Class of 2018 - SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Can’t a lot of those questions be asked of many recruits?
Yes, but I believe it would be nice if we could get some of these answered first if we pursue Braswell.

We need to put the full court press on kid
Braswell is shooting up the rankings on 2 4 7. Similar to how Marek did on that site as well. Ranked 168 as of now, I seen him ranked as high as in the 130’s. I’ll take this kid in a heartbeat. Him and Osun would be my ideal ending to the 18 class after losing out on Golden.

The more I watch Braswell on tape, the more trouble I have understanding why there are not more offers/interest in this kid. There has to be more to this story. This kid is long and multi-skilled and can shoot. I like Golden too. Given the choice, I would roll the dice on Braswell, IF the other stuff checks out.
Holy crap. I'm just now revisiting this thread since Golden signed with Butler... Yeah, i agree — the highlight clips make him look like a skilled, athletic, explosive player, with a confident deep jumper. Hard to imagine a kid with that size and those skills didn't have a productive enough HS career to get more/better offers and a higher national ranking. As Frank Costanza said, "Somethin's missin'!"

I was not enthused about Golden. I would be thrilled to get Braswell.
"I may be wrong, but I doubt it."
— Chuck

Holy crap. I'm just now revisiting this thread since Golden signed with Butler... Yeah, i agree — the highlight clips make him look like a skilled, athletic, explosive player, with a confident deep jumper. Hard to imagine a kid with that size and those skills didn't have a productive enough HS career to get more/better offers and a higher national ranking. As Frank Costanza said, "Somethin's missin'!"

I was not enthused about Golden. I would be thrilled to get Braswell.
"I may be wrong, but I doubt it."
— Chuck

Yeah, there has to be more to this story. To my eye, Braswell looks good enough to play at the ACC level and make a difference. He is much more of a prototypical SU wing than Golden. It will be "interesting" to see how this plays out.

Was it ever confirmed that our coaches visited him? There were the tweets about us planning to see him, then silence...

I'm still not in the camp of grabbing guys to grab them. Can he play at this level is the question that needs to be answered. The only major program that offered him was OK State and that's because they have no forwards on their roster.

I'm still not in the camp of grabbing guys to grab them. Can he play at this level is the question that needs to be answered. The only major program that offered him was OK State and that's because they have no forwards on their roster.
Oshae wasn't exactly getting high major offers either and he played better than 95% of freshmen last year

Oshae wasn't exactly getting high major offers either and he played better than 95% of freshmen last year

Oshae also played at Findlay Prep at one point. It's one of the top prep programs in the country. He wasn't a scrub before going to Canada which has a growing basketball scene in the talent-laden Ontario region.

Yeah there are diamonds in the rough but by this age it’s pretty rare.

Oshae also played at Findlay Prep at one point. It's one of the top prep programs in the country. He wasn't a scrub before going to Canada which has a growing basketball scene in the talent-laden Ontario region.
and yet he still wasn't really recruited by major major programs and again, he was better than 95% of freshmen out there. You're proving my point on that.

and yet he still wasn't really recruited by major major programs and again, he was better than 95% of freshmen out there. You're proving my point on that.

Oregon, UCLA, USC, Maryland, Memphis, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Arizona State aren't major programs.

Good day.

Oregon, UCLA, USC, Maryland, Memphis, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Arizona State aren't major programs.

Good day.
Did you really just try and say Memphis and ASU are major programs...just stop

Did you really just try and say Memphis and ASU are major programs...just stop

Arizona State isn't a major program? Just gracefully accept your L.