Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling

I think it’s BS that these HS reporters are all reaching out to players about next year when we have a big game in 5 days. They couldn’t wait till Monday?

It's the way modern society is. The portal has changed College Football into a series of 1 year contracts. Tucker probably has a better shot at more notoriety at another school than staying at SU.

I wonder if the 44 decision was him not giving the school an absolute on returning next year. If you get that number and then transfer, that would look absolutely foolish.

His answers don't give me any confidence he's staying. I hope we're not making staff decisions based on a team of 1 year contracts. These guys are pros now so i feel a bit more liberated in critiquing these dudes now b/c they are getting paid.

Tucker may ultimately play us and split.

I think it’s BS that these HS reporters are all reaching out to players about next year when we have a big game in 5 days. They couldn’t wait till Monday?

These questions were asked at the normal Tuesday player availability. Certainly seem like fair questions (though didn't really love the answer).

If they didn't want them answered, the school shouldn't have put out Tucker for media availability this week.

It's the way modern society is. The portal has changed College Football into a series of 1 year contracts. Tucker probably has a better shot at more notoriety at another school than staying at SU.

I wonder if the 44 decision was him not giving the school an absolute on returning next year. If you get that number and then transfer, that would look absolutely foolish.

His answers don't give me any confidence he's staying. I hope we're not making staff decisions based on a team of 1 year contracts. These guys are pros now so i feel a bit more liberated in critiquing these dudes now b/c they are getting paid.

Tucker may ultimately play us and split.

The portals been there and will be there next Monday. I’m talking about their timing.

These questions were asked at the normal Tuesday player availability. Certainly seem like fair questions (though didn't really love the answer).

If they didn't want them answered, the school shouldn't have put out Tucker for media availability this week.

It’s HS.

When I mentioned the possibility of the power schools poaching our stars when the immediate eligibility transfer ruling was made, the overwhelming consensus told me our guys would never leave to sit on the bench at the power schools. So we should be good.

It’s HS.

The program is under stress right now. last people i'm worrying about is overzealous media asking questions we kinda all want answered.

Let's see the team sack up and win vs Pittsburgh. This feels like BC 2004 when P was under an assault of terrible media and got the team to scratch out a crazy win against a ranked BC. Dino needs to dig deep here.

When I mentioned the possibility of the power schools poaching our stars when the immediate eligibility transfer ruling was made, the overwhelming consensus told me our guys would never leave to sit on the bench at the power schools. So we should be good.
Animated GIF

Judging how things have gone since 2018 with this program, this board probably shouldn't be used as a reference or a re-assuring measure for anything other then CousCuse being out of his mind.

Judging how things have gone since 2018 with this program, this board probably shouldn't be used as a reference or a re-assuring measure for anything other then CousCuse being out of his mind.
Agree. I totally forgot to use the sarcasm font.

Really not sure what you mean. Its journalists asking questions which is kind of their job. If SU didn't want this type of question this week, don't trot out Tucker for media availability.

I didn’t realize this is the first and only time athletes were available to the media.

you laugh at Cous, but now that they have Don Brown coaching them, U Mass is but a year or two away from that Big 10 invite

Ah yes, the wicked Syracuse media strikes again. I mean, I listen to a sports radio station who’s most popular show spent the past decade griping about the Patriots. But those guys are softies compared to the evil scribes in CNY.

I read the article to mean No Dino , No Sean, and I’m fairly competent in reading comprehension. Dino stays and Tucker still goes that’s the end for me. Time to find something else to occupy my time.

The minute this BS transfer portal rule changed I knew this would happen. Just never figured Syracuse would be the school because the recruiting is so bad.

Can you blame him? Go to a factory school, get 6 figure paycheck to hold you over until you turn pro and you can compete for meaningful bowls/championships? Or stay at Syracuse, deal with this BS and fight for a trip to the Pinstripe Bowl.
Except that six figure paycheck hasn’t really materialized for those outside of the top 5 players. Even King at a football wild Miami didn’t even clear 50K according to 247.