Selection Sunday Thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday Thread...

Fake news by a fellow despicable which tempers . At least we have the lefty dislike in common lol. Knight had played in the previous game vs Harvard before his public injury and every laymen knew that he was questionable. I do recall Desko mentioning that in one of his previews. Bullen was unfortunately excellent against us, cant imagine Knight being better that night but both of tCornell's goaltenders are very good . Cuse has to consider locking Teat if we meet again

Its not fake news. Per Desko's post game comments vs Cornell "I thought we were going to see the righty and the lefty came out"

Im not gonna spend the next week going back and forth on our difference in opinion on the job the coaching staff has done and game preparation/adjustments. Lets agree to disagree and move on.

So yale losing to Cornell made our chances for a home game significantly lower?

Possible for Cornell to host Denver?
Possible. Cornell winning makes the committee's job harder, because I assume they had OSU penciled in for South Bend for travel purposes. Even though they should face a higher seed, I could see ROMO travel to South Bend, as that is under the 400 mile threshold and wouldn't require a flight.

If Cornell hosts Denver, I could see us travel to Albany or Loyola. I'd much rather head to Baltimore. :)

So yale losing to Cornell made our chances for a home game significantly lower?

Yes it did, its probably a lock were at Cornell next Saturday unfortunately.

Cornell since they got a faceoff guy has lost once to Yale when they had the game won and the princeton game which is just a What game. If they dont loset that game last week they are top 4 seed now or close to it. they only have one loss since the first Yale game.

Cornell since they got a faceoff guy has lost once to Yale when they had the game won and the princeton game which is just a What game. If they dont loset that game last week they are top 4 seed now or close to it. they only have one loss since the first Yale game.

Varello fared fairly well against their starting first string fogo Rasimowicz , Rasimowicz has been out the last few games and their replacement Tria does not have the same winning % though he held his own today vs Mackie.
Cuse and Mellen had some problems defending Teat in the first game but seeing him and how that offense flows might have served as a learning experience . As previously mentioned, doubt goalie Knight can do a better job than his replacement Bullen did that night. He stopped us several times at the crease.

Think it will be a competitive game if we face them again. Same with Albany

We were unseeded playing at #8 Denver this morning in both bracketlogies.

Now IL has us seeded #7, while LM has us unseeded playing at #6 Albany.

Somebody is smoking something.

We were unseeded playing at #8 Denver this morning in both bracketlogies.

Now IL has us seeded #7, while LM has us unseeded playing at #6 Albany.

Somebody is smoking something.

I could see the Albany matchup but only for travel purposes or if they really dropped Alban down the seed line which seems unlikely. The NCAA needs to seed teams like they do with the bball tourney and stop with the travel consideration nonsense. The flight rule is D3 esque and embarrassing

I could see the Albany matchup but only for travel purposes or if they really dropped Alban down the seed line which seems unlikely. The NCAA needs to seed teams like they do with the bball tourney and stop with the travel consideration nonsense. The flight rule is D3 esque and embarrassing
Wouldn’t it benefit the NCAA to have a potential Cuse/Albany matchup in the second round at Hofstra oppose to the first round?

Wouldn’t it benefit the NCAA to have a potential Cuse/Albany matchup in the second round at Hofstra oppose to the first round?

I think so, but that would require the NCAA to actually think ahead for a change. You can never tell with them, some years the seedings and matchups are bizarre. Agree though that would be a dream matchup for the tourney.

When wad the last time we didn't host the sun night 730 first round game?

So it appears to be trending to a 1st round game on the road?

Doesn’t the committee also try to avoid 1st round rematches of regular season games? If so, that would mean no game vs Cornell, Albany, UVa, etc. which would mean a more likely scenario of either going to Denver or Loyola

somebody's got to look at the schedule we faced and say these guys get a cookie.
albany check.hopkins check. duke and irish check. we've already faced the best.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom