Set plays | Syracusefan.com

Set plays

No clue. Seems like we actually designed a Buddy dribble drive on one after a late timeout. That seems insane.

I think on that one clustf**k of a play late in the game we were trying to hit Eli back door, and when that failed it seemed like we decided to huddle everyone in front of JB awkwardly before scattering recklessly! I don't think the latter part of that play was by design though. At least I hope not!

no it doesn’t. Because that wasn’t the play. That shot ended up being the bail out. Dakich explained the play during the game.

I recall Dakich explaining it, but it's easier to believe Two3's theory than to say extremely poor execution each and every time it happens(in my observation, this certainly was far from the first). ;)

Regardless, if isolation ends up being the bail out, I'd rather see Hughes taking it toward the hoop than away from it.

I recall Dakich explaining it, but it's easier to believe Two3's theory than to say extremely poor execution each and every time it happens(in my observation, this certainly was far from the first). ;)

he didn’t say poor execution. You know, the other team has 5 guys out there and are going to try and stop you. Sometimes they’re successful. It’s lazy to just say “that was our set play after a timeout”.

In recent years, the success out of timeouts is underwhelming. The most obvious play we draw up is the Hughes marek back door. There was a time it seemed almost every timeout we came out and landed an efficient look, even a layup. Some of that is certainly personnel

We won. If you want to argue about bad coaching, the guy on the other bench is no slouch.

“Hermione, When Have Any Of Our Plans Ever Actually Worked? We Plan, We Get There, All Hell Breaks Loose.”

he didn’t say poor execution. You know, the other team has 5 guys out there and are going to try and stop you. Sometimes they’re successful. It’s lazy to just say “that was our set play after a timeout”.

You are correct. I suppose the question could be changed to "set plays that work".

Last edited:
You're correct. I suppose the question could be changed to "set plays that work".

Yea, that’s it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom