Class of 2018 - SF Louis King (NJ) to Oregon | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Louis King (NJ) to Oregon

Better to find this out now and move on,
than make the Final 3 (or whatever) and miss the cut then.

Shockingly, he didn't want to go play at a school that already has like 47 guys who play the same, or similar position. :p

A little disappointment but understand that he is disappointed too. He wanted an offer from Kentucky and at one time talked about a package deal with Cameron Reddish to make that happen. Reddish committed to Duke, so that dream went haywire.

Wish him luck in wherever he lands. Believes that he needs at least 2 years in college to hone his skills. However, would not be surprised if he is one and done if he was a fair to good first year.

Not surprised after listening to Dean Francis latest Pod.
I listened to Dean's pod, and I still don't understand the deal with King and our recruitment of him. Dean said his mom seemed to be focusing on Oregon. SU Dreaming intimated a few weeks back that we're no longer involved, and I got the sense that was maybe our staff's decision to back off. Is it a chemistry issue? Do you think the staff wants Baz to play mainly SF and they see Brissett/Moyer/Dolezaj at PF and so there's no real room for King? And adding him would mess with chemistry since we'll already have 4 forwards on the roster? It would be great to have King on board as well--and I think we'd be a top 3 contender if we wanted him--but I also don't want to upset the Baz apple cart, since we probably sold him on playing 30-40 minutes a game here. I trust the staff, but what happens if Brissett turns pro and Marek goes back to Europe to play pro ball there? Then we only have two forwards on the roster.

I listened to Dean's pod, and I still don't understand the deal with King and our recruitment of him. Dean said his mom seemed to be focusing on Oregon. SU Dreaming intimated a few weeks back that we're no longer involved, and I got the sense that was maybe our staff's decision to back off. Is it a chemistry issue? Do you think the staff wants Baz to play mainly SF and they see Brissett/Moyer/Dolezaj at PF and so there's no real room for King? And adding him would mess with chemistry since we'll already have 4 forwards on the roster? It would be great to have King on board as well--and I think we'd be a top 3 contender if we wanted him--but I also don't want to upset the Baz apple cart, since we probably sold him on playing 30-40 minutes a game here. I trust the staff, but what happens if Brissett turns pro and Marek goes back to Europe to play pro ball there? Then we only have two forwards on the roster.
It sounded like to me that King and TT' moms are related in some kind of aspect.

I think, from a team chemistry standpoint, that it is probably best this way.

A little disappointment but understand that he is disappointed too. He wanted an offer from Kentucky and at one time talked about a package deal with Cameron Reddish to make that happen. Reddish committed to Duke, so that dream went haywire.

Wish him luck in wherever he lands. Believes that he needs at least 2 years in college to hone his skills. However, would not be surprised if he is one and done if he was a fair to good first year.

Imagine King's dismay when his package deal got lost in the mail and ended up at Duke.

The fact that Oregon can go 3000 miles away and get a blue chip prospect shows what going to a Final Four and being funded by Nike can do.

The fact that Oregon can go 3000 miles away and get a blue chip prospect shows what going to a Final Four and being funded by Nike can do.
I think Nike is the bigger factor.

Not surprising. At least he's going out west. He is a good fit for their offense.