Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

Just my opinion but after watching this and hearing dasher and others say he told cuse he would reclass and come to cuse, I feel like he without a doubt played our staff or is toying around with them. Probably a kid getting pulled in a million different directions and has people in his corner telling him to hold off for the big fish...i just find it crazy that he would pass on a opportunity to play at cuse with the playing time he would get right away and the impact he could make. Guess we have lost some of our prestige or something because this recruiting cycle is just nuts. Passing on our program for another year of prep to work on his game. Maybe he will still come but i for one am now looking forward to whatever else we have cooking...as dasher said hopefully we will know more in a few days.

Schools like Duke, Carolina and Kentucky have bigger fish to catch than Ayala.

It kind of got lost in all of this but did Ayala ever retweet that he wasn't reclassifying. I know something has changed with him but do we know for sure he isn't coming.

It kind of got lost in all of this but did Ayala ever retweet that he wasn't reclassifying. I know something has changed with him but do we know for sure he isn't coming.
Nope, but he has retweeted several tweets since that Zagoria tweet as well. Including one from Francis. Who knows what him not re-tweeting it actually means, but he hasn't yet.

It seems the staff is still working on getting him to reclassify but there is resistance from within his circle. Once Tucker declares one way or the other I think we need to reach out to a grad transfer PG if Ayala is still not pulling the trigger for 17.

It seems the staff is still working on getting him to reclassify but there is resistance from within his circle. Once Tucker declares one way or the other I think we need to reach out to a grad transfer PG if Ayala is still not pulling the trigger for 17.

Has Tucker set any timeframe for making his decision? I have heard no link between him and Ayala, but I can't help thinking that landing one might entice the other, just because it will strengthen our chances for making the Tournament next year.

Has Tucker set any timeframe for making his decision? I have heard no link between him and Ayala, but I can't help thinking that landing one might entice the other, just because it will strengthen our chances for making the Tournament next year.
I believe he has talked about the end of April. So, we should know shortly after his visit to GT.

Seems like he has no idea what he wants to do with all of these schools coming at him..he says one thing and then says another...gotta be a tough decision for some of these kids that's for sure...wish he would wake up tomorrow and decide to come to cuse for 17.

Ayala had 10 pts, 10 rebs and 7 assts tonight in an overtime win in an under armour tournament game in Indy. Was only 2-10 from the FT line though.

If I'm in the Syracuse camp I'm looking at all scenario's that can better our class. Guys that we maybe didn't look at as well as kids that you may be able to flip. We missed the tourney this year but it isn't like we aren't in the hunt every year. We have a HOF coach. We play in the best conference in MCBB. We have a lot of things going for us but we have to come up with a plan and execute. It seems like we are all over the place and winging it with all the things going on with the program. Let get some stability and make plays for kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom