Class of 2020 - SG/SF Alan Griffin (NY / Illinois) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SG/SF Alan Griffin (NY / Illinois) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He brought in Gillon when Frank was “anointed” the starter. Quincy hasn’t clinched the spot so why can’t Griffin come in and start? I hope Quincy earns it and averages 15 and 8 but nothing is set in stone. And btw it’s not like I said Griffin is gonna come in and bump Buddy. It’s not too different from Joe taking over from Jalen considering the spot wasn’t set in stone for Jalen just like it’s not set in stone for Quincy.
Oh, Griffin can come in and bump Quincy. For sure.

But until the roster changes, our lineup is Girard, Buddy, Marek, Quincy, and Sidibe.

Also, Frankie wasn't really annointed as the starter. He got first crack because he was the bigger guard.

Oh, Griffin can come in and bump Quincy. For sure.

But until the roster changes, our lineup is Girard, Buddy, Marek, Quincy, and Sidibe.

Also, Frankie wasn't really annointed as the starter. He got first crack because he was the bigger guard.

Semantics I guess. I don’t consider some one who has never started as locking down the position yet. I’ve learned not to assume what the lineup will be until the first exhibition at least. Similar to what happened with Otis Hill and JB Reafsnyder or senior Tyler Roberson.

His game looks alot like Hughes. All he has to do is look at film of Hughes and he can see himself in that position. He won’t make any decision until Hughes announces his final decision, so the NCAA moving to June may not make a big difference.

Syracuse has a lot to offer here imo. National stage. Elite conference. Good history with transfers, (Wes, MG, A. White, Hughes) the most recent, from ECU no less, was the leading scorer in the ACC. Open minutes at the 3, but also can get some spot minutes at the 2. Close to home, in case the immediate eligibility rule doesnt go through this might help him argue for special circumstances to still obtain that eligibility (others here may know better how this works). Let's hope we were his favorite school growing up, but just not his dream school.

Gotta admit: I’m so jealous of what Duke is doing right now.

Coach K is straight up making moves right now, acting like a Boss.

Swooped in last minute & snatched up a solid player in Tape, right out from under us. Did the same with Curry & almost snatched him up too. And now they are considered the “early favorites” to land Allen Griffin - a guy who would fit here pretty nicely IMO - since they got a commitment from his brother for 2021.

Combined with all the five star guys they got coming every year...there’s just this sense of inevitability now when they offer guys - like it’s a freaking golden ticket from Willy Wonka lol.

Just this sense that they are doing everything possible to maximize their roster each & every year.

Man how I wish I had confidence that SU had that same mentality each & every year to get best roster possible - instead of “just wait till these guys develop (and then go to league before we reap benefits). Meh

thinking of the pros and cons of Duke vs. SU. in his recruitment. I would think playing with his 'bro would be a plus. Also playing at a truly elite program would be another incentive to pick Duke. However, SU offers him more security as far as playing time and not being recruited over. I guess it comes down to whose "pitch" is most compelling, SU's, Duke's, or others. I looked up his Rivals rating coming out of HS and he was mid 40s, higher than the guards we just lost. Everyone sees him as a forward at SU, I'm not so sure...

I just checked out tape of him in HS and again this past season at Illinois. Doesn't look like the same player, it appears that he has grown several inches. Much "longer" and athletic. I can see why his recruitment has blown up with multiple offers. He certainly looks like the classic SU forward, and I stand corrected, he does have the "look" of an SU forward...

This kid could take us from 15 wins to 19 or 20. Hr might not be better than Eli, but he’s a very good player and we can optimistically expect all returning players to improve from last year. Add to the fact that Kadary should be able to contribute more than the back up guards last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.