Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subpar on the women’s front for sure but what else? If anyone should be able to leverage NIL for SU it should be John. He’s done a good job otherwise imo
Softball coach.

If we're trying to get back to being a top 10-15 school, probably not a great business model to rely heavily on guys that spent multiple years at other schools and weren't good enough to start there. Can hope to get lucky and maybe unlock those original expectations on 1 once in a while.
but probably doesn't really matter too much what the initial rankings are if you avg 2 points and shoot 14% from 3 on a below .500 team as a soph and then move up to a tougher league.
The point was there’s plenty of opportunity left to sign good players in recruiting and the transfer portal. I prefer to be excited about what is left that moan about whats going wrong. There’s enough of that on the board these days.

This has been such an embarrassment in many ways. It’s the second time it’s happened in this cycle alone. I prefer to tell these recruits to hold off and do our due diligence before we accept a commitment from them. Their word these days doesn’t mean squat. Also, one of those stipulations before committing is to make sure they see the campus first. Lands apparently never bothered to take time out of his busy schedule to visit here. If we truly are dreams schools for these kids then we need to tell them we need to see them on campus and be firm about it. I guess the staff recognized like Dion’s case that this kid wasn’t really serious at all. Take a hike Lands!
its a generational thing...and not a positive trend. the ease of access people have to each other and to opportunities as a result of technology has made social interaction and connection (and people more generally) totally disposable - we're more connected than evr but those connections are as flimsy and meaningless as they have ever been in many cases... and for a lot of people - especially those at the top of the food chain - now any type of commitment or accountabilty is to be avoided at all costs...and nothing they say or do should be taken at face value.

If this is actually about NIL and how much money he can make at another school Im done with NCABB...still watch the tourney perhaps and the odd game here or there...but its just getting too ridiculous at this point for me to care enough to follow...and its only going to get worse from here, imo.

the only way it could ever conceivably fix itself is if people just stop watching en masse. so thats what I'll do.

The point was there’s plenty of opportunity left to sign good players in recruiting and the transfer portal. I prefer to be excited about what is left that moan about whats going wrong. There’s enough of that on the board these days.
I want to be optimistic. I am just sick of the status quo. I don’t have faith in the status quo. That is my frustration to a tee.
I feel like the current program doesn’t have a plan to be a complete team. That is frustrating. I really hope we are expecting Benny to be a one and done.
If we aren’t we are going to be thin at forward.

Losing Lands isn’t a huge deal but I don’t have faith anymore.

He wasn’t playing the top of the zone here.

But that doesn’t mean he wasn’t ‘sold’ on the idea of being a playmaking 3, like Eli was.

Or developing into a PG like G did.

All that said - I can’t help but feel, based on the timing, that Chance got in his ear with something along the lines of
“Dude - LSU is offering me X amount of $, Auburn Y amount of $ -
you’re a chump if you don’t get some too.”

This board has way too many elite college level coaches and way too few student athletes on it.

There are so many ideas to fix our problems I do wonder why the hell the staff hasn't noticed or tried any of them.

I would wager a week's worth of salary that not one major critic could walk in and make things better. Our challenges may just need a bit of luck and help from an unexpected place to get back on track to what so many expect. We need another Pearl or another Melo or a monster overperforming season etc to reignite the fire. If that comes from recruiting the portal or freshman really doesn't matter.

I wouldn’t say decided not to deal with it. I just don’t think we’re first out of the gate and have fallen behind.
BUT we offered a class to help the student athletes learn about the NIL opportunities available to them! Way ahead of the curve!

Lots of hand-wringing here. With Weitsman we have one of the best NIL advantages in the entire country. People comparing him to a car dealer in LSU is absurd. Westry is Not going to Lsu because a booster outbid Adam. Let Lands test the waters. If he doesn't choose us ITS NOT ABOUT MONEY. Times have changed we have the moneyman now.

This board has way too many elite college level coaches and way too few student athletes on it.

There are so many ideas to fix our problems I do wonder why the hell the staff hasn't noticed or tried any of them.

I would wager a week's worth of salary that not one major critic could walk in and make things better. Our challenges may just need a bit of luck and help from an unexpected place to get back on track to what so many expect. We need another Pearl or another Melo or a monster overperforming season etc to reignite the fire. If that comes from recruiting the portal or freshman really doesn't matter.
It’s not hard to identify our problems.
It has been subpar point guard play.
Our bigs have been either defensive players with little offensive ability or underdeveloped raw athletes.
We have wasted a lot of scholarships on players who either weren’t fits or not as good as we thought recruiting.

Our staff hasn’t done a good job.
We have embraced one philosophy and the talent hasn’t been good enough for that system to make us better than what we have.

I am not a college basketball coach but I can tell you it’s ridiculous how we haven’t been ranked one week from January till March since 2014.
That isn’t because of probation.
It’s because we have been stagnant.

Losing Lands doesn’t kill us. I am just sick of the status quo. I want to see us actually make some changes.

Lots of hand-wringing here. With Weitsman we have one of the best NIL advantages in the entire country. People comparing him to a car dealer in LSU is absurd. Westry is Not going to Lsu because a booster outbid Adam. Let Lands test the waters. If he doesn't choose us ITS NOT ABOUT MONEY. Times have changed we have the moneyman now.
Then why isn't it paying off?

People need to stop spending Weistman’s money for him.
If Weitsman will help and the athletic department doesn’t use him then it’s on us.
He just donated millions of dollars to companies because our alumni.won the Tbt. I think it's safe to say he's willing to spend.

He just donated millions of dollars to companies because our alumni.won the Tbt. I think it's safe to say he's willing to spend.
Charity is a tax write off.
He is doing a good thing but it’s giving money to charity over the US government.
We have no clue if he is willing to buy recruits with NIL. Nor do we want the SU AD dependent on him doing that.

Charity is a tax write off.
He is doing a good thing but it’s giving money to charity over the US government.
We have no clue if he is willing to buy recruits with NIL. Nor do we want the SU AD dependent on him doing that.
Getting Syracuse off the bubble should be a charity. I don't know the guy but I know he loves Syracuse and Jb. You'd have to think he'd be willing to help.

Getting Syracuse off the bubble should be a charity. I don't know the guy but I know he loves Syracuse and Jb. You'd have to think he'd be willing to help.
Rich people are smart with their money.

I am not going to spend Weistman’s money for him. A lot of people here expect him too when we should wait to see if he is interested in that.

People need to stop spending Weistman’s money for him.
If Weitsman will help and the athletic department doesn’t use him then it’s on us.
Again. For the 50th time. It’s not on the athletic department. It cannot be.

Weitsman follows all these guys on social media. He has the ability to reach them. It is between the student athlete and the company/vendor. That’s it.

Our bigs have been either defensive players with little offensive ability or underdeveloped raw athletes.
We have wasted a lot of scholarships on players who either weren’t fits or not as good as we thought recruiting.

We have embraced one philosophy and the talent hasn’t been good enough for that system to make us better than what we have.

I am not a college basketball coach but I can tell you it’s ridiculous how we haven’t been ranked one week from January till March since 2014.

Losing Lands doesn’t kill us. I am just sick of the status quo. I want to see us actually make some changes.

I don't want to like this, but a lot of truth there (unfortunately).

Hi, I'm Lands. Put your scrap metal in the W landfill.

Change for the sake of change seldom works.

Rich people are smart with their money.

I am not going to spend Weistman’s money for him. A lot of people here expect him too when we should wait to see if he is interested in that.
I get what you're saying, but also... if our society has billionaires, they can deal with randos on the internet talking about how they should spend their nigh impossible to understand magnitude of wealth.

Im not gonna argue it out again because let's be honest- you tend to argue from the perspective that you can't ever possibly be wrong. So we won't ever overlap. No shade just pointing out how every debate goes. We are a board full of stubborn asses and that's ok. I am as well.

I think the low hanging fruit of problems has been there for a long time and any observer can see it. When you get beyond that it's just an oversimplification because like you said- you aren't a CBB coach, nor am I.

Five years ago maybe new blood is the answer maybe not. Now there are far bigger issues- someone has to be willing to spend the money to compete. Otherwise you can rotate every coach your heart desires in and if we don't have the players to put money on the table then there will always be a better offer. The staff couldn't have done more from what we know about them in terms of being out there recruiting hard for the 22 class. We are just running into a different kind of challenge based on Kamari's NLI comments.

Im not gonna argue it out again because let's be honest- you tend to argue from the perspective that you can't ever possibly be wrong. So we won't ever overlap. No shade just pointing out how every debate goes. We are a board full of stubborn asses and that's ok. I am as well.

I think the low hanging fruit of problems has been there for a long time and any observer can see it. When you get beyond that it's just an oversimplification because like you said- you aren't a CBB coach, nor am I.

Five years ago maybe new blood is the answer maybe not. Now there are far bigger issues- someone has to be willing to spend the money to compete. Otherwise you can rotate every coach your heart desires in and if we don't have the players to put money on the table then there will always be a better offer. The staff couldn't have done more from what we know about them in terms of being out there recruiting hard for the 22 class. We are just running into a different kind of challenge based on Kamari's NLI comments.
I think folks need to wrap their heads around too that with Overtime Elite/g-league/overseas options becoming more enticing, the reality is you're going to put some effort into kids that never even come close to playing college ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom