Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't change anything. If JB pays for him or if he does get tuition free, Buddy won't be counting against our ship limit. Down the road, if Buddy is good, we could have one more good player than ships. Take that NCAA

I agree, though the comments in Francis' most recent podcast make me a little more concerned about the situation.

For those that haven't listened, he mentioned that JB is backing off recruiting 2Gs for 2018, in part, because he already has Hughes and Buddy (s0rry if I'm oversimplifying, but I think this was the gist of it).

I don't necessarily disagree with this, I'm inclined to trust JB on these types of personnel issues. That said, I think it's fair to judge Buddy's recruitment a little differently depending on whether he's:

1) A non-scholarship player that doesn't impact our recruiting, or
2) A guy who is going to influence JB's recruiting strategy for his position.

In the first case, he's a free option with only upside. In the second, his involvment with the team has a cost (though, I acknowledge, probably fairly small). As a fan of the team, I'm psyched about Buddy being part of the team, especially with his overall EYBL performance. That said, I don't think it's unfair to view him a little differently if his recruitment/involvement with the team means we're passing on other potential recruits.

Couple pages back. But yeah, good news.

I missed about an entire page about him visiting. I was like: is it possible this was missed around here? I should've known better.

Actually I reported it like 5 days ago haha :) sorry just liked how this was worded and wanted to toot my own horn quick! :)

Actually I reported it like 5 days ago haha :) sorry just liked how this was worded and wanted to toot my own horn quick! :)
Sorry about that, but this thread got off topic real quickly yesterday and I only went back a few pages or so to see if had been posted.

Sorry about that, but this thread got off topic real quickly yesterday and I only went back a few pages or so to see if had been posted.

Haha it's ok I'm just kidding around anyways. I just liked how that tweet was written about news being first reported and I'm sitting here thinking...jeesh I know I posted something about him visiting days ago on a fan forum that probably everyone of our media guys reads and it's now being first reported Lol!

I really like Bazley, The kid can shoot 3's with a guy on him. He also can create space, create his own shot, and make them. Do you remember all the talk about Cooney having to get open and how his shots weren't natural? This can can make those shots, at leas at his current level, and I believe he will at the college level as well, I hope someone can close him tomorrow(today).

HUUUUGE day for SU basketball either way. Bazley vists, and Swider announces. What a day for SU hoops. It may be hard to ceoncentrate on anything until the announcement is over. Hopefully while that ruckus is going on, the SU staff will impress the heck out of basley so much, that he will commit soon. A guy can dream, right?

Of course the weather just couldn't be nice today, but he's an Ohio kid. Hope he enjoys his visit. No Swider. The world is yours for a year Baze. Cuse will send you off to the top 10. Dunking, shooting, and scoring all over the best, in the best conference.

Of course the weather just couldn't be nice today, but he's an Ohio kid. Hope he enjoys his visit. No Swider. The world is yours for a year Baze. Cuse will send you off to the top 10. Dunking, shooting, and scoring all over the best, in the best conference.
Darius here is number 44...

Darius has posted a few snap videos today of his visit...seems to be pretty impressed with the dome. Really want to land this kid! Hopefully we are in the driver's seat with this one but I think his recruitment will go on for awhile. Although I'd be thrilled if he wants to commit early :)

Darius has posted a few snap videos today of his visit...seems to be pretty impressed with the dome. Really want to land this kid! Hopefully we are in the driver's seat with this one but I think his recruitment will go on for awhile. Although I'd be thrilled if he wants to commit early :)
If I see Darius post a photo in a Syracuse uniform I'm going to go into panic mode. It seems to be a jinx

I was thinking there usually is a recap somewhere about how his visit went

Was hoping Moyer would be here for his visit but it seems Moyer is home for the holiday weekend and rightfully so.

In my view, Darius is a unique talent who would fit in well with what we are attempting to accomplish both offensively and defensively. I hope that his in-person visit, last Friday, showed him just what a beautiful fit he would be for our program.
Our most successful teams, over time, have been focused upon forwards who run the floor well, score in transition and can play decent defense
Mr. Bazley has what it takes to make our team special!

Wish there was some news, but he probably is gonna go through the process for a bit.

Screw all the rankings, as he's a top player in this class. But, I hope he isn't a kid waiting for someone else to offer.

Glad he showed interest, and we got him in. This would be the one to put some concerns to rest for some here. Not all, with the whole PG concerns. I'm good with things, but hey, gives us something to talk about.

Baze, for my health, become an Orangeman. I can just envision the high flying dunks in front of 30K+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom