Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I jumped that high was when my ex wife was chasing me with shears in a dream. What’s his vertical, anyone know?

Last time I jumped that high was when my ex wife was chasing me with shears in a dream. What’s his vertical, anyone know?
giphy.gif

Anybody know a way to check in on box scores for Benny’s IMG games? Not finding much.

You're right, not many at all. Best two footed jumper I ever saw was Red Bruin. Right before he launched he would squat down and then everyone in the building would rise to their feet.

Agree. First time I saw Bruin was at the intersquad game in 1979 when he was a frosh. I was there with a friend and we went to meet up with his wife after the scrimmage. We were talking to his wife she said "Dick, here is someone I'd like you to meet." I turned around and looked into the beautiful eyes of the girl whom I would be married to for 40 years. I'll always remember that night, that scrimmage and especially what followed.

It’s going to be interesting to see how Boeheim figures out these minutes. Good problem to have that we haven’t had in a while. Benny is the real deal. Going to have Quincy, Griffin, Benny and Woody as our 4 rotation forwards at the 3 and 4 spot. All would be starting on almost any other team in America. Love this.

Not to get too far ahead either but Benny is probably here for 2 years then goes pro. So 2022 Griffin and Quincy are probably gone from graduation or going pro. Put then we have a very realistic shot of Brandon, Benny, and Woody as our forwards. With a 3 year Frank and freshman Riley holding down the center spot. We are going to have a VERY good front court for a few years here. Not to overlook this years front court either because they have been damn good, but damn the future has me excited

It’s going to be interesting to see how Boeheim figures out these minutes. Good problem to have that we haven’t had in a while. Benny is the real deal. Going to have Quincy, Griffin, Benny and Woody as our 4 rotation forwards at the 3 and 4 spot. All would be starting on almost any other team in America. Love this.

Not to get too far ahead either but Benny is probably here for 2 years then goes pro. So 2022 Griffin and Quincy are probably gone from graduation or going pro. Put then we have a very realistic shot of Brandon, Benny, and Woody as our forwards. With a 3 year Frank and freshman Riley holding down the center spot. We are going to have a VERY good front court for a few years here. Not to overlook this years front court either because they have been damn good, but damn the future has me excited
Overall good post, but center remains a big question mark, particularly if Sid does not come back. We have plenty of center spot candidates with possibilities, but so far nobody who can be counted upon. If we have a donut hole at the five spot, particularly w defense and rebounding that would be very problematic for our zone.

Overall good post, but center remains a big question mark, particularly if Sid does not come back. We have plenty of center spot candidates with possibilities, but so far nobody who can be counted upon. If we have a donut hole at the five spot, particularly w defense and rebounding that would be very problematic for our zone.
Agreed, in my opinion I think Frank has enough tools to work with. Not saying he’s ever going to be a senior year Rak, but he has similar athleticism. The roster around him will be more than capable of putting up points. Tbh any points from frank are a plus, what we really need from Frank is him to be a great tim protector and rebounder which I think he has the tools for he just needs to get a little stronger, less timid, more experience and practice. He can run well in transition and is a hell of an athlete for his size. I think he can eventually be a great defensive center and rebounder for us which is all we need. Then if we get Riley, he’s more of the AO, Rick Jackson mold, which I like and I think we are the front runners for him right now.

Agreed, in my opinion I think Frank has enough tools to work with. Not saying he’s ever going to be a senior year Rak, but he has similar athleticism. The roster around him will be more than capable of putting up points. Tbh any points from frank are a plus, what we really need from Frank is him to be a great tim protector and rebounder which I think he has the tools for he just needs to get a little stronger, less timid, more experience and practice. He can run well in transition and is a hell of an athlete for his size. I think he can eventually be a great defensive center and rebounder for us which is all we need. Then if we get Riley, he’s more of the AO, Rick Jackson mold, which I like and I think we are the front runners for him right now.
Agree frank has tools, but Jessie may be a little ahead of him right now, at least offensively. Unfortunately, I do not think either of them are ready to play at an acc level this season. Badly need sid back.

... Tbh any points from frank are a plus, what we really need from Frank is him to be a great rim protector and rebounder which I think he has the tools for he just needs to get a little stronger, less timid, more experience and practice. He can run well in transition and is a hell of an athlete for his size.
Very well said. That really is all we need out of our center. Like a Conrad McRae type. Bless his soul I'm not sure I ever saw Conrad make a jump shot or any shot outside of 5 feet. I'm also not sure how much zone we played back then either. (Despite common misperception the HOFer did NOT always play the 2/3 predominantly). But Conrad owned the lane defensively, cleaned the glass and knew how to attack the rim with aggression. I vividly remember Raftery saying Conrad was "lively". That's what we need. A player that can be the last line of defense if we try to press or that makes defenders question just how bad they want to drive to the rim when he is standing back there. I think Frank can be that guy in the limited amount I've see him. Ajak seems to have the athleticism, Jesse seems a bit less aggressive overall but more skilled offensively. There is some skill there, hopefully JB and the staff can squeeze what we need out of them this year.

But back to Benny...Very excited about Benny. Like to see he can take his guy off the dribble also.

If our four best players all happen to be athletic, long, sharpshooting forwards who can defend and rebound, JB may just go with our first four forward lineup with Richmond running point.

Quincy in the Dolezaj center position and Griffin sliding to guard.

Do you know something the rest of us might not?;)

Agree frank has tools, but Jessie may be a little ahead of him right now, at least offensively. Unfortunately, I do not think either of them are ready to play at an acc level this season. Badly need sid back.
That is a year away. A big year for development. We have three guys with some skills. I'm not worried at all.

Very well said. That really is all we need out of our center. Like a Conrad McRae type. Bless his soul I'm not sure I ever saw Conrad make a jump shot or any shot outside of 5 feet. I'm also not sure how much zone we played back then either. (Despite common misperception the HOFer did NOT always play the 2/3 predominantly). But Conrad owned the lane defensively, cleaned the glass and knew how to attack the rim with aggression. I vividly remember Raftery saying Conrad was "lively". That's what we need. A player that can be the last line of defense if we try to press or that makes defenders question just how bad they want to drive to the rim when he is standing back there. I think Frank can be that guy in the limited amount I've see him. Ajak seems to have the athleticism, Jesse seems a bit less aggressive overall but more skilled offensively. There is some skill there, hopefully JB and the staff can squeeze what we need out of them this year.

But back to Benny...Very excited about Benny. Like to see he can take his guy off the dribble also.

Ahem

McRae hit the most improbable jump shot in Syracuse history, for a last second win vs Nova.

It was Cuse’s version of Grant to Laettner vs Kentucky -
Hop threw a 3/4 court pass from the far baseline, which McNasty caught, then hit a turnaround J from 15’ as time expired FTW.

The game had actually ended on a Kerry Kittles 3.
Or so everyone thought...

But Moten called for a TO, and the officials conferred and gave Syracuse the ball to inbound with 1.5 seconds left.

And the rest is history

Ahem

McRae hit the most improbable jump shot in Syracuse history, for a last second win vs Nova.

It was Cuse’s version of Grant to Laettner vs Kentucky -
Hop threw a 3/4 court pass from the far baseline, which McNasty caught, then hit a turnaround J from 15’ as time expired FTW.

The game had actually ended on a Kerry Kittles 3.
Or so everyone thought...

But Moten called for a TO, and the officials conferred and gave Syracuse the ball to inbound with 1.5 seconds left.

And the rest is history
Yeah, Moten liked calling time outs.

My history following Syracuse basketball tells me that we won’t have all 4 of those forwards.

REALLY hope we get to see Benny and Quincy together though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom