Class of 2018 - SF Louis King (NJ) to Oregon | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Louis King (NJ) to Oregon

No disrespect to T-Rob but I don't see this at all, other than they are left-handed. Roberts had no handle or outside shot whatsoever. And he wasn't even close to the athlete Bazley is.
He also had no hands.

Winner winner chicken dinner. The longer KU offer takes the better our chances. Cal coached him for a month, if he really wanted him he'd have offered already. That's what we are telling him for sure.

I'd like to think that works to our advantage. Of course Kentucky can swoop in last minute like they did with Quade. Fingers crossed.

No disrespect to T-Rob but I don't see this at all, other than they are left-handed. Roberts had no handle or outside shot whatsoever. And he wasn't even close to the athlete Bazley is.

Actually I see a lot of my game in Bazley. Except he's taller and quicker, shoots much better, his handle and passing is significantly stronger and my defense and rebounding don't come close. But other than that it's like looking in a mirror. You know, since he's a lefty and I'm right handed.

Bazley's game from what I've seen really reminds me of a much more polished, Terrance Roberts. Both lefty 4's but Bazley more athletic/better shot, but play similar on offense IMO.

Differences of opinion are part of what makes this process fun, especially when we are projecting players we have not seen play at this level.

Even so, to my eye, Bazley is the antithesis of Terrance Roberts when it comes to skill sets. From Day 1, I think it will be blatantly obvious that Baze is way more skilled than TRob once he suits up here.

Differences of opinion are part of what makes this process fun, especially when we are projecting players we have not seen play at this level.

Even so, to my eye, Bazley is the antithesis of Terrance Roberts when it comes to skill sets. From Day 1, I think it will be blatantly obvious that Baze is way more skilled than TRob once he suits up here.
This reminds me of the Larry the Cable Guys comment about his girlfriend, " she looks like Cindy Crawford, only completely different." She had a mole, Bazley and TR are left handed. Not even similar players.

Would the staff really have Bazley, Moyer, Brissett, Dolezaj, and King on one roster? I probably missed it, must be the staff thinks they have a one-and-done in Brissett or even Dolezaj?

Would the staff really have Bazley, Moyer, Brissett, Dolezaj, and King on one roster? I probably missed it, must be the staff thinks they have a one-and-done in Brissett or even Dolezaj?
Look at it this way, they were going to take Swider. If he had chose the Cuse, do you think the staff would have taken Bazley? And King is rated higher than Swider.

Look at it this way, they were going to take Swider. If he had chose the Cuse, do you think the staff would have taken Bazley? And King is rated higher than Swider.

I would take either player, but I wouldn't be surprised if Swider ends up haveing a better career than King.

More like I got way too excited in August 2017 for a crop of players in October 2018. What a group it would be!

If your question is would the staff take a great talent like King? Yes. They would.
Oh hell yes. That would be the forward version of the depth "problem" we used to have up top with Dion, MCW, Scoop/Trish, etc... Bring him in and worry about the 2/3/4 stuff later.

I don't know how accurate catspause.com is, but according to that website UK offered the following guys in 2016 that ended up elsewhere:

Dennis Smith, Jr.
Josh Langford
Rawle Alkins
TYUS BATTLE
Jason Tatum
Jonathan Isaac
Miles Bridges
VJ King
Harry Giles
Thon Maker
Jarret Allen
MJ Cage
Marques Bolden
Omari Spellman
Udoka Azubuike
Markelle Fultz
Kobi Simmons
not all of these are actual offers, though. My understanding is that coaches are not allowed to discuss recruits, so all the reports of offers that the recruiting sites mention are all coming from the kids themselves. I have read elsewhere that a lot of time, kids report offers that they haven't actually received

When I watch Anthony Davis I see a lot of Billy Celuck in his game.

Also public service: UK is Kentucky. KU is Kansas.

When I watch Anthony Davis I see a lot of Billy Celuck in his game.

Also public service: UK is Kentucky. KU is Kansas.
Right you are. KU is Kansas, even though the official name of the school is University of Kansas. I wonder how that happened.

Judging by the past decade for us, Brissett and Dolezaj probably both declare after this year lol (or Dolezaj plays professionally in Europe)

But I agree with dasher - absolutely you take King if he wants to come. No one should be scared of competition.

That would be a murderer's row of forwards. Our depth would be out of control. However, I get a sense from several posters on here and from listening to Francis's pod that JB thinks one of our freshman forwards could be gone by 2018-19...I suspect he was referring to Brissett. Or maybe JB is just blowing smoke. Also, King may wait til spring to decide, and by then we'll have a much better sense of who will be back.