Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Shyte! I go on a bike ride for a few days and come back to 37 pages. Gotta lotta reading to catch up on. Any good news with Mr. White?

I got a text tonight saying the same thing. "Not 100% but looking highly likely."
So we're getting conflicting sources. One says the bat phone is ringing... another says it's "looking good" while the other is more aggressive saying "highly likely". Who knows what to believe anymore...

Interesting read about the White transfer from Red Review

Team stats from last season show how important he was to their program and thus a devastating loss.

So who else is he looking at? If Pitino was truthful a few pages back that means Ville is out.

That leaves VCU and Cincinnati. I get VCU if he wants to stay home, but would he really choose Cincy over here?

Interesting read about the White transfer from Red Review

Team stats from last season show how important he was to their program and thus a devastating loss.

I just love red-state humor: "The news hit like a military-grade rifle to the back of the skull,"

It's a pretty grim article. I thought this quote was interesting:

"Expectations are through the roof for Anton Gill, the 6-foot-3 transfer from Louisville, but all signs point to him being unable to replace either the three-point shooting (Gill shot less than 26 percent from deep in his two seasons at Louisville) and rebounding (he averaged less than one rebound per contest in both seasons) that White brought to the table."

I guess when you benefit and get hurt by the same thing you can't complain.

Yes, since a non military-grade rifle to the back of the skull would probably feel so much better. :p

It would certainly cost a whole lot less. ;)

There is no alternate universe that exists where I would ever use that analogy.

P.S. You have one of the best avatar pics ever!

Thanks guys---great way to start the day! (although I sense a low productivity day upcoming...).

Me this morning

200w.gif

So who else is he looking at? If Pitino was truthful a few pages back that means Ville is out.

That leaves VCU and Cincinnati. I get VCU if he wants to stay home, but would he really choose Cincy over here?
Neither VCU nor Cin make any sense - kid left Neb with desire to go to a higher-profile school. Why would he leave the B1G to go to the AAC or A10?

Breaking down their stats, White was better than Mali last season. He was a lot more efficient scoring.

AW3 shot significantly better than Mali from the field (48.1% to 36.9%).
AW3 shot significantly better than Mali from the 3 point circle (41.2% to 35.3%).
And he shot significantly better than Mali from the FT line (77.5% to 72%).

Mali was better at drawing fouls (157 FT attempted to AW3's 111). AW3 was much better rebounding (5.9 rpg to 4.3) but MR passed it better (77 assists to 20). They had almost the same blocks and personal fouls, but Mali had a lot more turnovers (79 to 54). For the raw number totals, Mali played a lot more minutes too (1272 vs 1010).

That being said, Mali would have been better in his sophomore year. And AW3's numbers are against B12 competition. Not shabby but not to the level of the ACC.

I think if we got him, AW3 would be very comparable in terms of his contribution to the team to the contribution MR would have made. What a coup this could be if it happens.

Andrew White

http://cuse.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbasket&year=2015

Breaking down their stats, White was better than Mali last season. He was a lot more efficient scoring.

AW3 shot significantly better than Mali from the 3 point circle (41.2% to 35.3%).

Mali was better at drawing fouls (157 FT attempted to AW3's 111). AW3 was much better rebounding (5.9 rpg to 4.3) but MR passed it better (77 assists to 20). They had almost the same blocks and personal fouls, but Mali had a lot more turnovers (79 to 54). For the raw number totals, Mali played a lot more minutes too (1272 vs 1010).

That being said, Mali would have been better in his sophomore year. And AW3's numbers are against B12 competition. Not shabby but not to the level of the ACC.

I think if we got him, AW3 would be very comparable in terms of his contribution to the team to the contribution MR would have made. What a coup this could be if it happens.

Andrew White

All we need is one of those Mission Impossible masks and Malachi wig and nobody will know the difference!

Andrew White

The one positive about being on our roster is he should get more open looks than he did at Nebraska, playing with higher level talent here.

Andrew White

I noticed he played ~30 mins a game last year. My guess is he wants at least that next year. That could be the one slight sticking point for JB, ie can he give /guarantee AW roughly 30 mins a game? The rest of the boxes are checked, can JB get guards/wings to nba? Check. Can JB get to FF (extra exposure for his top players) ? Check in 2013 and 2016. Can he get AW ~30 mins so AW can put up big stats? I suspect he can but it will eat into someone elses mins. To me, just a wild guess, the top 4 guys next year would be AW, Gillon, Battle, Lydon; lets just say all at about 28 mins (altho we all know Jb likes to play his top guys more than that). Lets say Pascal and DC split 40 mins. That leaves 48 mins for FH and TR. 24 ea? Thats not bad (i suspect TR was at about 24 mins/ game last year). And if one of them for whatever reason logs a lot less than 24, that would enable JB to get his top 3-4 up above 30 mins a game like he usually does. To me there are plenty of mins to go around for AW

No i was wrong, TR was at about 30 mins/ game last year

Last edited:
I noticed he played ~30 mins a game last year. My guess is he wants at least that next year. That could be the one slight sticking point for JB, ie can he give /guarantee AW roughly 30 mins a game? The rest of the boxes are checked, can JB get guards/wings to nba? Check. Can JB get to FF (extra exposure for his top players) ? Check in 2013 and 2016. Can he get AW ~30 mins so AW can put up big stats? I suspect he can but it will eat into someone elses mins. To me, just a wild guess, the top 4 guys next year would be AW, Gillon, Battle, Lydon; lets just say all at about 28 mins (altho we all know Jb likes to play his top guys more than that). Lets say Pascal and DC split 40 mins. That leaves 48 mins for FH and TR. 24 ea? Thats not bad (i suspect TR was at about 24 mins/ game last year). And if one of them for whatever reason logs a lot less than 24, that would enable JB to get his top 3-4 up above 30 mins a game like he usually does. To me there are plenty of mins to go around for AW

Roberson averaged a little over 30 MPG last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom