Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

While the stats look nice from a PPG perspective, the efficiency is pretty poor for Kiyan this week shooting well under 40% from the field (most of the other top scorers in the event are well over 40%). Hes a talented scorer and promising prospect but needs to become more consistent to take that next jump to 5-star/McDonalds AA status imo.

While the stats look nice from a PPG perspective, the efficiency is pretty poor for Kiyan this week shooting well under 40% from the field (most of the other top scorers in the event are well over 40%). Hes a talented scorer and promising prospect but needs to become more consistent to take that next jump to 5-star/McDonalds AA status imo.
Eh, I don't know. There are inefficient 5 stars.

I think he's on a healthy development trajectory in general. Just keep on keepin' on young fella.

Eh, I don't know. There are inefficient 5 stars.

I think he's on a healthy development trajectory in general. Just keep on keepin' on young fella.

Someone like him with a solid PG and a team bought into a system will naturally become more efficient, imo.

I don't know how good his game will top out at, but I'd love him as a recruit even if he wasn't Melo's kid. I like where he is now and where it seems like he can go.

Kiyan with 12 points on 1 of 10 shooting in the first half. He's made 9 of 10 freethrows. Two rebounds and three assists. Hopefully he gets that shooting percentage up. He's 1 of 2 from three point land.
Isn't this the same game that he finished 12 of 19 from the field? If so, how does that work?

Isn't this the same game that he finished 12 of 19 from the field? If so, how does that work?
No, it was probably the game he went 5 for 23 or 8 for 27. He has been up and down with his efficiency, but I like the fact that he has been attacking the basket.

I love how when he feels contact he keeps driving to get the bucket. Brushes it off instead of flailing and falling like someone we won’t talk about anymore.

He has that great touch on his shot that so many players don’t too. It’s good to see him show he can be assertive against other top players and get what he wants on the floor. Efficiency will come as others noted.

I love how when he feels contact he keeps driving to get the bucket. Brushes it off instead of flailing and falling like someone we won’t talk about anymore.

He has that great touch on his shot that so many players don’t too. It’s good to see him show he can be assertive against other top players and get what he wants on the floor. Efficiency will come as others noted.
He's become a complete scorer... He is doing a lot off the dribble. Threes moving sideways, using the screens to rub guys off, pulling up, getting all the way to the basket, he's really showing a lot.

Some of the plays looked like good defense as well, he just plain old beat them.

In the past, he had a lot of highlights where somebody lost him on defense and he shot a wide open jumper. He doesn't seem to bother to include those anymore.

Last edited:
How is his first name pronounced? Kai-an or Key-yan or something else? Serious question