Class of 2017 - SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't understand why 18 year old kids that get to choose a place to spend a season before the NBA are deciding to go to Arizona and not Syracuse, New York?

Arizona already has eleventy-billion wing players.

I'd think a basketball player would choose where to go to school, primarily around opportunity for playing time & exposure, good coaching, solid conference competition, likelihood of a good post-season run, etc first -
and climate and "scenery" a distant second.

It's not like Kentucky, Kansas, etc are tropical meccas either, yet they get certainly get their share of 5*, one-and-done talent.

ALL of the B1G schools (sans maybe the Twerps) have pretty much the same crappy winters as Syracuse does, and their elite hoops programs never lack for elite recruits.
It's clearly not climate and "scenery" that those players are choosing.

Zona hasn't done in the post-season in forever, they play in a conference that doesn't get a whole lot of pub, in games most people don't stay up until midnite to watch.

I'd think a basketball player would choose where to go to school, primarily around opportunity for playing time & exposure, good coaching, solid conference competition, likelihood of a good post-season run, etc first -

It's not like Kentucky, Kansas, etc are tropical meccas either, yet they get certainly get their share of 5*, one-and-done talent.

ALL of the B1G schools (sans maybe the Twerps) have pretty much the same crappy winters as Syracuse does, and their elite hoops programs never lack for elite recruits.

Zona hasn't done in the post-season in forever, they play in a conference that doesn't get a whole lot of pub, in games most people don't stay up until midnite to watch.

Zona has been to the elite 8 like 3 of the last 6 years. I wouldn't say they have struggled in the tourney. If it wasn't for Wisky they would have 2 final 4's in the last 3 years.

Zona has been to the elite 8 like 3 of the last 6 years. I wouldn't say they have struggled in the tourney. If it wasn't for Wisky they would have 2 final 4's in the last 3 years.

They have under performed their seed but not by too much IMO. Even as a 1 seed once you hit the regional final you are playing a team that can win it all so its not a big failure to lose IMO. I do think you can make a case that playing in the PAC12 leaves them less prepared for big time games deep in the tourney than say playing in the ACC does.

They have under performed their seed but not by too much IMO. Even as a 1 seed once you hit the regional final you are playing a team that can win it all so its not a big failure to lose IMO. I do think you can make a case that playing in the PAC12 leaves them less prepared for big time games deep in the tourney than say playing in the ACC does.
Ah the good old we are a #1 seed and made it to the elite 8 and it's a disappointment argument. I don't buy the whole play in the Pac12 you are unprepared argument myself. I think it's a simple as playing another good team and getting beat. That Wisky team beat Arizona with Decker score north of 30 if I remember right. If he had done that against Duke they would have won the title by a healthy margin in my opinion. That's just how things go.

And we would have had NC #2 in 2010 and #3 in 2012 if things had gone better for our centers!

Ah the good old we are a #1 seed and made it to the elite 8 and it's a disappointment argument. I don't buy the whole play in the Pac12 you are unprepared argument myself. I think it's a simple as playing another good team and getting beat. That Wisky team beat Arizona with Decker score north of 30 if I remember right. If he had done that against Duke they would have won the title by a healthy margin in my opinion. That's just how things go.

Agreed. Besides, historically they schedule tough always in the non-conference if one thinks the PAC-12 does not adequately prepare them for the tourney. Wisconsin just had their number like you said. I think they would have potentially rolled all other comers.

Lonnie will be 'Zona by Wednesday... :(:noidea:
Looks like Arizona ha room? Now that Ray Smith has quit playing basketball due an injury.
If Lonnie goes here, they will be back over the permittable number of Scholarships. Does not look like he and Randolph would
Get much playing time at shooting guard. Most likely, the playing time will be at small forward.

Looks like Arizona ha room? Now that Ray Smith has quit playing basketball due an injury.
If Lonnie goes here, they will be back over the permittable number of Scholarships. Does not look like he and Randolph would
Get much playing time at shooting guard. Most likely, the playing time will be at small forward.
Trier has issues also. What a coup by miller

im really perplexed, guy has never even been to a final four

Trier has issues also. What a coup by miller
Maybe Trier will not wear the Arizona uniform again. Although, he would not be there next year regardless.

If Trier's academic problems are as serious as has been rumored, how many games will U of A have to forfeit?;)

Maybe Trier will not wear the Arizona uniform again. Although, he would not be there next year regardless.

If Trier's academic problems are as serious as has been rumored, how many games will U of A have to forfeit?;)

Wait are you saying they will wind up with not-losses on their temporarily/permanent record?

I'm hearing it's not academic

im really perplexed, guy has never even been to a final four
Follow the white rabbit, Neo

cartoon-rabbit-with-money-vector-2072774.jpg

I think, at that level, it's the girls. Just saying.

18jrlt.gif

I guess Jay Wright was right when he told my contact at Nova Midnight Madness that Lonnie was going to Arizona. :(

seems crazy they're apparently getting Walker and Randolph

Randolph knew. Unfortunately, Walker has been 'Zona for quite a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.