Selection Sunday Show Discussion (Gripes, Rage, Biases, Happiness, whatever welcome) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday Show Discussion (Gripes, Rage, Biases, Happiness, whatever welcome)

I looooove Houston's path. UConn easily has the toughest path for a one. Creighton has a really nice path for a 3. Would not be surprised to see UNC lose to Miss St if they beat Sparty. St Mary's has a nice draw, think they can control the pace against the other 3 teams in their pod.
I’m betting Houston final 4 and champ

Why are the play-in games on the 10 seed line this year? It’s usually the 11 seeds.

Why are the play-in games on the 10 seed line this year? It’s usually the 11 seeds

With 5 bubble busters, teams like NC St, Oregon, New Mexico take up the 11 lines, and teams like UAB and Duquesne take up spots on the 12 lines. So people move up that get in.

With 5 bubble busters, teams like NC St, Oregon, New Mexico take up the 11 lines, and teams like UAB and Duquesne take up spots on the 12 lines. So people move up that get in.
This is what I assumed, but I knew you’d have the correct answer. Thanks!

I looooove Houston's path. UConn easily has the toughest path for a one. Creighton has a really nice path for a 3. Would not be surprised to see UNC lose to Miss St if they beat Sparty. St Mary's has a nice draw, think they can control the pace against the other 3 teams in their pod.
Potential Goldin vs Clingan matchup in the 2nd round is exciting!

IMG_3614.jpeg

Hahahahaba

Virginia is a weak selection. I’m not sure why they got in. They’ve been pretty putrid the past few weeks. Pitt is a better team. I would say Seton Hall and St. John’s are too.

Lmao Clemson opens at +1.5

Nice seeding

There's not much to separate the 6 seeds from the 11 seeds.

It was hard to see them, when I attempted. I just rushed through them myself - I tried to dock MWC a bit more than the matrix... and the committee said still not enough.

At best, only Pittsburgh or Clemson will be selected. Both might miss it. This is a very down year for ACC.
Were you serious thinking Clemson was going to miss it? lol

There's not much to separate the 6 seeds from the 11 seeds.

It was hard to see them, when I attempted. I just rushed through them myself - I tried to dock MWC a bit more than the matrix... and the committee said still not enough.
They said as much on cbs that they took the early season wins equal to late season. I really disagree with that mindset but pretty clearly that helped Clemson with their seed

Virginia is a weak selection. I’m not sure why they got in. They’ve been pretty putrid the past few weeks. Pitt is a better team. I would say Seton Hall and St. John’s are too.

Virginia is a surprise. I had a feeling in my bubble thread that Oklahoma would be the one that was dinged and they were. But thought it would be Seton Hall, Providence or St. John';s.

They said as much on cbs that they took the early season wins equal to late season. I really disagree with that mindset but pretty clearly that helped Clemson with their seed

Agree or disagree with the merits of that approach, they are pretty consistent in following that principle from year to year.

I had Clemson as my first 7 (#25)... at that line I started to struggle, they were all valid tourney teams but nobody really did much either to be different.

Pitt and OU F’ed around and found out with that noncon schedule.

Certainly for Oklahoma. Not sure if Pitt had enough either way -- that being said if VIrginia had enough, then you could be right about Pitt too.

Were you serious thinking Clemson was going to miss it? lol
Clemson do finish the 6th place on ACC standing. I think Pitt(4th place) is more qualified than Clemson. I think Clemson is better in the eyes of committee because it has two wins against SEC schools while other ACC seldom played SEC schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom