Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darius, Welcome to the Syracuse Basketball family. Go Orange!

Darius Bazleydb2-41.png

Best news scrolling through twitter while on the can maybe ever.

Come on man, I was eating!

Huuuuge, epic win for JB, Griff(immediate dividends), the rest of the staff, players and anyone else who contributed.

Protoypical JB recruit. I saw the SCOUT email that we got a recruit and thought for once LUCY would not pull away the football and it wouldnt be a football recruit(and generally not an exciting one), and with Bqazeley's recent visit I had to check. STUNNED. Maybe this will sweeten the pot for Carey to sign, but even if he doesnt, amazing get!!!!

The name I keep hearing is Coleman. And I don't mean Da Juan.
That was my first thought when I watched the video. A young DC1 who's not afraid of a little contact and goes up at both ends of the court with purpose. I know DC left some huge shoes to fill but that was my first impression. He seems to have that aggressive attitude that we've been missing for a few years.

Love it, it will be interesting to see how the forward position plays out in the near future, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I heard via the Francis pod that he's hearing that Baze wants to make that jump ASAP and is a 1-2 year guy, Marek has been rumored to have NBA ambitions but generally is a question mark, Matt Moyer really impresses me and his ball skills and shooting seem to have been upgraded in his time off, then you have Brissett obviously who everyone loves. That's a problem I'll take every day of the week if TT doesn't gain the correct amount of interest to jump to the league.

I'm obviously still worried about the guard spots but I'm even more puzzled on how the potential rotation will all shake out, you'll have Marek, Moyer, Oshae all with 1 year of actual game time and Moyer with 2 years of being in the program, if TT does come back does anyone see a scenario where they can all be rotated in or do you see certain players distancing themselves from the pack?

Love it, it will be interesting to see how the forward position plays out in the near future, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I heard via the Francis pod that he's hearing that Baze wants to make that jump ASAP and is a 1-2 year guy, Marek has been rumored to have NBA ambitions but generally is a question mark, Matt Moyer really impresses me and his ball skills and shooting seem to have been upgraded in his time off, then you have Brissett obviously who everyone loves. That's a problem I'll take every day of the week if TT doesn't gain the correct amount of interest to jump to the league.

I'm obviously still worried about the guard spots but I'm even more puzzled on how the potential rotation will all shake out, you'll have Marek, Moyer, Oshae all with 1 year of actual game time and Moyer with 2 years of being in the program, if TT does come back does anyone see a scenario where they can all be rotated in or do you see certain players distancing themselves from the pack?
Yeah, a great "problem" to have. But, if these guys want to make it to the NBA, they have to earn playing time here at Syracuse. It's great competition to prepare them for the league.

Yeah, a great "problem" to have. But, if these guys want to make it to the NBA, they have to earn playing time here at Syracuse. It's great competition to prepare them for the league.

Yet at the same time these kids have been alpha males in most scenarios growing up, it'd be almost impossible to not maintain some sort of ego, with that ego comes the want of playing time, I just feel someone is going to have to be the odd man out.

Absolutely thrilling news. Shocking too, despite him reaching out to us and expressing his interest. Bazley is blowing up. Those guys usually don't commit when their profile is skyrocketing. This is the kind of kid who would've gotten an offer from Kentucky without question. I do hope he signs an NLI to allay any concerns down the line (though I doubt he'd decommit twice).

Bazley is an absolute beast. The OG DG comparisons are very lofty but will be hard to stray from with his build, lefty stroke and baby face. We lost out on Donyel Marshall because we landed on probation. This kid could be just as impactful as a college player and could be our screw you to the NCAA.

Watching his recent highlights, the most impressive improvement I've seen is his ability to drive. Not many guys his size have his handle. He has a season to develop his jumper. If that comes, it'll be more than a chore to guard this guy. Heck, it already is.

This kid is night and day from Swider. Very different players. We still need shooting for next year but Buddy would give us some of that and maybe Brissett and Moyer too.

Great job, Griff! Great job, Matt Moyer too. He's been working Bazley hard. As others have said, we might be able to develop an Ohio pipeline. Fertile ground.

Last edited:
Wish there was some news, but he probably is gonna go through the process for a bit.

Screw all the rankings, as he's a top player in this class. But, I hope he isn't a kid waiting for someone else to offer.

Glad he showed interest, and we got him in. This would be the one to put some concerns to rest for some here. Not all, with the whole PG concerns. I'm good with things, but hey, gives us something to talk about.

Baze, for my health, become an Orangeman. I can just envision the high flying dunks in front of 30K+
You have your wish

Absolutely thrilling news. Shocking too, despite him reaching out to us and expressing his interest. Bazley is blowing up. Those guys usually don't commit when their profile is skyrocketing. This is the kind of kid who would've gotten an offer from Kentucky without question. I do hope he signs an NLI to allay any concerns down the line (though I doubt he'd decommit twice).

Bazley is an absolute beast. The OG DG comparisons are very lofty but will be hard to stray from with his build, lefty stroke and baby face. We lost out on Donyel Marshall because we landed on probation. This kid could be just as impactful as a college player and could be our you to the NCAA.

Watching his recent highlights, the most impressive improvement I've seen is his ability to drive. Not many guys his size have his handle. He has a season to develop his jumper. If that comes, it'll be more than a chore to guard this guy. Heck, it already is.

This kid is night and day from Swider. Very different players. We still need shooting for next year but Buddy would give us some of that and maybe Brissett and Moyer too.

Great job, Griff! Great job, Matt Moyer too. He's been working Bazley hard. As others have said, we might be able to develop an Ohio pipeline. Fertile ground.
I actually think he could play 2 3 4
His handle is very solid.

Mike McC on Twitter responded to a question of mine that expectations are that Bazley will sign his NLI during the early signing period. That is tremendous, considering how this kid's profile has skyrocketed in recent months and weeks.

Get this kid signed and breathe easier.

Don't think this mixtape was posted here yet...pretty recent highlights. Kid can shoot and has a real nice looking jumper that will only improve. Really think he's going to be a matchup nightmare

He has one of those jump shots where the ball seems to be in the air a long time but comes down softly. Bigs will have fits guarding Baze.

Mike McC on Twitter responded to a question of mine that expectations are that Bazley will sign his NLI during the early signing period. That is tremendous, considering how this kid's profile has skyrocketed in recent months and weeks.

Get this kid signed and breathe easier.
This is my concern as well. Just gotta hang on before K and Cal notice him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom