Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling

It’s not the fans fault how we play. But knowing that some parents and players read this site and other social media sites, the constant negativity over and over and over about how bad everything is and there’s no hope because the coach sucks, the players suck, the school doesn’t support football etc etc. How Tucker should leave, how others should leave, why would a recruit come here, etc etc etc. It absolutely would make one wonder why do I want to be here with this kind of fan support? Some of the stuff posted us also made up or something people have no clue. And it’s not about being critical, it’s about being over the top ridiculous. It’s not always what someone says but how they say it. And it gets tiring of babysitting every thread and losing good posters.

BTW, none of this has anything to do with you. I just decided to use your post for my rant. LOL.
Bees, you’re spot on about a lot of this. And I wholeheartedly respect your opinion and fandom as much as anybody on this great forum.

And those things mentioned are absolutely a variable, to some degree.

But at the end of the day, I place fault on the staff, who no matter the reason why, is not meeting expectations. I should probably step back a bit bc my frustration’s are boiling over recently. Patience is gone.

Worst part is, there’s no question in my mind I’ll be there Saturday. And just like every year, I’ll be yelling until there ain’t nothin left to yell for.

It’s not the fans fault how we play. But knowing that some parents and players read this site and other social media sites, the constant negativity over and over and over about how bad everything is and there’s no hope because the coach sucks, the players suck, the school doesn’t support football etc etc. How Tucker should leave, how others should leave, why would a recruit come here, etc etc etc. It absolutely would make one wonder why do I want to be here with this kind of fan support? Some of the stuff posted us also made up or something people have no clue. And it’s not about being critical, it’s about being over the top ridiculous. It’s not always what someone says but how they say it. And it gets tiring of babysitting every thread and losing good posters.

BTW, none of this has anything to do with you. I just decided to use your post for my rant. LOL.

Good post, I do think there is a line between wanting a better performance from the team and acting like a negative nancy over every situation with the team

Bees, you’re spot on about a lot of this. And I wholeheartedly respect your opinion and fandom as much as anybody on this great forum.

But at the end of the day, I place fault on the staff, who no matter the reason why, is not meeting expectations. I should probably step back a bit bc my frustration’s are boiling over recently. Patience is gone.

Worst part is, there’s no question in my mind I’ll be there Saturday. And just like every year, I’ll be yelling until there ain’t nothin left to yell for.

The difference between you (and most others) and the ones that I’m talking about is that you know how to be upset and pissed without be a jabroni.

Tucker has to take a look at portal opportunities. He could get to NYC if he was on the right team

You can’t let players dictate if a coach stays or goes. My guess is if a major coach came in After Dino and told him he’s the man he would stay. would be nice if weitsman would pay him for some commercials also. :)

Transferring is a risk for someone in Tucker's position. Who's to know if he'll be the feature back or featured in the way he has been here? SU is a known commodity for him. There's something to be said for that. IF he doesn't go pro, there's probably limited benefit going elsewhere. The Walker situation is not a one-to-one comparison because Clawson likes to always use multiple backs. How many carries did our back-ups get this year?

Bingo, the board being used as a scapegoat held some validity a decade ago but in today's day and age with twitter, facebook, instagram and a million other social medical areas there's plenty of SU discussion beyond the few thousands nutjobs who post here. Parents and recruits have a right to be concerned but its more with why SU has an offense that passed for slightly over 100 yards in 3 games versus what tangent CousCuse is on this week or what the few diehards left are b&tching about this week.

The difference between you (and most others) and the ones that I’m talking about is that you know how to be upset and pissed without be a jabroni.
EF50E628-B9E5-41CC-99DA-11FA7596E4F2.gif

Transferring is a risk for someone in Tucker's position. Who's to know if he'll be the feature back or featured in the way he has been here? SU is a known commodity for him. There's something to be said for that. IF he doesn't go pro, there's probably limited benefit going elsewhere. The Walker situation is not a one-to-one comparison because Clawson likes to always use multiple backs. How many carries did our back-ups get this year?
I said almost this exact thing in another thread.

Classic Syracuse inferiority syndrome. It’s like the fanbase and media cannot wait to look for the absolute worst in every situation, just to be able to say; “See? I knew this would happen”. Kinda pathetic actually.
Couldn’t agree more

I think what he's saying is that players hear and see rumors about them wanting to leave so they start to contemplate what they maybe would not have before.

No player is transferring or entering the portal because of something they read from Chip or Orangextreme or even Alsacs on syracusefan.com. SU encourages the main sport athletes (and their parents) not to read this board ( I know this for a fact) but its not because there worried JRHeeter might convince Mike Jones to transfer to Binghamton .

You can’t let players dictate if a coach stays or goes. My guess is if a major coach came in After Dino and told him he’s the man he would stay. would be nice if weitsman would pay him for some commercials also. :)
This is what happens when players are given too much power. Look at the mess that happened with the Sabres and Jack Eichel.

It’s not the fans fault how we play. But knowing that some parents and players read this site and other social media sites, the constant negativity over and over and over about how bad everything is and there’s no hope because the coach sucks, the players suck, the school doesn’t support football etc etc. How Tucker should leave, how others should leave, why would a recruit come here, etc etc etc. It absolutely would make one wonder why do I want to be here with this kind of fan support? Some of the stuff posted is also made up or something people have no clue about. And it’s not about being critical, it’s about being over the top ridiculous. It’s not always what someone says but how they say it. And it gets tiring babysitting every thread and losing good posters.

Toxic , program poison, and those that say players and parents don’t go here are absolutely incorrect.

No player is transferring or entering the portal because of something they read from Chip or Orangextreme or even Alsacs on syracusefan.com. SU encourages the main sport athletes (and their parents) not to read this board ( I know this for a fact) but its not because there worried JRHeeter might convince Mike Jones to transfer to Binghamton .

On the other hand, how many posters did Perry's Grandma drive away?

It’s cumulative, no one post but the sum of the garbage here combined with the local media cesspool king Brent Axe and the like, you can say it’s not a factor but you don’t know that.

It’s not the fans fault how we play. But knowing that some parents and players read this site and other social media sites, the constant negativity over and over and over about how bad everything is and there’s no hope because the coach sucks, the players suck, the school doesn’t support football etc etc. How Tucker should leave, how others should leave, why would a recruit come here, etc etc etc. It absolutely would make one wonder why do I want to be here with this kind of fan support? Some of the stuff posted is also made up or something people have no clue about. And it’s not about being critical, it’s about being over the top ridiculous. It’s not always what someone says but how they say it. And it gets tiring babysitting every thread and losing good posters.

I don’t buy it. Like, at all.

You know what SU fans haven’t done? Made death threats to players when we’ve lost games.

We also haven’t thrown things on the field en masse, endangering players, coaches and staff.

We also have one of the most softball media in the nation.

You can wish that SU football fans turned out better. But saying that message board negativity is a factor in our program’s status is kind of ludicrous. One needs only to spend 10 minutes perusing the boards and Twitter of any other program to see that SU fans are remarkably tame.

It’s cumulative, no one post but the sum of the garbage here combined with the local media cesspool king Brent Axe and the like, you can say it’s not a factor but you don’t know that.

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more. First off 90% of the local population couldn't pick Brent Axe out of a lineup less listen to his show. No recruit or current SU player cares one bit what Brent Axe says or thinks or even listens to him. His syracuse.com articles have some push behind them but that's it and even that's limited.

Secondly this board is known by SU and the athletes but its power is pretty much non-existent beyond some parents getting fired up when their son gets raked over the coals after a bad game. No recruit has ever de-committed or gone elsewhere because of syracusefan.com. I can't recall the article where a player cited Tomcat's never ending game recaps or Briancuse making the same point 7000 times in a game thread as the reason they decided to leave. Just saying it soudns ridiculous.

Third this board is shangra-la compared to other sites. Go check out LSU and Florida's board about a month ago and see what a real cesspool looks like. Also a good portion of this board wants Dino back next year, that should be great news to recruits and parents and I shudder to think of one other board at the P5 D1 level that would have so many people wanting him back at this point. Trust me this site plays 0% in Syacuse's success or failure on the field or in the recruiting world even with Cuselegacy and Bees as admins.

I don’t buy it. Like, at all.

You know what SU fans haven’t done? Made death threats to players when we’ve lost games.

We also haven’t thrown things on the field en masse, endangering players, coaches and staff.

We also have one of the most softball media in the nation.

You can wish that SU football fans turned out better. But saying that message board negativity is a factor in our program’s status is kind of ludicrous. One needs only to spend 10 minutes perusing the boards and Twitter of any other program to see that SU fans are remarkably tame.

"Rack em"

I think what he's saying is that players hear and see rumors about them wanting to leave so they start to contemplate what they maybe would not have before.
I rarely make an absolute statement. But I’m 100% comfortable saying that there is 0% chance that Tucker hadn’t considered entering the portal all on his own.

he can't go pro until after next year, so we definitely have that going for us.