Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

So I guess the million dollar question is when does Chance make it official and public?

We’ll see about Kadary playing point. He definitely needs to work on his handles to play point, I see him more as a true slashing 2. But that’s a few years away so he can definitely have handled for a point guard by then.

I also think we bring in a pretty big time PG for 2023. At least I would think that’s the goal for the coaches.
You have the big time freshman PG, Kadary at the 2 and Westry at the 3 (assuming he stays another year). Now this is a LONG ways away but I would assume that’s how the staff would plan this out lol
Hmmm. Kadary’s handle is one of his clear strengths. From videos, it’s pretty obvious. I think he may play some PG THIS year. He was a PG for Brewster and by all accounts was playing great by the end of season.

Last edited:
Would I prefer that Kadary's handles be a little tighter? Yeah, but he still has a killer hanging crossover and with his strengths (getting into the paint and absorbing contact) and his weaknesses (shooting), you probably want the ball to be in his hands more often than not.

cant take his spot when it’s already reserved for him.

source.gif

Chance is exactly the type of player that can push us over the top. Elite shooting guard with ability to play small forward in our zone. He can provide Dion like talent and explosiveness off the bench, with a pure shooting stroke. With the roster and talent we have in 2022 you would expect a rotation of:
  • Dior (Fr) and Joe G (Sr) in back court
  • Kadary (Jr), Benny (So), Quincy (Sr), Woody (Jr), Braswell (Sr) at the forward spots
  • Frank (Jr), Jesse (Jr/Sr depend RS), Bol Ajak (Jr) at center
Kadary and Chance can play either guard or small forward and both have the ability to knock down shots and create instant offense. Chance is the type of talent that can get drafted even if coming off the bench.

Note:
  • fully realize that Quincy might go pro, Braz might transfer. The talent is still there to win a title.
  • add Mac to this roster and Cuse fans are going to be making Final four plans
Cuse!

This feels like a roster from those 09-14 teams. The recruiting is starting to feel like that as well.

Wish there was a way to get Cruz, too. He might be the best of the bunch. But I will take Dior and Westry, thank you very much.

I would actually prefer Gayle but you take Zion with Dior if Thats what Dior wants. Its literally a no lose scenario and one SU hasn’t really ever had. This must be what gbo feels when Clemson recruits for football. No lose scenarios

If Chance waits to make it official, he may lose his spot to Zion or Roddy.

If Chance waits to make it official, he may lose his spot to Zion or Roddy.

Unless we miraculously end up left at the altar once more, and by the whole lot of ‘em this time around. I’d say this is a pretty refreshing change to not have to worry about arguably anything with the 2022 class, or the talent level that will be around for that season, even with a few early departures. Same goes for the 2021 class basically. And for those unable to ever stop worrying, at least these things are the only long shot scenarios you have to choose from. Along with the Dior will certainly abandon us hysteria, of course.

Last edited:

Top-25 sophomore Chance Westry has heard from Nebraska, Louisville, Maryland, Penn State, Virginia, Bryant, Georgia, NC State, Ohio State, Holy Cross, since midnight, he told ....

What kicked off the midnight run?