Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler Roberson only got in 20 games and averaged 8mpg as a freshman.

edit: even more depressing, we’ve only had two top 30 power forwards since Christmas signed with us, 10 years ago. Roberson and McCullough. And Roberson was 31st so can’t even technically include him.
So, I example? Kind of proves the point

Seems to be flying under the radar so far at the classic. The big names getting all the publicity so far and our guy seems to be invisible. Would love for him to tear it up in the game tomorrow.

So, I example? Kind of proves the point
Not sure how Roberson averaging 8 minutes in 20 games proves the point. But whatever, logic has seemed to disappear around here lately.

Benny sighting at the Iverson Classic. Go to the last slide to see his dunk.

Screenshot_20210508-060213_Instagram.jpg

So hey here is a thought about tonights game. If Benny has say a modest 8 pts or so vs 15-20 and doesn't have a top 10 pick forecast showing up let's not have a doom and gloom he won't play more than 15 mins k? Good talk.
I don’t think that’s the reason some people think he won’t be getting 30+ minutes. I’m not saying they are right or wrong it’s more the thought that Jimmy B and Cole will be played more by the coach

I don’t think that’s the reason some people think he won’t be getting 30+ minutes. I’m not saying they are right or wrong it’s more the thought that Jimmy B and Cole will be played more by the coach
That's not happening lol. He's miles better than Jimmy

So hey here is a thought about tonights game. If Benny has say a modest 8 pts or so vs 15-20 and doesn't have a top 10 pick forecast showing up let's not have a doom and gloom he won't play more than 15 mins k? Good talk.
I agree with this but the issue is how much is expected from him already on here by some and he hasn't played a minute of college ball. He seems to be a ghost at this event so far with all the big names and scouts there but we have people on here already thinking hes the next Melo. I hope he crushes it tonight but I think we need to pump the brakes a little.

*but if he wins MVP tonight then I'm jumping in head first with ACC freshman of the year/final four/1st team all American/etc lol :)

If the over/under is 8 points I'll take the under. These games are unorganized and usually devolve into the guards scoring a ton of points against Ds that aren't really trying. It has no bearing on how Benny will perform in an offense organized to get him good shots.

If the over/under is 8 points I'll take the under. These games are unorganized and usually devolve into the guards scoring a ton of points against Ds that aren't really trying. It has no bearing on how Benny will perform in an offense organized to get him good shots.

Exactly.

I agree with this but the issue is how much is expected from him already on here by some and he hasn't played a minute of college ball. He seems to be a ghost at this event so far with all the big names and scouts there but we have people on here already thinking hes the next Melo. I hope he crushes it tonight but I think we need to pump the brakes a little.

*but if he wins MVP tonight then I'm jumping in head first with ACC freshman of the year/final four/1st team all American/etc lol :)

There has not been a lot of stuff posted except for noting a few guys. The guys who already are on draft boards will be will pressing which you already see in a few notes published.

My whole point is that folks hang onto all star performances to push whatever narrative they are most wrapped into at the time.

There has not been a lot of stuff posted except for noting a few guys. The guys who already are on draft boards will be will pressing which you already see in a few notes published.

My whole point is that folks hang onto all star performances to push whatever narrative they are most wrapped into at the time.
All true...still would be nice for him to shine a little. (I fully understand it really doesn't matter if he does or not but selfishly I want the kid to kill it)

Really don’t want to start this argument again but I think a lot of people felt the same about Kadary and Joe, but we know how that played out
But it seems that Kadary may have been insubordinate, which surely would have impacted his status and time.

So his punishment was coming in when we were down and get us back into the game? Seems ridiculous.

that was shown to be greatly exaggerated.

that was shown to be greatly exaggerated.
The adjusted plus minus show who was on the court when we scored more than the other team did. It wasn’t Joe Girard.

The adjusted plus minus show who was on the court when we scored more than the other team did. It wasn’t Joe Girard.

This is accurate. It would be good to see it in stretches through the season though. Is there a game by game? The reason is that I would imagine the longest stretch was during the CoVid issues with Buddy and Joe. I have looked and can't find it. Bartoviik is a decent site but it's really odd to navigate through.

thats not what you said nor what I responded to. Why’d you deflect from your post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom