Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for Cole because he's kept this entire thing close to the vest and had this announcement date and time set and everything and it got blown for him hours leading to it. He's a really respectful kid and it sucks this has happened to him. If he was the type of kid that played schools and stuff then it's whatever but it sucks for a kid like this.

These are the types you get burned on because the big boys come in. I thought Dean said the Killa ship sailed long ago.

It did. We have a real shot at Sweet Lou though... but it all depends on that Kentucky offer (if one comes that is).

We need a recruiting win. We need to close a contested recruitment.

Our last 4 commits include 2 transfers from schools that combined to win 14 games in 2016-17 (going up against Iona and the Pittsburgh tire-fire), a Butler University de-commit, and a kid whose only other offer was from Vanderbilt.

Now, it's entirely possible that some, maybe even all, of these kids will play a big role at SU. Maybe Washington, Hughes, Dolezaj, and Thorpe will all pan out and we get back to perennial NCAA level of play that we expect out of SU, but I can't remember a time when we were bringing in this many new kids that are expected to play a role in the coming seasons and we didn't have a good feel for them or knew much about them. I honestly don't know what to expect from any of them. Hopefully we found 4 diamonds in the rough, but typically other coaches know about the players who can really play.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Cole because he's kept this entire thing close to the vest and had this announcement date and time set and everything and it got blown for him hours leading to it. He's a really respectful kid and it sucks this has happened to him. If he was the type of kid that played schools and stuff then it's whatever but it sucks for a kid like this.

Not sure why it had to even be broadcasted with whatever that was. Weird, but congrats to Cole.

Could argue he played schools as he knew all along, but oh well. On to the next one. Enjoy Philly.

Not sure why it had to even be broadcasted with whatever that was. Weird, but congrats to Cole.

Could argue he played schools as he knew all along, but oh well. On to the next one. Enjoy Philly.

I believe that's called Periscope TV. Twitter Video.

All the kids are doing it.

"People are worried about our next recruit. Our next recruit is going to be sitting out this year at Syracuse," Boeheim said. "He's as good as anyone in the country. We have a really good head start on next year. I think we'll see how this year goes recruiting. It'll be interesting."

Direct quote from Jim Boeheim yesterday.

I believe that's called Periscope TV. Twitter Video.

All the kids are doing it.

Interesting. I stay away from social media, and not even that old. Strange way to announce, but I guess the players deserve their limelight.

"People are worried about our next recruit. Our next recruit is going to be sitting out this year at Syracuse," Boeheim said. "He's as good as anyone in the country. We have a really good head start on next year. I think we'll see how this year goes recruiting. It'll be interesting."

Hughes is going to be a beast, and JB knows it. We will be fine.

In what context did he say this? Where was it quoted from?

Where did he say that? Sounds like a bit of (excessive) hyperbole to calm the hounds, in light of another high profile miss. Curious what JB meant by the latter part - about seeing how it goes this year, being interesting...

In what context did he say this? Where was it quoted from?

Came from a Carlson article discussing the general state of the program including recruiting and expectations for next year during the bus tour.

Devo tweet just after announcement - maybe just coincidental timing and not related to Swider, maybe not...

Fabolous quote, as far as I know. Probably not a coincidence. The game is getting dirty. Yet, we have sanctions?

Is this real life?

Where's the alumni with the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online