Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great player. Great kid. Worried about JB making him play a certain way that is different than how he already plays (I.e. woody Newton). All of us fans get super excited about a player and then he becomes a shell of what he was. My only concern when it comes to Benny is that
I don't know Bulldog. Benny is exactly the type of elite talent that JB typically gives an unlimited leash. This kid is a stud and JB has historically let those guys play loose and free.

I don't know Bulldog. Benny is exactly the type of elite talent that JB typically gives an unlimited leash. This kid is a stud and JB has historically let those guys play loose and free.

Like Chris McCullough?

Like Chris McCullough?
Yeah, I hear you. McCullough did not come off the floor much his first 10 games or so and was playing great. It got kind of weird after that with JB ripping him after the poor game against Colgate. Chad Ford pegging him as a potential lottery pick fueled those flames.

"He's a lottery pick, I don't know how he could possibly struggle against Colgate," Boeheim said sarcastically. "It just doesn't make sense to me. I've got a better chance of winning the lottery and I don't buy tickets."

Yeah, I hear you. McCullough did not come off the floor much his first 10 games or so and was playing great. It got kind of weird after that with JB ripping him after the poor game against Colgate. Chad Ford pegging him as a potential lottery pick fueled those flames.

"He's a lottery pick, I don't know how he could possibly struggle against Colgate," Boeheim said sarcastically. "It just doesn't make sense to me. I've got a better chance of winning the lottery and I don't buy tickets."

these quotes piss me off so much...very naive to think it doesn't have long term effects

Great player. Great kid. Worried about JB making him play a certain way that is different than how he already plays (I.e. woody Newton). All of us fans get super excited about a player and then he becomes a shell of what he was. My only concern when it comes to Benny is that
Benny is a top 25 player and will be a focus of our offense and game plan next season. How are we making Woody play that is different from the way he used to play? (He isn’t even getting playing time right now!) specifics please. Vague insinuations are not helpful.

Benny is a top 25 player and will be a focus of our offense and game plan next season. How are we making Woody play that is different from the way he used to play? (He isn’t even getting playing time right now!) specifics please. Vague insinuations are not helpful.

Yes, this.

If anything, I was kinda shocked / psyched to see JAB give Woody some minutes at the 2.
During which he acquitted himself quite well.

No idea why he’s on a milk carton now, other than you know how Boeheim do.

Benny af SF, Kadary at PG and Buddy as 3 point sniper is a great start. Need a functional center to avoid being a "doughnut" team. No JG3 jokes please!

About Joe - with sufficient dedication to S&C...

Snacking & Chowing. :p

If Woody was playing his game like he showed in high school wouldn’t he be playing in college ? JB doesn’t let freshman have a leash unless you’re JG or Melo. This isn’t hard to figure out. Everyone gets so excited about a recruit and they get here and do nothing. Because they aren’t allowed to play their game. Trust me. I know every single thing that goes on with this team

If this kid is a good as the hype around him is. Next season we will be a top contender in the ACC. We need to add a impact transfer/grad transfer big man to the roster. Be our best roster in years.

If Woody was playing his game like he showed in high school wouldn’t he be playing in college ? JB doesn’t let freshman have a leash unless you’re JG or Melo. This isn’t hard to figure out. Everyone gets so excited about a recruit and they get here and do nothing. Because they aren’t allowed to play their game. Trust me. I know every single thing that goes on with this team
Or Guerrier, Brissett, Dolezaj, Battle, Richardson, Lydon, Kaleb Joseph, McCullough, Ennis, all of whom played more than 20 mpg as freshmen. Trust me. I looked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom