Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 235 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more. I guess it would be disagreeing with the media but VCU was never an option to begin with.

And this is precisely what I mean. There have been a few reports that VCU was always in the mix and is a legit contender for him. We've had some VCU fan say White did meet with the staff at VCU. Goodman reported it's down to VCU and Syracuse. You could be right, and maybe White met with them out of respect or obligation. Maybe he told them no face to face the first time they met. We would't know, since White hasn't said anything.

Thought I'd give a live report.

I've been on campus for a little over 5 hours. I have yet to see any sign of AW. But what has me more concerned is that I haven't seen any basketball players.
Oh no! Hope the walk on are ready. That's probably why we added one - none of the scholarship players are coming back. Are they all playing in Europe? Transferring to D2 schools? This is more than troubling!

And this is precisely what I mean. There have been a few reports that VCU was always in the mix and is a legit contender for him. We've had some VCU fan say White did meet with the staff at VCU. Goodman reported it's down to VCU and Syracuse. You could be right, and maybe White met with them out of respect or obligation. Maybe he told them no face to face the first time they met. We would't know, since White hasn't said anything.

Pretty sure Goodman or ESPN know nothing regarding his recruitment.

He had no problem "announcing" visits" to Miami and Michigan State...I'm positive VCU was never "in the mix"

Thought I'd give a live report.

I've been on campus for a little over 5 hours. I have yet to see any sign of AW. But what has me more concerned is that I haven't seen any basketball players.
We need some other buttons besides just the "like" button. Facebook has spoiled me. This could be an "oh no" button. Maybe the whole team has defected to another school!!!

Sheesh Troy Baxter gets out of his LOI... 90th ranked 2016 recruit. Pretty frigging late for all of this isn't it?

He's coming! Confirmed!

Former Grinnell College guard Braedon Bayer will join Syracuse basketball as a walk-on, an SU Athletics spokesman tells @DOsports.

Oh you were waiting for someone else...

Grinnell College in Iowa? good chance the kid is a shooter.

Maybe, but that would be no different than us knowing Jake, Gilardino, Oman 13 or llandz

It's much different. We don't know what White is telling VCU. We've heard about press conferences, student ID's, and registration and none of those things have been confirmed as true as of the other day. How do we know White isn't telling VCU the exact same thing-that he's coming to VCU? If VCU's coach told Goodman they thought White might pick them, there's probably a reason why. It appears White still isn't registered at Syracuse and classes start Monday. White could have ended all the speculation about VCU by announcing his intention to transfer to Cuse.

And for the record, I think he's probably in Syracuse or on his way now. Too many good sources here saying the same thing. Why not make it official?

It's much different. We don't know what White is telling VCU. We've heard about press conferences, student ID's, and registration and none of those things have been confirmed as true as of the other day. How do we know White isn't telling VCU the exact same thing-that he's coming to VCU? If VCU's coach told Goodman they thought White might pick them, there's probably a reason why. It appears White still isn't registered at Syracuse and classes start Monday. White could have ended all the speculation about VCU by announcing his intention to transfer to Cuse.

And for the record, I think he's probably in Syracuse or on his way now. Too many good sources here saying the same thing. Why not make it official?

It would have been on the Vcu forum by now.

I don't understand the point of this. You are just frustrated that he hasn't said anything? OK we get it! We wait. VCU waits. Faber College waits. Announcement or no, whatever he decides, we'll eventually know. Hammering your head against this wall will not resolve anything.

I don't understand the point of this. You are just frustrated that he hasn't said anything? OK we get it! We wait. VCU waits. Faber College waits. Announcement or no, whatever he decides, we'll eventually know. Hammering your head against this wall will not resolve anything.

I'm not trying to resolve anything. I'm trying to figure out what's going on. I think we'd all like to see a commitment from White. I just pointed out it's very strange not to announce anything and just show up, and asked the question why.

True. I think everyone should use the term "I am taking my talents to..." whenever they get the opportunity. My wife gets annoyed when I am like "I am taking my talents to...the grocery store, do you need anything." or "I am taking my talents to...the bathroom, I could be a while."
This one had me under the table. Post of these threads!

When does the movie or neurotic reality TV show come out on this? Quite the soap opera for fans.

th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors