Class of 2020 - SG Justin Powell / Transfer from Auburn to Tennessee | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SG Justin Powell / Transfer from Auburn to Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s married to Joe. I think it’s possible he started Joe because he was experienced and Kadary was not.

JB has a short leash with guys who make the same mistakes or who don’t try to fix what he’s trying to get right.

I think it’s likely Joe starts. I don’t think it’s 100%
Whether he’s married to Joe or not, I think the perception is that he is. That will hurt our chances with a guy like Powell

Whether he’s married to Joe or not, I think the perception is that he is. That will hurt our chances with a guy like Powell

Agreed.

If JB couldn't send the message in the post-season exit interviews to a guy already on our team about the chances for PT next year with Joe also returning, he sure isn't going to make the effort with someone OUTSIDE the program that he'd have to actually sell and work hard to recruit.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be expected that Powell would want a commitment from his new coach that he's the man at his position? The starter? Playing 30 mpg? Has the keys to the Ferrari? That's not the case here. So I can't see him coming here or even any real effort on our part to sell him.
Which is why I said I highly doubt we would get him.
He is 6’6 and could run the offense.

If we ran a starting lineup of
Powell-Buddy-Benny-Swider-Edwards that could win a NC.

I think we can both agree that it is better to add as many talented players as we can. And if you recruit over someone? Come what may. But the objective is to win, and the best way to make that happen is to amass the top talent you can.

Not sure why JB doesn't view it through that same lens., or play guys more The season changed and our team became a LOT more formidable over the last 1/3 of the season when suddenly our rotation expanded to 8 guys. Oh well...

Have a great weekend, Dash!
We agree 100% on that. This Edwards wasn't ready which is what he said after our West Virginia game , no less, has got to go.

That’s the way the board winds have shifted, yes

Nonsense re: "board winds."

If a better player didn't start over him last year, what makes you think that JB is going to recruit over JGIII now? JB doesn't expend that type of effort anymore on the recruiting trail. They made their quick pivot to Torrence, and I'm sure that will be a wrap in the backcourt. And even if he DOES recruit another guard [or wing, who could play guard], he's only going to play 3 anyway.

#historicaltrends

To be clear -- happy to own all of the above as my opinion, not "board winds."

20210402_203518.gif

Which is why I said I highly doubt we would get him.
He is 6’6 and could run the offense.

If we ran a starting lineup of
Powell-Buddy-Benny-Swider-Edwards that could win a NC.
A** wind
[/QUOTE

Kentucky kid that didnt get offered by Kentucky originally and not being offered now, despite Kentucky hunting for a PG. good player but not someone you promise 30 plus a night too. Pearl’s dirty and if he can’t make him enough promises to keep him happy then I don’t put any fault on the SU coaching staff for not being able to make this happen.

Cuse

How do you know if the kid didn’t transfer from Auburn because they banned themselves from the tournament this season and they may not be eligible next season either.

Since people here have no problem speculating then think about that.

Powell in essence wasted playing this season because Auburn took the rug out from the kids by self imposing a ban once they knew they weren’t making the tournament.

That could have ticked off Powell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors