Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

I know that these kids get tons of offers and it's all part of the game but I don't like this...i don't know why but I just done feel like this kid is a cuse lean...i mean shouldn't he be at least letting people know if he's reclassing yet or not...let alone what school he's going to commit to? He hasn't even really come out with a top 4 or top 5 or 10 or anything has He? Not that that's a big deal or anything but I feel like he has kept his opinions on schools under lock and key..i haven't really read anything that suggest he has a favorite or is leaning one way more then another. Anyone know or read something somewhere that suggest otherwise?

Does he really owe anyone anything? It's about his best interest and he knows he s got leverage

Call me crazy but I believe Washington is going to be a pleasant surprise. He's under the radar like Oshae

He played at Montverde for a while, he's on every radar of all time.

is this legit? that he's only deciding between high school or prep for 2017??

I thought Bill Paxton was dead

giphy.gif

If he reclassifies it probably means he's coming to cuse. A uconn guy won't acknowledge that possibility.
UConn thinks they have a good chance if he reclasses to 2017. Not sure why - They have Adams, Vital and Gilbert. He'd be the 4th G there - even if they play 3G (I don't know how long you could play 3G with Vital guarding a SF). We have much more PT available. Ayala would easily be our 3rd G and potentially get the 2nd most PT behind Battle unless Howard has a huge breakout year.

The longer this Ayala thing drags out the worse our chances are in my opinion. This Oregon thing is a troubling development. If he reclassifies we have a good but I feel less confident that I did a month ago. If he does do another year of prep school I don't like our changes at all. I feel the same way about Wright.

The longer this Ayala thing drags out the worse our chances are in my opinion. This Oregon thing is a troubling development. If he reclassifies we have a good but I feel less confident that I did a month ago. If he does do another year of prep school I don't like our changes at all. I feel the same way about Wright.
If he doesn't reclassify, does the level of SU interest go down (the interest that SU has in him, not him for SU)?

Idk what it is about this kid and his recruitment but I feel like for one he is gonna stay in 18 and for two he isn't going to be choosing cuse to play at. Just my feeling..if he was serious about us then he would be doing something about it by now. Id like to eat my words here on this and maybe i will but i doubt it..

Idk what it is about this kid and his recruitment but I feel like for one he is gonna stay in 18 and for two he isn't going to be choosing cuse to play at. Just my feeling..if he was serious about us then he would be doing something about it by now. Id like to eat my words here on this and maybe i will but i doubt it..

Who knows if he even has the test scores to go '17? I'm not getting good vibes here either and if that is the case do we then look for a 5th year option? It doesn't seem like we want to go that route. We need another guard with a handle.

Waters (Mike not Tremont) said SU is in good shape with Ayala but he has yet to reclassify.

One way or another we'll bring in another guard. Can't conceive going into next season with three guards. It would be suicide.

That is a very big "but" in the first sentence. Hopefully we get great news on his test scores and reclassification. Maybe the reason the staff appears to be not looking elsewhere is they have strong expectations of good news.

That is a very big "but" in the first sentence. Hopefully we get great news on his test scores and reclassification. Maybe the reason the staff appears to be not looking elsewhere is they have strong expectations of good news.

Yep that BUT almost seems like an IF he reclassifies than its SU and if not its likely elsewhere.

Yep that BUT almost seems like an IF he reclassifies than its SU and if not its likely elsewhere.
I didn't read it that way. I read it as two separate things: 1) We're in the lead. 2) No telling if it will be this year or next.

I'd love to add Ayala in 2017, but in the event that he stays in the 2018 class, is he still as valuable to Syracuse as he is now in 2017? I'm sure we'd still pursue him, but would we still prioritize him is what I guess I'm asking.

Ayala is our best high school guard option at the moment since there aren't many options left (pretty much a classic case of supply vs. demand). But if you put Ayala up against Quinerly, Carmody, Zachery, Mika-Woods, Hubb, Swider, Muhammad, etc. how does he stack up?

His national ranking on one site is at 102 in the class of 2018, though I'm not sure how recently it's been updated. From what I can tell, I think he can be a good combo guard off the bench next year and potentially a big-time contributor in his junior and senior seasons, but I'm just wondering what people who have gotten to see him play in person think his value will be moving forward if he stays in the 2018 class.

I agree. I'd be shocked if he's 2017 but winds up elsewhere.

ding, ding, ding

Heard the same thing.

Although from an external perspective, it seems like an unusual thing to be basing your decision around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom