Class of 2020 - SG Justin Powell / Transfer from Auburn to Tennessee | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SG Justin Powell / Transfer from Auburn to Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised...was actually told this was probably the case last night by someone. Hopefully we can get Swider on board.

You can disagree. But a team with a bunch of guys that shoot 40% from 3 is fine by me. We can screen and scheme to get guys open. I don't see us getting Powell because that would take an effort that I don't foresee us giving. But if the moon is in the southern stars and he does commit here, I will be thrilled. Plus RF, as your friend, I don't mind you being wrong once in a while.
that's kind of an indictment of the staff, no?

why would “sky is falling“ be the reaction over this? Anyone who’s been paying attention knows the guard lineup is set.

Unless Woody stays and becomes the fourth guard so to speak.

??? the sky is blue?
Not sure what you mean?

We have a large contingent here saying "SWEET 16...it's all good!!!" and ignoring the trajectory of the program, and a respected poster (yes, you, Dasher) says that you doubt that the staff will put in the effort to land Powell, at a position of need (well, most objective parties would say that it's a position of need).

I feel that the attitude of the staff is like that of Alfred E. Neuman.

You know it’s all Boeheim’s fault, after all.
Yep Boeheim’s fault the portal opened. Boeheim’s fault that every team has multiple players transferring. Jimmy’s fault that a Kentucky kid (not recruited by Kentucky twice) stays down south.

I think the staff is smartly targeting where they have gaps. Forward is or will be a gap. We have two nice options lined up. Can’t get them all but there are a lot of options available. I am sure at the end of the process we will have a pretty solid team.

Cuse

I think it was quite clear from things said on this thread that we were barley recruiting and even if we were it would have been a lot to get this kid out of the south, so don’t really see this as a sky is falling situation at all. No one thought this was going to happen.

I think it was quite clear from things said on this thread that we were barley recruiting and even if we were it would have been a lot to get this kid out of the south, so don’t really see this as a sky is falling situation at all. No one thought this was going to happen.
I’m not sure privately what happened. But publicly the only 2 players that we “reached out” to was Powell aNd Swider.

Not sure what you mean?

We have a large contingent here saying "SWEET 16...it's all good!!!" and ignoring the trajectory of the program, and a respected poster (yes, you, Dasher) says that you doubt that the staff will put in the effort to land Powell, at a position of need (well, most objective parties would say that it's a position of need).

I feel that the attitude of the staff is like that of Alfred E. Neuman.
I mean, it is pretty obvious what I was saying about the staff and the Head coach.

I’m not sure privately what happened. But publicly the only 2 players that we “reached out” to was Powell aNd Swider.
What about Smir? Powell was never coming. He plays the same position as Buddy. He make think he can play point, but that’s not his best position.

I mean, it is pretty obvious what I was saying about the staff and the Head coach.
Which makes sense when it comes to traditional recruiting. How much effort does it take to set up a Zoom call, though?

Unless we’re talking bags.

Cough - Symir - cough cough.

Powell to Tenn makes little sense. They have a bunch of young guards and now you add Powell plus they have Chandler coming in. They have way more competition for him to deal with than we do. Only guy I thought they were losing was Springer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom