Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is certainly the history with top 30 forwards at SU. SMH
Tyler Roberson only got in 20 games and averaged 8mpg as a freshman.

edit: even more depressing, we’ve only had two top 30 power forwards since Christmas signed with us, 10 years ago. Roberson and McCullough. And Roberson was 31st so can’t even technically include him.

Last edited:

edit: even more depressing, we’ve only had two top 30 power forwards since Christmas signed with us, 10 years ago. Roberson and McCullough. And Roberson was 31st so can’t even technically include him.
Barring injuries, i anticipate Ben Williams playing closer to 28-30 minutes a game this season.

We could get players more minutes if we purposefully went to several overtime’s each game. Everyone gets minutes.

Didn't he get a late start? Thought his freshman year started in January for some reason, my memory isn't what it used to be.

We could get players more minutes if we purposefully went to several overtime’s each game. Everyone gets minutes.
I like where your head is at...perhaps play 5 7 footers at the same time...then once the score is even just play lights out zone defense...but dont score to gaurantee overtime...wash rinse repeeat.

Didn't he get a late start? Thought his freshman year started in January for some reason, my memory isn't what it used to be.

He did, but it was about initial clearinghouse stuff.

He didn't report during the summer session, when we usually get players in early to acclimate to campus / the program, and get a few courses under their belt. He was cleared at the 11th hour, and was here in early September [only a couple of days before final add / drop, as I recall]. So he got off to a late start, but it wasn't January.

Well if he is already now 6-9, 210. He’ll have all summer in our strength program if he gets up here June 5th. No reason to think he CANT be 6-9, 215-220 by the time the season starts. That my friends is legit size and Benny is gonna be a force next season. I know he and the coaches have talked about a 2 year plan but when he said he grew an inch and gained 20 pounds already...my first thought was “wow this kid is about to tear it up” my second thought was “well damn probably only gonna see this dude in a Cuse uniform for one year” LOL. Enjoy him while he is here cause this kid will be playing at the next level for quite awhile as his game translate well there.

Last edited:
This kid really has a good head on his shoulders. He is not over cocky and understands that he has to come in and earn his spot and his roll. Also it is great that he knows Justin Taylor and is in his own suave way is helping SU recruit him. I have become a huge BW fan. Go Orange

This kid really has a good head on his shoulders. He is not over cocky and understands that he has to come in and earn his spot and his roll. Also it is great that he knows Justin Taylor and is in his own suave way is helping SU recruit him. I have become a huge BW fan. Go Orange
You spelled BBW wrong.

These ratings come from 247. They had a couple of these players incorrectly listed as SF.

Jerami Grant #12
Tyler Roberson #10
Chris McCullough #4
Tyler Lydon #17
Matthew Moyer #10
Marek Dolejaz #17
Oshae Brissett #30
Bobby Braswell #28
Quincy Guerrier #30
Woody Newton #30
Benny Willams #7

These ratings come from 247. They had a couple of these players incorrectly listed as SF.

Jerami Grant #12
Tyler Roberson #10
Chris McCullough #4
Tyler Lydon #17
Matthew Moyer #10
Marek Dolejaz #17
Oshae Brissett #30
Bobby Braswell #28
Quincy Guerrier #30
Woody Newton #30
Benny Willams #7
Those ratings are wrong, you’re looking at # by position not overall.

Those ratings are wrong, you’re looking at # by position not overall.
You said top 30 PFs. These guys are all top 30 PFs.

We haven’t even included Bazley. Heck, a bunch of top 30 players never even make it to college ball.

A top 30 player is basically a HS AA. How many do you need Syracuse to recruit at a specific position before you think recruiting is acceptable?

This is a solid group of power forwards. A bunch of players who were drafted by and played in the NBA and had excellent college careers.

You are picking a strange position to whine about.

You said top 30 PFs. These guys are all top 30 PFs.

We haven’t even included Bazley. Heck, a bunch of top 30 players never even make it to college ball.

A top 30 player is basically a HS AA. How many do you need Syracuse to recruit at a specific position before you think recruiting is acceptable?

This is a solid group of power forwards. A bunch of players who were drafted by and played in the NBA and had excellent college careers.

You are picking a strange position to whine about.
We used to get top 30 guys every single year.

With link for streaming the game Saturday. I didn't realize the McDonald's/Jordan games were canceled this year and literally everyone thats anyone will be at the Iverson event. Great opportunity for Benny to showcase his talent. I hope he kills it!

With link for streaming the game Saturday. I didn't realize the McDonald's/Jordan games were canceled this year and literally everyone thats anyone will be at the Iverson event. Great opportunity for Benny to showcase his talent. I hope he kills it!

tweet deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.