Class of 2018 - SF Louis King (NJ) to Oregon | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Louis King (NJ) to Oregon

If the staff still thinks they have a shot they should still push. For all we know he's just trying to get the offer. Sort of like "Syracuse is my dream school."
Ah, the dream school death sentence. We know this all too well.

This is almost weird now. JB is usually great reading when he's getting played.
Nice to have those sanctions gone but we really could have at leats one of our ass'ts somewhere else.

Nice to have those sanctions gone but we really could have at leats one of our ass'ts somewhere else.

I think Ayala (UA) is the only non-Nike guy that we are/were recruiting right now.

Sweet Lou is usually pretty active on Twitter, but he has been relatively quiet of late (since 7/11). He did, however, choose to retweet this one...

Team USA with Cal and more recently Peach Jam have both passed... and still no Kentucky offer. Let's go Orange!

Last edited:
Should King still be a priority with Bazely on board? Don't get me wrong, he seems like a great player, but aren't King and Bazely both listed as SF?

Should King still be a priority with Bazely on board? Don't get me wrong, he seems like a great player, but aren't King and Bazely both listed as SF?

I wouldn't say he's being prioritized or at least not over someone else at a position of need. Its more like we are giving it a roll of the dice because UK still hasn't offered and he does have interest in SU. Our priority is still a guard and a big. If King commits we find him a ship and if not it doesn't negatively effect the class.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say he's being prioritized or at least not over someone else at a position of need. Its more like we are giving it a roll of the dice because UK still hasn't offered and he does have interest in SU. Our priority is still a guard and a big. If we King commits we find him a ship and if not it doesn't negatively effect the class.
Yeah, he is gravy. And he and Baz can easily play alongside each other.

I wouldn't say he's being prioritized or at least not over someone else at a position of need. Its more like we are giving it a roll of the dice because UK still hasn't offered and he does have interest in SU. Our priority is still a guard and a big. If King commits we find him a ship and if not it doesn't negatively effect the class.

I can go along with this, so long as we get the elite PG we need. King definitely looks like a catch. Would landing King cause Bazely to look elsewhere? Technically it's only a verbal commitment.

I can go along with this, so long as we get the elite PG we need. King definitely looks like a catch. Would landing King cause Bazley to look elsewhere? Technically it's only a verbal commitment.

I don't think so. Bazley really likes how his game fits SU and that we put guys in the Association regularly. Bazley is also more of a 4 with 3 skills anyways while King is a straight 3.

Last edited:
Would we rather have King vs. one of the centers? Or does this mean "push" out one of the kids like Patterson / BJ Johnson? A class of Baze, Carey, Buddy, Elijah, King, Carrigan would amazing......then 19 - Jalen L, Khalif, Quincy and a few bigs, lots of kids going NBA off these squads

Would we rather have King vs. one of the centers? Or does this mean "push" out one of the kids like Patterson / BJ Johnson? A class of Baze, Carey, Buddy, Elijah, King, Carrigan would amazing...then 19 - Jalen L, Khalif, Quincy and a few bigs, lots of kids going NBA off these squads

It would likely mean Buddy wouldn't use a ship as a freshman. These things work themselves out though. Someone other than Battle and Thorpe will depart.

It would likely mean Buddy wouldn't use a ship as a freshman. These things work themselves out though. Someone other than Battle and Thorpe will depart.
Thompson?

Would we rather have King vs. one of the centers? Or does this mean "push" out one of the kids like Patterson / BJ Johnson? A class of Baze, Carey, Buddy, Elijah, King, Carrigan would amazing...then 19 - Jalen L, Khalif, Quincy and a few bigs, lots of kids going NBA off these squads
That would be an awesome scenario. Your name suits you and I hope you're right!