Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 150 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like you misunderstood what was actually posted. Go back and read what was written.
Red not communicating with the rest of the staff seemed preposterous to me - that's why i took it as sarcasm. Form your and bees' replies it seems i was mistaken, though i thought i read all the posts yesterday. This thread is truly getting confusing. Maybe bees is right about locking it ;)

Welcome back! If the truth be known... I have a confession to make. I managed to get AW3's super secret double deep black ops twitter feed and I sent him a rather persuasive tweet in which I implored he delay his commitment until you returned from parts "down east". Much to my surprise he agreed that it would only be proper to insure that all UberCuse fans were on hand for the announcement. So... we should be expecting word from him and his peeps... any hour now. ;)
I'm thinking maybe AW was with the Beadle clan in Maine, without internet or cell service til today...either way, any hour now...

Red not communicating with the rest of the staff seemed preposterous to me - that's why i took it as sarcasm. Form your and bees' replies it seems i was mistaken, though i thought i read all the posts yesterday. This thread is truly getting confusing. Maybe bees is right about locking it ;)

I read it as there were a couple days the staff wasn't able to reach White. Not that he was ignoring Red or anyone else. O13 said the staff knew White was coming, and Bauer made it sound like Red didn't know that. O13 said White was in touch with the AD on Friday.

I tried to save you all the trouble of worrying about TT when I was told EXACTLY what was holding him up. And then he committed.

Chill people. AW is committing to SYRACUSE.

Doubters are going to doubt. I believe in you O13. We are going to get AW3. We are the perfect fit. Honestly, it's just an amazing fit. The kid gets everything he wants. I envision him sinking a buzzard beater in the Dome in front of 40,000 people on national TV beating Duke! Are you kidding me? Just that chance alone is worth it!

p3.jpg

I just love the girl on the right.

Look, I just want say, I want everyone to continue to post here. I know many people are getting tired reading a few sentences. It's very hard to use the scroll bar. I get it. People just can't take how hard it is to read this thread. But for many of us it takes a full 20 to 30 seconds to read an entire of page of posts. For many of us, we don't mind an occasional post to divert our attention. Something like a looping gif of some crazy 20 year old dropping 40 feet after slamming down a basketball off a bridge. You have to hand the world to the 20 year olds. They are practically indestructible. I see that kid and wonder if I would ever walk again if I tried that!

I just want to announce to everyone my plan is to continue to read and liking every post. This thread is our Orange prayer vigil for AW3 to commit. I know a lot of people complained by how many pages were in the TT thread. Many people pulled muscles reading all the posts. I get it. It's hard to read. It's hard to use the computer mouse to scroll. My God so many alerts. I really understand your pain. But in end TT committed and it was all worth it. We can do this people. Orange nation needs contributors. I have this theory that for some people where their mind is focused on is what the next complaint is going to be about. For the rest of you in pain, take a pill.

Maybe I am in the minority. I doubt it but maybe. But my two cents is that the 5-10 folks who provide 90 percent of the white noise posts and treat this (and any thread de jour) as their own personal email thread have no idea how frustrating it is for those who simply want relevant information. Not just the decision. So the "thread title will change" comment does not work. But relevant information that may provide insight into the decision. We are SU hoops nuts too and we want to know too but to read 50+ posts per day of utter irrelevance is really quite annoying. So yes, I would love to see this thread shut down. Or two AW threads set up - one for relevant info and one for idle chatter. This is not being a complainer, at least I hope not. It's just being matter of fact and hoping, perhaps naively so, that light bulb goes off.

Maybe I am in the minority. I doubt it but maybe. But my two cents is that the 5-10 folks who provide 90 percent of the white noise posts and treat this (and any thread de jour) as their own personal email thread have no idea how frustrating it is for those who simply want relevant information. Not just the decision. So the "thread title will change" comment does not work. But relevant information that may provide insight into the decision. We are SU hoops nuts too and we want to know too but to read 50+ posts per day of utter irrelevance is really quite annoying. So yes, I would love to see this thread shut down. Or two AW threads set up - one for relevant info and one for idle chatter. This is not being a complainer, at least I hope not. It's just being matter of fact and hoping, perhaps naively so, that light bulb goes off.
right on

Ok, to summarize today's on-topic commotion:
1) AW3 is on track and has been in touch with some members of the staff (at least on Friday and possibly since)
2) There was in fact miscommunication between Red and the rest of the staff re: contact with AW3
3) Staff members/player(s) laughing at the hand wringing ... 'cause it really is funny to watch old geezers scrutinizing 21 year-old's decisions.
4) Dave, how many days left?

Doubters are going to doubt. I believe in you O13. We are going to get AW3. We are the perfect fit. Honestly, it's just an amazing fit. The kid gets everything he wants. I envision him sinking a buzzard beater in the Dome in front of 40,000 people on national TV beating Duke! Are you kidding me? Just that chance alone is worth it!

View attachment 71005
I just love the girl on the right.
Love her? Are you sure you're not just seeing something and saying you love it?

There are just way too many complainers. I have this theory that for some people, whatever their mind is currently focused on, is what the next complaint is going to be about. Honestly, it's just text on a web page. I just can't believe it's that difficult to read.

The hard part for AW3 was telling Coach Miles he was going to transfer out of Nebraska. And facing his teammates. But the hard part is over. Since this is his third school I imagine changing schools is old hat by now. I just can't believe how great the opportunity is for AW3 this season with the Orange. He's really quite lucky when you think about it. Most of the major programs have a bunch of five star freshmen coming in so there's no opportunity. AW3 just got lucky with our numbers problem and Malachi leaving. It's just an amazing opportunity for him.

There are just way too many complainers. I have this theory that for some people, whatever their mind is currently focused on, is what the next complaint is going to be about. Honestly, it's just text on a web page. I just can't believe it's that difficult to read.

The hard part for AW3 was telling Coach Miles he was going to transfer out of Nebraska. And facing his teammates. But the hard part is over. Since this is his third school I imagine changing schools is old hat by now. I just can't believe how great the opportunity is for AW3 this season with the Orange. He's really quite lucky when you think about it. Most of the major programs have a bunch of five star freshmen coming in so there's no opportunity. AW3 just got lucky with our numbers problem and Malachi leaving. It's just an amazing opportunity for him.
Great post

Here's a nice blog post on both. My times were a bit later. But we still had all the same systems. Plus PDP 11/44 on which Pascal was taught. And the punch cards and ALGOL and Machinery Hall. APL was actually my favorite (being an ex-math major). My Comp Engineering friend and I wrote a 3-d tictactoe on the DEC 10 for the AI class with Allan Robinson. Fun memories.

I AM ORANGE: 1976-1980
Nice. Great memories. I still remember toggling switches seemingly forever to load a simple program in Assembler on a PDP11. I think it took something like 25 lines to write a program to ring a bell.

And submitting programs to run at Machinery Hall by handing someone a stack of punch cards was different. If nothing else, it gave me a great appreciation for keyboards. Thank god I didn't have to use alternative methods for inputting programs in the real world...

Nice. Great memories. I still remember toggling switches seemingly forever to load a simple program in Assembler on a PDP11. I think it took something like 25 lines to write a program to ring a bell.

And submitting programs to run at Machinery Hall by handing someone a stack of punch cards was different. If nothing else, it gave me a great appreciation for keyboards. Thank god I didn't have to use alternative methods for inputting programs in the real world...

I never got to use it but they had a PDP-8 with a paper tape reader in the sub-basement of Link. I spent one summer at SU taking classes and working for the engineering department fixing the PDP-11/23s they had in the fish bowl lab.

One of my best memories of Link was playing hacky sack in the entry way 4 am to 6 am most nights. It's a goofy game. It's actually quite amazing how good people were kicking a sack of beans around.

What you're not recognizing is that without the white noise there would be silence. There is no additional relevant information. So is silence preferable to noise, or some amazing gifs you would have never seen? Remember, just because you can't hear the walkers doesn't mean they aren't right on the other side of the fence. End of my noise.

We can only hope he (announces that he) takes it. The sooner the better for the sanity of all involved.

That said I'll be curious to see how many posts this thread gets in the first two hours after the thread title changes from offered to committed. I bet it's 5 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom