Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are a bit too focused on recruiting high school players when the transfer market could instead provide us better options next summer depending on who is here.

I think the only thing about transfers that can be tough is if it's a senior who doesn't know the zone. They click once they hit conference play and they're gone a few months later (same with one and done freshmen). It's hard, but it's finding great players that are willing to stay for a couple of years (which can be impossible now).

I think the only thing about transfers that can be tough is if it's a senior who doesn't know the zone. They click once they hit conference play and they're gone a few months later (same with one and done freshmen). It's hard, but it's finding great players that are willing to stay for a couple of years (which can be impossible now).

Yeah I mean Lands was likely only going to be here a year himself. Same if we sign JJ or anyone else in the top 50.

Kamari is a Stud and an Elite scorer, especially at the high school level... would love to have him back on board. With that being said, if we don’t, he can and will be replaced with another 2022 prospect or through the portal.

The guy is not irreplaceable nor is he chump change, he’s ranked where he should be, a top 50 prospect at his age.

trust me on this one lol. he's not very good.
Not to be rude but I have to say this, because for you to be adamant saying that this guy basically sucks (after you could probably go back in the thread and see you saying the opposite type things), basically reveals just how much you’re in the know about things and honestly I question just how much that is .

Rodgers was not coming here.
You don’t think it was a coincidence that he stopped showing interest in Syracuse almost the same time as Lands committing. At that time, I believe he was opened to playing here.

You don’t think it was a coincidence that he stopped showing interest in Syracuse almost the same time as Lands committing. At that time, I believe he was opened to playing here.
I don’t know, it seemed like things got a bit quiet even before Kamari committed, maybe there was still a chance, but things were picking up for the hometown schools and not us.

I don’t know, it seemed like things got a bit quiet even before Kamari committed, maybe there was still a chance, but things were picking up for the hometown schools and not us.
Under the Ty Rogers thread, no other than the venerable SUTomcat posted on 1 June that in a recent interview with Ty Rogers (shortly after Lands verballed), Ty was interviewed and asked if he thought that Lands took the spot Syracuse had intended for him, his reply was Yes.

Just as an FYI, Lands verballed on 6 April, SU Tomcat post was on 01 June but referred back to the time Lands verballed.

Under the Ty Rogers thread, no other than the venerable SUTomcat posted on 1 June that in a recent interview with Ty Rogers (shortly after Lands verballed), Ty was interviewed and asked if he thought that Lands took the spot Syracuse had intended for him, his reply was Yes.

Just as an FYI, Lands verballed on 6 April, SU Tomcat post was on 01 June but referred back to the time Lands verballed.
Ok, I hadn’t seen that. I don’t deny that after we got Kamari it was all but over with Ty, they do play the same position. I’m sure he was still thinking about Cuse as an option, it just seemed MSU and MU were gaining steam over us.

Rodgers has been a Michigan lean forever. You want to argue we should have went after Barlow or someone like that sooner then I agree, but we were never getting Rodgers.

Was always staying in Mich.

I feel guilty for how i viscerally reacted to the actions of a 17 year old but to be honest decommitting has always felt slimy to me. What do you think COMMITMENT means?
Things change. Do you know anyone who got divorced? And this isn't even that. It's more like getting engaged and not getting married. On second thought, it isn't even that. It's more like monogamous dating. Signing an NLI is like getting engaged. Transferring is like getting a divorce.
Do, ever know anyone who dated someone seriously and didn't marry them?

Not to be rude but I have to say this, because for you to be adamant saying that this guy basically sucks (after you could probably go back in the thread and see you saying the opposite type things), basically reveals just how much you’re in the know about things and honestly I question just how much that is .
That's a hell of a sentence.

Things change. Do you know anyone who got divorced? And this isn't even that. It's more like getting engaged and not getting married. On second thought, it isn't even that. It's more like monogamous dating. Signing an NLI is like getting engaged. Transferring is like getting a divorce.
Do, ever know anyone who dated someone seriously and didn't marry them?
My parents are divorced

When did I say he sucks lmao. What do I have to reveal. I'm a high school kid that makes edits as a hobby and gives information to the board they wouldn't otherwise know. I do this for fun, if you don't like my opinion put me on ignore its not gonna offend me

Just because I don't think Kamari is a 5 star like a lot of you knock him up to be, doesn't mean I can't think he's in the 50-60 range. Does that make him suck? Hell no. I'd much rather have him than some of the recruits we've had in recent years like Brycen Goodine, Jalen Carey, Woody Newton, etc

Just because I don't think Kamari is a 5 star like a lot of you knock him up to be, doesn't mean I can't think he's in the 50-60 range. Does that make him suck? Hell no. I'd much rather have him than some of the recruits we've had in recent years like Brycen Goodine, Jalen Carey, Woody Newton, etc
I was just pointing out the contradiction in your words, in the other thread while he was committed, you were pretty high on him.
A top 50 prospect, is at the absolute top of their class, out of tens of thousands of others, which means they are pretty darn good, if not great at that level. So to say he’s not very good on two different occasions is just a bit brash in my opinion.
Also I have nothing against you, I’m thankful for the good work you do with the edits, but for someone who supposedly has insider info, you should be held accountable for what you say.

I was just pointing out the contradiction in your words, in the other thread while he was committed, you were pretty high on him.
A top 50 prospect, is at the absolute top of their class, out of tens of thousands of others, which means they are pretty darn good, if not great at that level. So to say he’s not very good on two different occasions is just a bit brash in my opinion.
Also I have nothing against you, I’m thankful for the good work you do with the edits, but for someone who supposedly has insider info, you should be held accountable for what you say.
I do have insider info lol. And I was high on him BEFORE Peach Jam. After Peach Jam and going back and actually looking back on it, even before he decommitted, i realized maybe he isn't all he was made out to be. Which has been the case with so many players due to covid.

I do have insider info lol. And I was high on him BEFORE Peach Jam. After Peach Jam and going back and actually looking back on it, even before he decommitted, i realized maybe he isn't all he was made out to be. Which has been the case with so many players due to covid.
The way I read it, your information comes directly from the athletes? Assuming you gain contact with the players by making the edits. Please correct me if I am wrong. And, with regard to Lands, I think he is a very talented player. He definitely seems more focused on offense. But, that is the way many young guys are. Once they get to college, they are forced to play defense, some excel and some never get it. Anyway, I think Lands is a top 50 player, potentially even better than that, and I wish he were still coming here. But, the way he committed always seemed a little funky. I hope we land JJ along with any two of Bunch, Carey and Barlow to round out a fantastic class.

The way I read it, your information comes directly from the athletes? Assuming you gain contact with the players by making the edits. Please correct me if I am wrong. And, with regard to Lands, I think he is a very talented player. He definitely seems more focused on offense. But, that is the way many young guys are. Once they get to college, they are forced to play defense, some excel and some never get it. Anyway, I think Lands is a top 50 player, potentially even better than that, and I wish he were still coming here. But, the way he committed always seemed a little funky. I hope we land JJ along with any two of Bunch, Carey and Barlow to round out a fantastic class.
I have relationships I've built with people over time through Instagram and the players themselves as well but, a lot of times I figure stuff out my own. It's easy for me to figure out a guys recruitment just based off their offers

I have relationships I've built with people over time through Instagram and the players themselves as well but, a lot of times I figure stuff out my own. It's easy for me to figure out a guys recruitment just based off their offers
Yeah, if you follow recruiting closely enough over time, you can read a recruitment. That is not to say that there aren't outliers. Anyway, keep on posting and maybe make an edit for Zelda Zonk.

Yeah, if you follow recruiting closely enough over time, you can read a recruitment. That is not to say that there aren't outliers. Anyway, keep on posting and maybe make an edit for Zelda Zonk.
I guess I figured it out. Ironic that I didn’t know that term. being that I’m a graphic designer…. I thought maybe it was a video highlight reel, with that infernal hiphop soundtrack. I can’t keep up with today’s yutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom