Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

Evans has been very confident Ayala is here in 17 for a longgg time. Few months hack he said look for Ayala to commit right after aau season. Lets hope hes right

Corey is tremendous. Reports on Ayala's recent play have been glowing, all saying he's improved as a floor general, especially with his maturity and composure.

JazzNC interesting, eh?

It may drag on through the Summer, but I'd be shocked if the staff didn't move on by then to grad transfers and/or adding more of them.

I would like to agree but who knows with our staff..i would think that we or any school for that matter couldn't afford to wait that long to fill a void like that. Not sure what ayala is thinking unless he just keeps saying this and plans to stay 18...waiting that long to then decide to come in 17 just doesn't seem like the greatest idea.

Certainly seems like he wants to finish off aau this year and then decide...so drag on it will unfortunately..in the end if we land him then great but it really kinda puts us in a bind if we don't make any other moves in hopes of him coming in 17

This doesn't affect Tucker, so we could finish that. My concern is that Nahz could be impacted by not knowing about EA since Carter is a 2/3. It's obvious Ayala wants immediate playing time.

I would like to agree but who knows with our staff..i would think that we or any school for that matter couldn't afford to wait that long to fill a void like that. Not sure what ayala is thinking unless he just keeps saying this and plans to stay 18...waiting that long to then decide to come in 17 just doesn't seem like the greatest idea.
Don't think they will. At this point every roster move is extremely important to next year. We need players and ones that are capable immediately.

Guys from the 2018 class have committed. Why not just commit to SU and then after the AAU season, say that he is moving up to 2017?

Guys from the 2018 class have committed. Why not just commit to SU and then after the AAU season, say that he is moving up to 2017?

Still keeping all options open I guess? Not totally sold on cuse? Who knows, not sure why we can't have a nice easy recruitment instead of these circus ones...dont get me wrong I want ayala and from all reports it sounds like he just continues to get better but dang it why can't it just go our way smoothly

Ayala is hard to figure out and plays thing close to the vest. But from things I've heard if I had to put my life on it I think he wears orange next year. If he does not reclassify I think he goes somewhere other than Syracuse in 2018, just a hunch I'm feeling.

Great to have him, but if not, then no worries. He obviously isn't all in on Orange. I'm probably repeating myself, but we are getting close to the end here. Would love to have EA, or we wouldn't have a huge thread dedicated to him. A coaching staff full of guards, and more fans than anywhere. I'd kill for a chance to be coached by JB, Red, and Griff. These players have so many options though. Time will tell. This is sluggish, but nothing you can do.

AAU goes through July. I would like to see him play through June and be in cuse for the second summer session

I don't think we can wait forever. Perhaps once Tucker decides we tell Ayala we are getting a grad transfer and see what happens.

If we offered and he is still game for 2017 why not sign. Don't think we are his top target and don't blame him for doing what's best for him but we need to move on or crash and burn

If we offered and he is still game for 2017 why not sign. Don't think we are his top target and don't blame him for doing what's best for him but we need to move on or crash and burn
I agree, but we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

For all we know the staff has given him a hard deadline so we can move on, if need be. But I agree with the above poster who said why not just to commit to us and decide on 2017 or 2018 later? It may very be that if he's in 2018 hed go somewhere else. Which is weird to me, he's not a one and done - and it is very likely that only returning backcourt guy for 2018 would be Washington (assuming Battle declares). So if anything, he would get more PT next year than he would in 2017.

Who knows - If i'm 18 and i'm seeing all these colleges start to pick up hype and start to get more offers, I'd probably wait too. Hell, take a few official visits to places like Miami and Arizona even. I don't get the 2017/2018 difference from him and us though, but it is what it is.

I'd much rather have him than a grad transfer - but we'll see

I agree, but we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

For all we know the staff has given him a hard deadline so we can move on, if need be. But I agree with the above poster who said why not just to commit to us and decide on 2017 or 2018 later? It may very be that if he's in 2018 hed go somewhere else. Which is weird to me, he's not a one and done - and it is very likely that only returning backcourt guy for 2018 would be Washington (assuming Battle declares). So if anything, he would get more PT next year than he would in 2017.

Who knows - If i'm 18 and i'm seeing all these colleges start to pick up hype and start to get more offers, I'd probably wait too. Hell, take a few official visits to places like Miami and Arizona even. I don't get the 2017/2018 difference from him and us though, but it is what it is.

I'd much rather have him than a grad transfer - but we'll see

I'm probably alone but after watching his highlight reel and H Washington reel I like Washington better. Washington gets everyone involved and shows a real court sense and quick decision making. Ayala commented when he was at one of our games that he's never seen anything like it and was imagining himself out there. Has also stated he wants to go somewhere to make immediate impact. That's us! But no commitment. Alarms sounding

Corey is tremendous. Reports on Ayala's recent play have been glowing, all saying he's improved as a floor general, especially with his maturity and composure.

JazzNC interesting, eh?

The plot thickens... I hope to see one day soon that he's signed with Syracuse. Fingers crossed!

Kid isn't good enough to where the staff should be waiting hand and foot on him especially through the end of the Summer. Find other prospects and move on, whether it be a grad transfer to plug in a hole or concentrating on a 2018 player that is high on SU.

Kid isn't good enough to where the staff should be waiting hand and foot on him especially through the end of the Summer. Find other prospects and move on, whether it be a grad transfer to plug in a hole or concentrating on a 2018 player that is high on SU.
C'mon man, don't you know if you show all your love to one recruit, they have to commit to you?

This recruitment, like Torien Thompsons, is from bizzaro world.
Sure there are additional issues, like which year will Eric decide to play, 2017 or 2018. But it sure makes one wonder what is up with him and his relationship with our staff? It's almost like, he is not that favorable to commiting to us and is seeking a different suiter.
Since Green moved on to Kentucky from us and we began to focus upon Ayala that we are involved with a similar game,
bizzaro1AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKNAAAAJDVjMTgzY2M2LThiNzMtNGVmOC1iYjg5LTVjZTEwYzI4MjNmOA.jpg

From that article. "He said he would talk about the decision with his family at the end of the summer." Have to move on to another guard if that's true IMO.
Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. Getting here for the summer sessions is crucial for the development of the team. Particularly for someone that is going to be trusted to handle the lead guard duties. He has to learn where the other players need the ball to be most effective and develop the rapport with his teammates. This sounds like a selfish move. And, that's fine, but I hope our staff has other irons in the fire. I would almost prefer to have more scholarships available for the loaded 2018 class, especially since out guys are actually out recruiting this class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom