Seems like every call is going against us. | Syracusefan.com

Seems like every call is going against us.

Hard to play game after game like that.
The refs weren't the reason we lost. We shot terribly and rebounded terribly and ND shot extraordinarily. ND was also very well-coached and played a more cerebral game than SU. When you're behind by 18 points to a mediocre team like ND, it's your fault- not the refs' fault.

The refs weren't the reason we lost. We shot terribly and rebounded terribly and ND shot extraordinarily. ND was also very well-coached and played a more cerebral game than SU. When you're behind by 18 points to a mediocre team like ND, it's your fault- not the refs' fault.

Agreed, but we can still complain! :)

We beat Marquette and I still think they destroyed us in the second half - so it's not just in losses that I complain. :):)

Games turn on a few calls here or there though - that Scoop push-off was huge. Still not sure what the ref saw other than Scoop possibly being fouled and the Notre Dame guy falling out of bounds. I saw a lot more contact than that by Notre Dame numerous times that went uncalled. That being said, we also got away with one when we were pressing late and obliterated one of their guys on the pass inbounds.

I don't know - I think the officiating has been pretty bad in the second halves of a lot of our games of late. Not the reason we lost, we did that by playing like a bunch of individuals, and not rebounding for shite, but it didn't help either.

I expect missed calls, and in a physical game I don't envy the officials, but an elbow or a push-off in the post is a foul, and it shouldn't take a throat punch to CJ for the whistle to blow.

Oh, and Higgins is an ass.

incredibly inconsistent I thought. some blatant non calls (Cooley's 10 seconds of pirouetting like a ballerina and throwing elbows like Hulk Hogan and no call). Wasnt the reason we lost but it was not a good officiated game.

it was made obvious that we weren't getting a 50/50 call very early in that game. we still should have played better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom