Season's over, who's gonna share info from the luncheons?? | Syracusefan.com

Season's over, who's gonna share info from the luncheons??

Wow. Shocked that people aren't talking. All that inside info? Thank god we kept that a secret. Imagine if we hadn't, we could have lost 5 straight games...

Oh wait. We did lose 5 straight games. :bat:

DM has top secret recruits that are silently committed for reasons that no one understands - and they are all game changing talents. They just don't want to announce their plans publicly like the other 99% of the kids who have already verbaled somewhere. But trust him, they are really good.

Also - DM said everyone on the team will improve, he is really excited about xxxxxxx (insert several names each week), this year is on him, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I am too far away to attend but if I did, I would certainly feel better about the program as DM has no reason to blow smoke up anyone's *ss at these things by constantly telling everyone that he's excited about every player and recruit.

Plus he went to SU and bleeds orange - so I know that he will get it done. If we all close our eyes and tap our heels while repeating "there's no place like the Pinstripe Bowl, there's no place like the Pinstripe Bowl" everything will be ok.

DM has top secret recruits that are silently committed for reasons that no one understands - and they are all game changing talents. They just don't want to announce their plans publicly like the other 99% of the kids who have already verbaled somewhere. But trust him, they are really good.

I KNEW IT! I just knew it!

All praise our Lord and Savior Doug Marrone! To question is to blaspheme and to blaspheme is to be banned.

Also - DM said everyone on the team will improve, he is really excited about xxxxxxx (insert several names each week), this year is on him, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I am too far away to attend but if I did, I would certainly feel better about the program as DM has no reason to blow smoke up anyone's *ss at these things by constantly telling everyone that he's excited about every player and recruit.

Plus he went to SU and bleeds orange - so I know that he will get it done. If we all close our eyes and tap our heels while repeating "there's no place like the Pinstripe Bowl, there's no place like the Pinstripe Bowl" everything will be ok.

Wow, man. It's just football.

Your not supposed to talk about fight club. No seriously these sound really cool I am thinking about changing my work schedule so I can start going next year.

Give me a break. The lunch is open to the public. Doug is a control freak that cant help himself. I went to the second one and for the life of me i have no idea what he told us that was such a secret. Do you really think that the information he shared about recruits isnt known by other schools. This double secret bullshit is so indicative of the Dougers issues

Give me a break. The lunch is open to the public. Doug is a control freak that cant help himself. I went to the second one and for the life of me i have no idea what he told us that was such a secret. Do you really think that the information he shared about recruits isnt known by other schools. This double secret bullshit is so indicative of the Dougers issues
Yeah we know he sucks you want someone different

I am not sure what to make of some of these posts - I was being sarcastic and mocking the weekly posts of attendees who think that DM is sharing secrets with them. As well as the faction that has come up with the whole silent verbal scenario.

Yeah we know he sucks you want someone different
no he doesnt suck but he didnt do a very good job this year wouldnt you agree? My biggest problem is the fact that Doug isnt held to a standard that i believe all Syracuse fans should strive for. In addition i think that many of our problems are a direct result of Dougs coaching. He is stubborn to a fault almost arrogant which i have a big problem with. As to his lunch gatherings i have no idea why he wants to keep information which is pretty much public knowledge secret other than the fact that he is a control freak. Doug has many good qualities and i hope that he learns and changes as a result of this years melt down. Im not counting on it because of his arrogance.

Dude, you are just about ruining this board for me. No one here is going to claim to be happy with how the season turned out. The last five games were a disaster...but you don't need to go see how many threads you can post it in. I'm honestly waiting for you to start claiming Doug was porking Laurie Fine, and that it was a cause for the locker room rifts. Jesus.

Dude, you are just about ruining this board for me. No one here is going to claim to be happy with how the season turned out. The last five games were a disaster...but you don't need to go see how many threads you can post it in. I'm honestly waiting for you to start claiming Doug was porking Laurie Fine, and that it was a cause for the locker room rifts. Jesus.
Doug is married and would never Pork Laurie Fine or any other women he said so at the last luncheon but we needed to keep it secret. Come on BK chill out. Im pissed because i think that our tanking is directly related to Doug and if you are close to this program you know exactly what im talking about.

Doug is married and would never Pork Laurie Fine or any other women he said so at the last luncheon but we needed to keep it secret. Come on BK chill out. Im pissed because i think that our tanking is directly related to Doug and if you are close to this program you know exactly what im talking about.

I do, and your worries are legitimate (especially since you've established that you wouldn't fire him this year), but it's just maddening to see it posted everywhere.

I do, and your worries are legitimate (especially since you've established that you wouldn't fire him this year), but it's just maddening to see it posted everywhere.
Ok i agree i have been out of control but what im really worried about is Doug ruining the program for a long time for reasons we both are aware of. It is one thing to be religious. It is another to be a zealot. Im afraid that Dougs message has been tainted if not lost forever and that rather than looking inwards he may actually become more entrenched in his ways which in my opinion could set us back years. Im all for giving him next year but if things dont turn around off the field than we need to make a change as this isnt about a few bad players.

Ok i agree i have been out of control but what im really worried about is Doug ruining the program for a long time for reasons we both are aware of. It is one thing to be religious. It is another to be a zealot. Im afraid that Dougs message has been tainted if not lost forever and that rather than looking inwards he may actually become more entrenched in his ways which in my opinion could set us back years. Im all for giving him next year but if things dont turn around off the field than we need to make a change as this isnt about a few bad players.

If next year is like this year was, then something has to happen, but I think that a long off-season to work some things out will do everyone involved a lot of good.

can u guys clarify what part of dougs messsage is 'lost' amongst his players?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom