Season Ticket Sales | Syracusefan.com

Season Ticket Sales

BVille44

All Conference
If QB Kyle McCord commits to the Cuse over the weekend I hope the marketing department with SU Athletics takes full advantage of the hype surrounding the football program at this time to get the casual/bandwagon fans to put a deposit down for football season tickets.

They should promote the fact that the seating capacity is being reduced to 42,000 next season so if you want to be part of the Fran Brown era make a deposit on season tickets ASAP.

I would love to see them have a weekly update of the total number of season tickets sold to show fans it’s the hottest ticket in town.

Casual knows McCord. And they’re starting to hear buzz. I’m hearing from alums about SU football all of a sudden who haven’t cared. It all drives incremental sales.
Even if they don't know McCord, promoting that we got the starting QB for Ohio State to transfer here shouldn't be impossible to generate some excitement, even for casuals.

I think what we saw two seasons ago is that the surest way to get the casuals in the Dome is to be ranked. Soon as that happened we had back to back sellouts.

Casual knows McCord. And they’re starting to hear buzz. I’m hearing from alums about SU football all of a sudden who haven’t cared. It all drives incremental sales.

Hopefully you're right...I think most of them are in the "I might need to pay some attention to Syracuse football next year" and aren't to the "I might buy season tickets to Syracuse football next year" camp. So I'm skeptical we'll see a big attendance bump until we see some winning on the field first.

We never really got numbers of full season vs partial season sales. I would think full seasons might bump a few partials into needing to go full to keep what they have. At some point they have to do some work on getting that message out ?

Yep, hearing the same

Not to metion we have a Head Coach doing everything in his power to create buzz and excitement.

Our previous coach did everything in his power to reduce buzz and excitement because god forbid it raises expectations that he would have to live up to.

Winning definitely helps but nobody can convince me that there aren't several other ways to drive attendance, few of which we prioritzed, most of which need to be championed by the Head Coach

Last edited:
I’m legit concerned that we might get bumped off our aisle seats, good problem to have though.

Unlikely to be an issue, the casual fan will still be in wait and see mode. It's the following year's tickets that will see a major bump. I still expect a much bigger increase then what we would have seen if Dino was brought back but I don't anticipate a huge demand...yet.

If QB Kyle McCord commits to the Cuse over the weekend I hope the marketing department with SU Athletics takes full advantage of the hype surrounding the football program at this time to get the casual/bandwagon fans to put a deposit down for football season tickets.

They should promote the fact that the seating capacity is being reduced to 42,000 next season so if you want to be part of the Fran Brown era make a deposit on season tickets ASAP.

I would love to see them have a weekly update of the total number of season tickets sold to show fans it’s the hottest ticket in town.
If McCord commits, I hope the casual/bandwagon fans take action and put a deposit down on season tickets.

Upgrading a product or brand is the best form of marketing.

Unlikely to be an issue, the casual fan will still be in wait and see mode. It's the following year's tickets that will see a major bump. I still expect a much bigger increase then what we would have seen if Dino was brought back but I don't anticipate a huge demand...yet.
Ordinarily I would agree but:

Let's assume we get 90% renewal rate of STHers
Throw in the expected Student Seasons plus visitor hold back

To me I think we are starting around 32K so instead of 17K seasons to sell we are at about 10K seasons to sell.

With a decent pricing structure I think they'll get 5K easily sold in a "Normal New Coach" first year. I think the new recruits and Fran's salesmanship will bump that up. Once we get inside 3-4K of sell out then Bandwagon FOMO will kick in.

I predict we'll be sold-out by August.

Ordinarily I would agree but:

Let's assume we get 90% renewal rate of STHers
Throw in the expected Student Seasons plus visitor hold back

To me I think we are starting around 32K so instead of 17K seasons to sell we are at about 10K seasons to sell.

With a decent pricing structure I think they'll get 5K easily sold in a "Normal New Coach" first year. I think the new recruits and Fran's salesmanship will bump that up. Once we get inside 3-4K of sell out then Bandwagon FOMO will kick in.

I predict we'll be sold-out by August.

I can't recall the last time SU sold out season tickets, I highly doubt that's gonna happen without a major 10+ game winning season first.

Ok Jeremy and Mark. Help me out here. What is FOMO?

I’m sure I’ll be embarrassed once you tell me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom