Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling

Go Red Dragons!!
waynes world GIF

you got that right. One of our very good family friends is a frosh OT there now. Gonna probably go to some of his games anyway...
I've already got my tickets for Yankee Stadium. The only thing better than watching SUNY Cortland lose is seeing them lose on a big stage. Go Bombers!

you got that right. One of our very good family friends is a frosh OT there now. Gonna probably go to some of his games anyway...
They got some real good talent. QB, RB, line. Wish there was some Empire8 network.

When I mentioned the possibility of the power schools poaching our stars when the immediate eligibility transfer ruling was made, the overwhelming consensus told me our guys would never leave to sit on the bench at the power schools. So we should be good.

Exactly, I was saying the same thing. It made no sense it wouldn’t impact us negatively. Same with NIL

Seemed like a clear vote for Dino staying and staying if that happens. Always good to hedge and talk with family but if he wanted to hedge more, he could have easily done so, especially since he was VERY clear about the coaching staff piece.

It's the way modern society is. The portal has changed College Football into a series of 1 year contracts. Tucker probably has a better shot at more notoriety at another school than staying at SU.

I wonder if the 44 decision was him not giving the school an absolute on returning next year. If you get that number and then transfer, that would look absolutely foolish.

His answers don't give me any confidence he's staying. I hope we're not making staff decisions based on a team of 1 year contracts. These guys are pros now so i feel a bit more liberated in critiquing these dudes now b/c they are getting paid.

Tucker may ultimately play us and split.
The majority of players aren’t getting paid. And if they are it’s from selling t shirts and stuff.

Seemed like a clear vote for Dino staying and staying if that happens. Always good to hedge and talk with family but if he wanted to hedge more, he could have easily done so, especially since he was VERY clear about the coaching staff piece.
It feels like the banana in the tailpipe to me.

I take whatever these players say with a tremendous grain of salt. Schools will try and poach him. If Dino stays or goes it won't matter ultimately if another man of faith and military background backchannels interest to Tucker.

The game is the game.

Except that six figure paycheck hasn’t really materialized for those outside of the top 5 players. Even King at a football wild Miami didn’t even clear 50K according to 247.
The factory schools have paid kids years before the NIL was legalized. That just now gives these schools a cover to disguise payment to these kids. Whether it’s from a booster, name and likeness opportunities or some guy on the street giving these kids a handful of cash…..the factory schools haven been and will continue to pay these kids and there families.

And just like that I no longer want Dino to be fired. In other news, Babers was extremely confused while reading this article as he thought the team was the family.

The factory schools have paid kids years before the NIL was legalized. That just now gives these schools a cover to disguise payment to these kids. Whether it’s from a booster, name and likeness opportunities or some guy on the street giving these kids a handful of cash…..the factory schools haven been and will continue to pay these kids and there families.
And yet the deals aren’t being discussed. Boosters would be sharing those numbers around like candy if they were being handed out that simply. Sorry to burst your bubble, college players aren’t worth that much on the open market, especially not a quiet guy like Tucker.

The last job I worked at was in a union and my co workers constantly speculated as to whether we would be replaced at the next contract, even though we’ve been there since 1890. The company of course caught wind and started treating us badly. Some people just bring these things on themselves.

Last edited:
Soooo, it's the fans fault we suck? Got it.
In a way yes. Bandwagon fans jump off and don't come out unless we're winning. Hard to recruit when there is apathy and low support. Harder to win with less talented recruits.

It's also why good free agents don't want to play for loser organizations in pro sports that have bad management and poor fans

I didn't see the interview, so I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds like the Dino question was a leading question and that people are making incorrect assumptions that if Dino's gone, Tucker's gone. Before there was any mention of Dino, Tucker made it sound like he was coming back. It doesn't sound like anything is 100% either way.

It’s not the fans fault how we play. But knowing that some parents and players read this site and other social media sites, the constant negativity over and over and over about how bad everything is and there’s no hope because the coach sucks, the players suck, the school doesn’t support football etc etc. How Tucker should leave, how others should leave, why would a recruit come here, etc etc etc. It absolutely would make one wonder why do I want to be here with this kind of fan support? Some of the stuff posted is also made up or something people have no clue about. And it’s not about being critical, it’s about being over the top ridiculous. It’s not always what someone says but how they say it. And it gets tiring babysitting every thread and losing good posters.

BTW, none of this has anything to do with you. I just decided to use your post for my rant. LOL.

And yet the deals aren’t being discussed. Boosters would be sharing those numbers around like candy if they were being handed out that simply. Sorry to burst your bubble, college players aren’t worth that much on the open market, especially not a quiet guy like Tucker.
Who the hell cares about “the deals”? I am not saying that the $50k t-shirt deals these kids are now getting is going to significantly alter the college football landscape.

Boosters and others have indirectly been paying kids for years to attend there schools. Why the hell else would a 5 star player go to Ole Miss, Arkansas or Florida State?? The 10-15 factory schools pay these kids millions each year to attend the school. They have the resources and have been doing it for years. No t-shirt deal thanks to NIL is not going to significantly alter this outcome.

However, factor in this type of money with the new transfer rule and you give a factory school an opportunity to target a good player from an average P5 or non-P5 school to come in immediately and help them.