option pass?

I am beyond glad that Sterling Ilbert is gonzo.

Here's hoping Bad Mutha Tucker shares that sentiment, and decides to return for his final season.

At some point people need to give Pitt some credit for having a good defense.

The PItt defense is ranked 5th in the country at stopping the run.

Sorry to break it to you all. Tucker isn’t the one tweeting. His father runs the account.

If I were a running back I’d want to show I can get chunk yardage even behind a porous line. There is no better opportunity than at Syracuse.

I’ve wondered about his pass blocking, seems like he gets split wide on some plays and other plays we go with just the QB in the backfield. Makes me wonder if this is a way to avoid putting him in a situation where he doesn’t have to pass block.

On the other hand he has sprung some very nice blocks sealing the edge for Shredder - I can never tell if that is intentional or not but he has done a great job on those. Better than our wide receivers most days.
I imagine the recruiters and GMs are like... He got 1500 yards at Syracuse?? Don't they use full backs as lineman?

Wow on the play calling comment. He has really changed his tone these last few weeks
GS started that. Likely became a green light for others to publicly call out a coach. It's a dangerous precedent to set but they aren't wrong and it's about a former coach now so ...

Tucker does not run the team. Its important he feels valued and heard, but he’s not inking new coordinators. Think we all should take a breather and see how things play out.

Well he might do a better job than Dino has in the past.
:rolleyes: