Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think people are forgetting that while this isnt ideal, this gives the coaches a chance to pull Bunch or hopefully a transfer forward in the spring/summer. I would rather take a junior/senior transfer than have a fresh Lands. IMO

I also think people are forgetting that while this isnt ideal, this gives the coaches a chance to pull Bunch or hopefully a transfer forward in the spring/summer. I would rather take a junior/senior transfer than have a fresh Lands. IMO
And maybe just maybe it helps with JJ

I can post a lot more.
I get plenty wrong. I also don’t hide from it.
I am repetitive I get that. I don’t post in everything but when a topic comes up I don’t hesitate to say what I think.

When changes happen I will be the first to say it’s great. I am from Missouri now with the basketball program.
They have to show me change for me to believe it.

No need to post the threads - I wasn't being a dick at all - took you for your word once you disagreed.

Well there needs to be a discussion with the boosters and alumni with the deep pockets. Not trying to spend their money but if they want to.be elite there is a way to do it.

It seems logical in theory but I would perceive there are a ton of land mines there.

And maybe just maybe it helps with JJ

Yeah it makes for an interesting scenario. You could absolutely now roll with QC, JJ, JT and then a second year Benny. If you can get Bunch as a longer term guy off the bench at first and Carey.. very intriguing. Not sure if JJ and Bunch would chase off Barlow or if you could somehow snag a 6 man class. Either way - if JJ on top of Bunch is back in play...

They have many times over wealthy guys that are willing to spend. Are they all worth a billion no? But they don’t need to be.
Are those sec guys willing to spend on bball?Bball in the sec has been called a nice distraction till spring football starts.

Right now from a purely basketball perspective...consistently being a top 10 team in the CBB, much higher exposure esp during the non con (even in WCC play, Zags are still talked about throughout the season), minimum a 3 seed in the NCAA tourney guaranteed.
We were at that same level. Several times.

Ya if we can land an equal recruit or better grad transfer. If not it's just another kick in the nads.

Anyone certain about what Gonzaga offers that we can’t beat?

So it's interesting. Gonzaga is only just recently pulling in 5 star kids on the regular. Go check out their 247 numbers going back the past decade. They generally recruit guys 50-200 ranking wise but have been taking advantage of recent success then landing Suggs and Holmgren. Prior to that though their classes were below ours most every year.

For reference Class rankings

Zags 2013- 149; 2014 -45, 2015- 112, 2016- 20, 2017- 120, 2018- 69, 2019- 13, 2020- 6.

You can see the recent explosion for them recruiting wise. Also they did well in finding diamonds as well.

Kamari needs to do wants best for Kamari
Being left in the dust is never fun
But it is what it is and can’t blame him for this once in lifetime opportunity

I remain sad but get it

It's not legal though. Coaches cannot promise NIL deals as per NCAA rules. School officials cannot be involved in brokering deals through NIL.

It's back channel dealings just as it was before. Also, market value for services provided should be abided by.

All of this to say - cheating is still going to go on. Compensation will come to some - a number of our current players have NIL deals. It's just another layer.

It's not legal per NCAA policy to "recruit with NIL," like Lands is saying. Meaning if I'm the NCAA, I'm looking at his recruitment very carefully.
NCAA will be a toothless dragon moving forward their ability to enforce rules is pretty much destroyed. Players need to worry more about the IRS than the NCAA.

Pretty sure LSU BAMA and AUBURN will be
LSU already has on mens side, and went out and signed Kim Mulley away from Baylor for the women's side. They want to be a big time player.

Are those sec guys willing to spend on bball?Bball in the sec has been called a nice distraction till spring football starts.
LSU signed Kim Mulkey away from Baylor where she has won National Championships. They show they are willing to spend for both men's, and women's teams.

LSU signed Kim Mulkey away from Baylor where she has won National Championships. They show they are willing to spend for both men's, and women's teams.
The school is. Like I said before the old joke in the sec is bball is just a nice distraction until spring football. It's an afterthought down there.

LSU already has on mens side, and went out and signed Kim Mulley away from Baylor for the women's side. They want to be a big time player.
Lau has some decent history in hoops. Maybe they do. Bama and Auburn have one final four between them.

Again. For the 50th time. It’s not on the athletic department. It cannot be.
Weitsman follows all these guys on social media. He has the ability to reach them. It is between the student athlete and the company/vendor. That’s it.
You really are naive if you think this is the way colleges are going to approach this.

Without question, NIL and the new transfer policy are changing things. Yeah, it stinks about Lands, and before that Johnson and Bazley. But interestingly enough, Bunch right now is actually ranked higher than Lands by 247Sports, although not by others. I guess my point is that if SU lands (no pun intended) Bunch, Carey/Barlow and Starling (I assume Westry is off to LSU), that's still a pretty, pretty good class to sync up with QC and JT! All the best to Kamari. I can't blame him for wanting to hear NIL pitches. Frankly, I was surprised when he verbally committed this past April, if only because he had just a handful of other offers at that time.

NCAA will be a toothless dragon moving forward their ability to enforce rules is pretty much destroyed. Players need to worry more about the IRS than the NCAA.
The IRS an agency as corrupt as the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom