Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

Well this might explain quite a bit. The staff is confident he's '17 and that we are strong leaders. After the tournament, we might get more clarity.
It's a good theory. It would explain the lack of recruiting other PGs and the delay in announcing a reclassification from Ayala. Maybe there was a "Don't worry coach, you'll be happy as soon as my AAU tourny gets done." conversation. Hope that is what's going on.

Maybe the tournament isn't the basis of the decision, just the only reason he hasn't announced the reclassification yet.

That's what it sounds like. I'm just saying that playing AAU ball seems like an odd reason not to announce that you've committed to the college of your choice, if that is indeed what has happened. Almost an irrelevant consideration, in fact.

That's what it sounds like. I'm just saying that playing AAU ball seems like an odd reason not to announce that you've committed to the college of your choice, if that is indeed what has happened. Almost an irrelevant consideration, in fact.
True... and it's entirely possible I'm stretching to find the news I want to hear anyway. We'll see.

It's a good theory. It would explain the lack of recruiting other PGs and the delay in announcing a reclassification from Ayala. Maybe there was a "Don't worry coach, you'll be happy as soon as my AAU tourny gets done." conversation. Hope that is what's going on.

If this is the case, it is the kind of strategy that we have been very vocally opposed to. Let's say he has an amazing AAU tournament and walks out with a handful of new P5 offers. All of a sudden, we once again didn't wrap up a guy while we were still the leaders.

If this is the case, it is the kind of strategy that we have been very vocally opposed to. Let's say he has an amazing AAU tournament and walks out with a handful of new P5 offers. All of a sudden, we once again didn't wrap up a guy while we were still the leaders.
I'm less confident in Tucker coming here than Ayala. This is not from any inside information, just my gut feeling.

Brian Snow on Cuse Cast indicated he didn't think Ayala would reclassify until July. That's a long wait with no guarantees. I prefer EA over Waters, but this is very very risky.

Some of us know.

I hope that's a really solid and hard "know" that you speak of...you have been pretty confident all along in what you seem to know so I will certainly take that as a good sign...any idea of time frame of when we may know something with him without you giving away too much info? Can we assume we may hear something solid once this aau tourney is over?

I hope that's a really solid and hard "know" that you speak of...you have been pretty confident all along in what you seem to know so I will certainly take that as a good sign...any idea of time frame of when we may know something with him without you giving away too much info? Can we assume we may hear something solid once this aau tourney is over?
End of April / Early May.

End of April / Early May.
That's about the same time that Juice Man wants to make a decision by too...

upload_2017-4-13_12-44-20.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom